Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

EBF Saturday: Anyone try the Tobacco aged beer?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Events' started by Brewsephus, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brewsephus

Can't remember where it was from or what kind of beer it was, other than dark and aged on tobacco. The booth was on the left side of the venue, by the concessions, and the brewer was really chill.

Any help identifying this beer/brewery would be great! Thanks!

2. skiofpinsk

Beer Trader

I believe it was Long Trail's Without Tobacco Stout (can't remember the exact name).

Brewsephus likes this.
  3. Feel_the_Darkness

Reminds me of Copenhagen black. Bourbon aged tobacco. Not for the faint of heart. I imagine that beer ain't either. I'd like to give it a go now that you mention it.

4. Brewsephus

From your name I did a search and found "Long Trail Coffee Tobacco Stout". While I was pretty out of it at the end of the EBF, that does seem plausible.

I remember it being great. I enjoy the tobacco roast, especially in wine, and this was my first time having it in a beer. Worried about repeating this with homebrew (i.e. nicotine in beer?).

What did you think of the beer?

5. skiofpinsk

Beer Trader

It was towards the end of the night so it's hard to recall everything, but I got a couple samples so I definitely liked it. Not sure how large of a sample I could drink in one sitting, however. The tobacco flavor was pretty strong and possibly a bit overwhelming from what I recall. It definitely fit in with the theme of the fest though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe