During a beer drinking session, in what order do you drink your beers?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by devlishdamsel, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecummins

mecummins Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2012 Illinois

If I'm having a beer flight or at a tasting, I'll use the same principle as wine tasting. Light to heavy. But honestly, I tend to drink seasonally. I crave hoppier beers in the summer and heavier stouts or porters in the winter.

2. Bitter_Echo

Bitter_Echo Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2012 Michigan

I rarely the same one all night long unless inventories can handle it; it's all about variation around here. The general rule is start with a IPA hop-monster, then try something new or something I have few examples of or something less liked, and then, if the try was a bust, flip back to an IPA for a corrective dose of a quality brew. ABV is not really a concern.

I'll only ever have three in a day, tops, but not dictated by ABV either (allows for minor cheating). My simple rule is this: Always, usually, sometimes, never! Always one, usually two, sometimes three and never four! No exceptions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

No fake news here. Get real beer content delivered to your doorstep every month.

Subscribe