El Cat Round 8 renewal is live

Discussion in 'US - South' started by SPRichard, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (339) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Maybe the second bottle drops before beer week, so that they can also keg some for Huna day. I doubt it drops during beer week. But it’s going to be tight given all the packaging they have to do for the barley wine and maple Huna beer week release.

Also on the Zhukov cans I bet those come at the end, otherwise for out of town people they’d potentially sit around for an extended period of time, potentially losing adjunct flavor. Since there is no set completion time for the round. I bet the treated Zhukov cans aren’t produced until they know when the end is in sight

2. Tim3167

Tim3167 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2014 Florida

I’m really not sure what to expect for the Maple Hunah release. No limit? Did they make a bunch or will only a few be lucky enough to be able to purchase by waiting in line for hours?

3. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (68) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Trader

I'm really curious how the entire day will work out. What time does CCB typically open during TBBW? Cycle's Thursday bottle usually sells out quickly, plus people will be sleeping overnight at Angry Chair. So it will be interesting to see where and how the crowd get distributed. The no limit at CCB really is the wildcard to me.

4. clwatt3

clwatt3 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2012 Pennsylvania

Times like this make me wish i was local or coming to Huna this year.

5. Moc513

Moc513 Initiate (172) May 24, 2012 New York
    Trader

Maple Huna Release????

6. arkitip

arkitip Initiate (23) Mar 10, 2016 Florida

Guys, CCB hasn't produced a beer that sold out day 1, or even week 1, in over a year unless you count Growler Tuesday stuff which would be more than a little misleading. The best assumption is that they've made a ton of all of it.

DrinksAlone likes this.
  7. mcclellc

mcclellc Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2016 Arizona

Info on the "Maple Huna" release?

frenchblood21 likes this.
  8. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Trader

Check your email. Details are there. Also posted in the ccb/cycle thread.

Im not sure its a fair comparison. When was the last time a beer like Maple Huna hit the cooler? Maybe the Cognac MZ but even that is not a fair comparison IMO.

NoleBeerNoleFun likes this.
  9. DrinksAlone

DrinksAlone Initiate (65) Jan 18, 2017 Florida
    Trader

I never received an email from CCB

10. wjbent

wjbent Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2017 Florida

Nor have I.

Joehio likes this.
  11. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Disciple (353) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Make that 3 of no email

12. atothesquiz

atothesquiz Initiate (0) May 2, 2011 New York

It didn't go to my El cat email, it went to my ccb mailing list email. Perhaps that's why

DrinksAlone likes this.
  13. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,107) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Think maybe trying to align with all the other Tampa area barrel aged bottle releases this week is an additional reason for the long break between official El Cat announcements?

via @shand ty

[​IMG]

the_bavarian and Vikings1201 like this.
  14. Vikings1201

Vikings1201 Aspirant (231) Sep 8, 2012 North Carolina
    Trader

BA Maple Huna would have made a great addition to this round, guess I'll have to trade for a bottle instead.

tanis38 and Sabtos like this.
  15. AltonGriese

AltonGriese Initiate (62) Aug 14, 2010 Florida
    Trader

I live fifteen minutes from the brewery across the bay. Not all locals rush to pick up bottles as soon as they're released.

DrinksAlone likes this.
  16. Lapalou

Trader

As I guess, AC will be jammed on Thursday since ba igccs has the largest secondary market and smallest bottle count. Ccb opens at 11 am everyday. I expect an influx at Ccb staring around 1pm as people make their way from AC to CCB and then onto cycle for the Thursday bottle around 3 pm. Cycle and Ccb should have enough bottles to last long enough to handle this. The other option is people line up for cycle early, and making their way to AC after, which some people will do. That will still put them at Ccb around 1 or 2pm. The secondary demand will drive how long the xquic lasts. Since that seems to be the driving factor behind the hype and lines these days.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  17. arkitip

arkitip Initiate (23) Mar 10, 2016 Florida

This. Regardless of quality CCB beers haven't fetched much more than $4$ in quite some time plus they produce a fuck ton of everything they brew these days. Maybe the beer world surprises me and BA Xquic sells out in a couple of hours but I wouldn't put money on that.

18. Sphilups

Sphilups Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2016 Florida

Just clarifying since you said xquic. Xquic was maple huna but not barrel aged. This says it’s barrel aged. So it would be BA xquic. If it is, i can’t wait to try it because the regular version was the best maple treatment I’ve ever had on a beer

Scope4Beer, Lapalou and johnyb like this.
  19. Thirst_trappist

Trader

these days? :stuck_out_tongue:

all day every day.....welcome to the world of collectibles. If it's coveted....someone will try to make money on it.

Viclovescourtney and Lapalou like this.
  20. Tim3167

Tim3167 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2014 Florida

As someone who is hunting for beers without trading in mind I’m considering skipping AC now on Thursday. I’m really excited about these maple hunah bottles at CCB so will probably start at Cycle and head over to CCB. I mean I would love a bottle of Barrel Aged IGCCS but the parking is really a deterrent and that line will be crazy.

Hoping to see the Cycle details soon.

