Scandinavia Duty free in the airport--Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Europe' started by elNopalero, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (2,545) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

Planning ahead here folks. I have a long layover in Denmark and a direct flight back to the States. Wondering if there's any good beers to be found in the Copenhagen airport (international terminal)?

2. bark

bark Poo-Bah (5,636) Jan 1, 2004 Sweden

I haven't travelled via Copenhagen for over a year, so things might have changed.

But as far as I remember there is hardly any beer on sale at all. A few crates of Carlsberg Export and Carlsberg Pilsner was the only beers for sale I could find.

There used to be a craft beer bar outside the security lines, but I can't find any references to that place any longer.

3. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

I remember that there were some Mikkeller that he brewed especially for the airport last time I was there. It's at the shop with the nordic specialities in the beginning of the A-terminal (go right after the shop after security check), I think.

4. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (2,545) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

But did he brew it IN the airport? Using things he found there? (While that sounds kind of horrible I would appreciate the effort!)

5. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

I definitely hope not :p

6. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

Damn, I was just there last month for a quick layover! I haven't see nay good beers there myself though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More