Scandinavia Duty free in the airport--Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Europe' started by elNopalero, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (2,505) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

Planning ahead here folks. I have a long layover in Denmark and a direct flight back to the States. Wondering if there's any good beers to be found in the Copenhagen airport (international terminal)?

2. bark

bark Poo-Bah (5,531) Jan 1, 2004 Sweden

I haven't travelled via Copenhagen for over a year, so things might have changed.

But as far as I remember there is hardly any beer on sale at all. A few crates of Carlsberg Export and Carlsberg Pilsner was the only beers for sale I could find.

There used to be a craft beer bar outside the security lines, but I can't find any references to that place any longer.

3. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

I remember that there were some Mikkeller that he brewed especially for the airport last time I was there. It's at the shop with the nordic specialities in the beginning of the A-terminal (go right after the shop after security check), I think.

4. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (2,505) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

But did he brew it IN the airport? Using things he found there? (While that sounds kind of horrible I would appreciate the effort!)

5. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

I definitely hope not :p

6. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

Damn, I was just there last month for a quick layover! I haven't see nay good beers there myself though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

No fake news here. Get real beer content delivered to your doorstep every month.

Subscribe