Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaleNo85

HaleNo85 Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2012 Ohio

Head this way in about a week, was wondering if there is anywhere I should hit up on the way (bottle shop or brewery) it looks like google maps is taking 90 a majority of the way and the last leg on 86. Also any weird laws, a month a go I went through Indiana and put off my stops until Sunday which did work out to well with their no carry out sales haha. Thanks in advance!

2. mendonjoebeer

mendonjoebeer Aspirant (222) Nov 9, 2010 New York

The only places that come to mind in NY are Southerntier in Jamestown and The Village Tavern in Hammondsport. Why you heading there?

3. rocbrewcrew

rocbrewcrew Initiate (62) Dec 10, 2013 New York
    Trader

It's going to add about a half hour but you could go 71 to 76/80 East then go North on 79. On 79 You'll find Voodoo brewery. Further North on 79 in Erie there's Lavery Brewing and U Pick 6 tap House and Store. Then as Joe said you can stop at Southern Tier Brewery in Jamestown but then there's pretty much nothing until you get to Hammondsport.

4. Furbs23

Furbs23 Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2014 New York

Southern Tier Brewing in Lakewood (near Jamestown) is a good stop. I personally like many of their beers, ipa's especially. There are a few breweries around Keuka lake (have not tried them) where you will be headed. Ithaca Beer Company is about an hour's drive East from Hammondsport if you have some free time. Nothing weird or unusual with the alcohol laws. Can't buy beer before 8am and stop selling at 1am(in stores)...Safe travels

HaleNo85 likes this.
  5. Kiwi

Kiwi Initiate (129) Mar 15, 2004 New York

Ellicottville brewing , open daily 11:30 to 10PM in Ellicottville and Fredonia NY( Good food and brew at Fredonia facility). Erie brewing-Erie Pa. Market St Brewing in Corning NY. Birdland Brewing,Elmira Horseheads brewing Horseheads,Upstate brewing-Elmira. Then around keuka lake beginning in Hammondsport, Fingerlakes brewing,Keuka Brewing. Abandon Brewing and Climbing Bines Brewing, just out of Penn Yan in Dresden overlooking Seneca Lake. Worth the short drive to Roosterfish brewing in Watkins Glen and up the east side of Seneca lake to Wagners Brewing and Two Goats Brewing . Don't pass up Two Goats brewing if you have to make choices

HaleNo85 likes this.
  6. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (247) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

No kidding. This BA will be playing bass at Two Goats on March 7… maybe in time to welcome @HaleNo85. If they've got the Whiskey Richard on tap, be sure to secure your designated driver.

7. HaleNo85

Thanks of all the advice, taking the wife to finger lakes for her 30th bday. I plan on hittin up voodoo on the way back. We get full distro of southern tier so I may pass on them but this two goats place sounds on point I may have to stop there, we will be traveling up on the 7th
    what time do you guys play?

8. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (247) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

We play from 8-11. The beer's mostly okay, the roast beef sandwiches are great, and the atmosphere/view of Seneca Lake is beautiful.

9. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,331) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

On a side note, if you are interested in airplanes and/or local history, check out the Glenn Curtis Museum in Hammondsport. I enjoyed Roosterfish last time I was back visiting. Wagner is cool, they're both a winery and a brewery. Great views and decent food in their restaurant.

10. mendonjoebeer

mendonjoebeer Aspirant (222) Nov 9, 2010 New York

Just a heads up- Hammondsport is on Keuka Lake, Two goats a little further east on east side of Seneca Lake, about a 40 minute ride. Also some great places to eat near Two Goats. Enjoy the birthday celebration.

11. Kiwi

Kiwi Initiate (129) Mar 15, 2004 New York

Fingerlakes Distilling on east side Seneca Lake is really cool place. FYI, Two goats is a tiny place. Get a brewtrail map and use your GPS on your phone. Abandon Brewing and Keuka Brewing can be difficult to locate IMO.

12. HaleNo85

I'm not sure which we are going to but the bed and breakfast we're staying at is taking us on a tour of 2 wineries 2 breweries (one I know is roosterfish) and a distillery.

13. danamal85

danamal85 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2008 New York

Not sure on the difference in distribution or if you still have the abv limit in Ohio but, the grocery store in Hammondsport just got in a shipment of Maine Beer Co (Lunch, Lil One, and a Tiny Something Beautiful). They also have Dogfish World Wide Stout and 120 minute.

14. HaleNo85

Thanks for the heads up. The cap in Ohio is still 12% but hopefully changing in November. What's the stores name?

15. danamal85

danamal85 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2008 New York

Hammondsport Grocery. Also the Union Block Italian Bistro generally has a nice selection of draft beer and good food as well if you are in Hammondsport. The Tavern is nice but, it isn't what it once was. They need to do some serious inventory reduction on their bottle list as quite a few of their bottles have seen better days.

16. squack

squack Aspirant (256) Mar 13, 2013 Virginia

Which store is this? I have never even looked for beer in Hammondsport, but now I guess I will have to check it out this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.