1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Duck Duck Gooze Questions

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Rhettroactive, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhettroactive

Rhettroactive Pooh-Bah (2,225) Mar 28, 2009 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

For those of you who have swapped this of recent, what tends to be the current market value? I'm aware that there's another batch in the works, but I've heard in may not be released until next year or beyond. True?

Any info on DDG would be appreciated, as I'm in search of, and need to figure out what I want to do.

Thanks

2. futura123

futura123 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2010 California

Sage told me LA won't release it in the summer. They do have Phunky Duck and Mellow Yellow (two main components) in the work ( they blended them for Track 3). I guess they still wait for the last components barrel aged Avant Garde that has been soured to be ready.

Usually DDG takes sours with the same rarity level like Veritas 007,Veritas 10, Twisted Spoke, Beat b2, b3, b4,Hommage....I've traded DDG at least 5 times along that line.

3. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Initiate (0) May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

traded a cantillon zwanze 2010 for one, both sides were happy. This was the only real beer that I said 'I gotta try it' so I brought out the big guns. This was in late 2010 ish- might be harder to get now since many bottles have been opened since then.

PS it's a good beer, but prob. not worth the asking price.

4. futura123

Only "sessionable" Double Black worth the asking price for you.

drewba likes this.
  5. ShanePB

ShanePB Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

Completely agree.

6. brandon0350

brandon0350 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 California
    Trader

Just out of curiosity what was the price on release day? $35? and is the total bottle count known?

7. Rhettroactive

Pooh-Bah Society

Any word when the new batch will be released?

8. futura123

He didn't say exactly. It's really hard to know when sour beers are ready. I've been waiting on Beatification since 2009 and RRBC released two batch back to back in like 4 months. Since they have most of the components in the blend ready, I'll look at the crystal ball and say it's sometime toward the end of this year.

9. Rhettroactive

Pooh-Bah Society

Thanks for the heads up. My tasting group is dying to pair it with the Cable Car we've got, but don't wanna overpay for a beer that will see another release in X amount of time.

10. futura123

So, DDG doesn't worth the asking price of comparable sours from the same brewery like Veritas 007 or their stateside fellow RRBC Beatification?

11. ShanePB

ShanePB Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

I thought DDG was good, but not good enough to give up some of the stuff I've seen it traded for. Matter of personal taste, I assume.

12. stawn

stawn Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2008 California

It's all personal taste. I personally think it's the best sour LA has made. Although I've never tried Yellow Bus

futura123 likes this.
  13. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2009 Illinois

I think it WAS worth it 2 years ago... But the bottle we opened in Jan had fallen off quite a bit.
    Personally, I wouldn't trade too much for it-- but then again I've had it multiple times. Newer members or hardcore tickers probably would offer more than I'm willing.

14. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 New York
    Trader

i got one for 3 KH's a while back. i thought DDG was amazing and worth the price of admission. i'd swap another 3 KHs for one in a heartbeat.

15. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Initiate (0) May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

I don't think most any of those are worth their asking price currently, although I liked 007 and Beat b3 better than DDG.

16. trancesk8er

trancesk8er Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 California

I got ddg....got KH?

17. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 New York
    Trader

you realize you replied to a post that was made 1.5 years ago? that being said...you got batch 1 ddg? if so, hit me up.

18. CerealKillerKP

CerealKillerKP Crusader (478) May 24, 2009 Kentucky

^^^ HAHAHAHA ^_^

tacosandbeer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.