21. Thirst_trappist

Trader

details? like confirmation on what the bottles are?

someone posted a speculative list in the ccb/cycle thread. I'd imagine it's pretty close

Cycle opens for bottle releases around 8.

22. Lapalou

Trader

This is a headache free idea and this ba xquic should be excellent. The only issue is ba igccs is really damn good to drink. But you could head to AC for the tapping and drink it in the afternoon.

jloomis and Viclovescourtney like this.
  23. shand

shand Poo-Bah (1,764) Jul 13, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

Xquic, IIRC, had coffee in it as well, this one doesn't seem to. So not quite BA Xquic.

And, yeah, I'm avoiding AC all of the days. Gonna hit up the AC event at Pour House for draft of their first two bottles, gonna try to have DB Popinski and BAIGC at Hunahpu's Day. My plan every day is have some morning beers at Cycle, head to CCB afterwards, then play other events by ear.

24. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,431) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

The cycle bottle list posted is correct.

25. Thirst_trappist

Trader

thank you

Lare453 likes this.
  26. Thirst_trappist

Trader

for those wondering

this was the list posted:

Non-BA Sunday
    Cocodamia
    Maple &+
    BA Coffee
    DB Vanilla Maple
    Nibs and Almonds
    Cherry Coffee F/O

DrinksAlone and frenchblood21 like this.
  27. DrinksAlone

Trader

I'm like several others above... I am going to pass on AC except maybe Wednesday, Just don't want to tell with all the hype.

28. Lapalou

Trader

After seeing some of the ideas in here, I may do cycle on thurs morning, assuming the listing is in proper order that bottle appeals to me most of the weekdays. Then hit Ccb and then trek to AC and hope that it’s 1 pp and that there aren’t 900 people in line, maybe it works out maybe it doesn’t but I won’t spend my day sitting in the ally at AC.

gjoker321, DrinksAlone and Lare453 like this.
  29. DrinksAlone

Trader

My thoughts are to take off work on Wednesday or bring my laptop while waiting in line at AC then I'm going to hit up CCB and Cylce (get Sunday - Wednesday) on my way back home... On Thursday I think I'll get to Cycle before they open then head up to CCB to get there when they open...I'm going to stay away from AC on Thursday at all costs and Fridays Cycle release does not interest me, so I doubt i'll go up unless one of my trade partners is dying for one.

30. wjbent

Email just went out - Bottle 2 is ready for pickup.

(We can finally talk about El Cat on the El Cat page!)

31. wjbent

Also, I'm taking "brandy barrel-aged version of our stock stout" from the description as confirmation of BBA Zhukov cans.

tanis38 and ahroun like this.
  32. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (671) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Hoping Königsberg is German for BA Hunahpu Cuvee...

33. TampaRainman

TampaRainman Devotee (432) Feb 17, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Sorry. All of that stock was used for AB Huna.

Bfairhurst74, wjbent and reefer_bob like this.
  34. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Disciple (302) May 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Kapvelong from the Gates of Hell was one of the stand outs IMO from the past. I really enjoyed it.

This should be a tasty beverage!

35. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

Bottle 2

Beer Name
    : Königsberg
    Style: Barrel-aged Imperial Stout // Baltic Porter Blend with Coconut, Vanilla and Cinnamon
    ABV: 11.2%
    IBU: 47
    Specialty Ingredients: Coconut, Vanilla and Cinnamon
    [​IMG]
    Königsberg
    Inspired by the confederation of merchant guilds that dominated trade in the Baltic and North Seas for 300 years, this beer is the coalescence of a Cognac Barrel-aged Baltic Porter, a Brandy Barrel-aged Imperial Stout, coconut, cinnamon and vanilla beans. Merchant sailors from London to Königsberg would be pleased indeed.

Tasting Notes: Aromas of chocolate coconut truffles play heavy on the nose with oak and brandy punctuating. Round and smooth on the palate, Königsberg eschews roast for treacle, chocolate and toffee flavors with dark fruit notes from both cognac and brandy barrels complimenting the blended base beer, while coconut flavor take center stage. Moderate carbonation and vanilla add body to the beer with cinnamon presents itself with subtlety and nuance.

Sabtos, maximum12 and DrinksAlone like this.
  36. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (5,257) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

This sounds great....as long as the highlighted is true. Cinnamon is one of those substances for me personally that if it's even slightly overdone, it dominates the beer & wrecks it for me. Thoughts & prayers that it is indeed subtle here!

jloomis, SammyJaxxxx and DrinksAlone like this.
  37. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Trader

Has anyone had to replace their EL Cat card? I've misplaced mine and want to make sure I have a card for TBBW. What is the process to get a new card?

38. slander420

slander420 Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2016 Florida

http://elcatadorclub.com/rules.html 10 bucks.

39. DrinksAlone

Trader

Will the El Cat discount apply to bottles released next week? I'm assuming so, just want to make sure so I can save that $1.499 on each bottle I buy next week. Also, are others pretty pumped with the 500ml size and the price point?

jloomis, wjbent and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  40. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Trader

The combination of the beer being offered, 500ml, price point, and hopefully less hassle (im skeptical on this) has made the BA Huna variant the beer I am most excited about during TBBW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.