Dynasty Fantasy Baseball BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by DStoked, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DStoked

DStoked Initiate (152) Sep 28, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

We are leaning towards no in-season waiver wire. This is another way to ensure interesting drafts in the future. With 40-man rosters there shouldn't be any trouble fielding a team, either through call-ups or trades. ​

2. DStoked

Trader

Please disregard my previous comment. I forgot that the following rule was added instead of banning free agent pickups, for the same reason as above:

Only players that are drafted can be kept, and only if they are on a roster (active or not) for the entire season. Players picked up off waivers cannot be kept.

3. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Initiate (169) Jan 22, 2013 Texas

So there will be Free Agent pickups, no waiver wire aka the free agents are always free agents (after dropped by a team as well as sitting in free agency for weeks)?

4. DStoked

Trader

Good question...what do you think?

5. DStoked

Trader

As of right now there is 1 spot left, maybe 2. Manager must have at least 2 trade/BIF references.

6. mcb4538

mcb4538 Initiate (97) Jul 12, 2007 New Jersey

7. Duffman929

Duffman929 Initiate (167) Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

There are a few different ways to use the wire in this type of format. I always feel like people should be rewarded for taking chances and risks with drafting over snagging guys on the waiver wire. Since our rosters will be so deep, I think something like any of these would work: people should be limited to one waiver move per week and cannot use that player until the following week (meaning their new player should be put in the non-active roster and they have to bring up that player for the next week), waiver pick-ups happen on Saturday morning only--unlimited pick ups--all by request, or we have an "end of the month supplemental draft" where we can drop a max of two players from our roster and pick up new players. All players picked up on waivers or in the supplemental draft are not eligible to be kept for the next year.

Also, if we are going to do the H2H thing, might I offer up suggestions based that things that irk me. One, I hate when H2H championships include the last week of the season--pitchers getting shut down early, players getting rested for the playoffs. Can we consider making the playoffs end the week before the last week? Two, I dislike how there is a silly luck factor involved in one week of winning a championship. If a team gets two starts from King Felix and CC and the team who had the better record only gets one start from Verlander and Dickey, it blows. Perhaps we can make the championship two weeks because each pitcher will pitch two or three times. The way to counteract this is to just have the 1st and 2nd place teams in each division play each other in the first week of the playoffs and then the winners play each other for two weeks for the championship. Feel free to share opinions on any of that.

8. DStoked

Trader

The free agent thing is tricky. As long as free agent pickups can't be kept next year, I'm ok with whatever other rules we pick. 1 per week is good with me.

In our other league we had the same 20-week regular season and 3-week playoff and it ended on the 23rd of September, about a week before the regular season ended. What if we made it a 10-day championship matchup? Most pitchers start twice in any given 10-day period.

9. DStoked

Trader

There is 1 spot left.

10. ggwheeler

ggwheeler Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 California

2 spots.

I reluctantly have to bow out.

I'm just not going to have the time necessary to dedicate to it. And I'd rather get out way in advance than be a shitty manager and make the entire league less fun.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm assuming that there will be no problem filling my spot because its only January.

If for some crazy reason there is no one to fill in by the time the spring training BiF kicks in, let me know and I'll make the time to come play.

11. DStoked

Trader

That's too bad man, was looking forward to it.

2 spots still open.

12. tx_beer_man

Sorry to hear the drop out. 2 spots!? With a beer rewarding league like this I can see the seagulls snapping....

On the free agents. There will be no worthy fee agents when we are spent (Austin Powers like without the 9mm) after the draft. I say free reigns those unworthy sons a guns as the other great part of rewarding teams is that of dropping someone drafted (aka keep-able) for someone we're literally betting on that can't be kept.

13. tx_beer_man

I also understand the week early thing and am for either way. Even better the 10-day champ. I know yahoo does 2 week.

14. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Washington

Trying to figure out if I'm in or not....no reply to my BM.

15. RayUF07

RayUF07 Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Florida

I will join!

16. DStoked

Trader

Yes you are, sorry. I'll send out an email to everyone soon.

17. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Washington

Haha, no problem man.

18. DStoked

Trader

FYI everyone who has replied here is in. We're at 11/12 so far. Hoping to get a 12th soon, then will send out an email.

19. jh1982

jh1982 Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2004 Nevada

If you still have a spot open I'd be interested in joining.

20. tx_beer_man

21. DStoked

Trader

We're full! Email coming soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.