El-Catador Club 6th Edition

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by tbart75, Dec 29, 2016.

1. tbart75

tbart75 Aspirant (298) Mar 31, 2011 Georgia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Looking forward to what the 6th Edition has to offer. Go ahead and give us your predictions Lapalou.

2. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

El Catador members...

We at Cigar City Brewing would like to thank you for your support of our brewery through your membership in our El Catador Barrel-aged Beer Club. The Fifth Edition El Catador Club saw some intriguing new releases and some new takes on old favorites and we're extremely proud of the beers that were part of this iteration of the club. The enthusiasm from Club members that follows each barrel-aged bottle release is matched (if not exceeded) by enthusiasm from our production staff when they are able to experience beer that they've worked so hard to create.

We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join the 6th Edition of the El Catador Club. The renewal period for this club will begin on Monday, January 2, 2017. All members of the 5th Edition are guaranteed a spot in the 6th Edition club at or below your current membership level. That means that those holding a two bottle membership in the 5th Edition may renew with a two or one bottle membership in the 6th Edition, while those with a one bottle membership in the 5th Edition may only renew for a one bottle membership in the 6th edition. As with previous clubs, membership in the 6th Edition Club guarantees members five barrel-aged beers, a card granting a 10% discount in our Tasting Room and a club-exclusive gift. Additional benefits and rewards will be announced as the club develops but rest assured that El Catador Club members will have access to events and beer not offered to the general public. A detailed email will go out Monday morning, January 2nd, 2017 with instructions on how to renew your membership.

Our goal for each edition of the club is to get bottles of beer into our members' hands as quickly as possible and we will continue toward this goal with the 6th Edition Club. While the nature of aging beer in wooden vessels leads to open-ended timelines and offers more opportunities for production issues, we feel confident that we will be able to honor the goal mentioned in previous emails of introducing three editions of the El Catador Club in the 2017 calendar year. For more insight into our process of barrel aging and our expectations for the Club in 2017, please check out the following post: http://elcatadorclub.com/about.html

As mentioned in earlier emails, 5th Edition El Catador Club members have until 11 PM on January 28, 2017 to claim the bottles from this club. No pickups for members or trustees will be honored after that time, and your El Catador discount card will expire at that time as well. We strongly encourage those picking up bottles before that date to visit the brewery on weekdays or early afternoons to expedite pick-up. If you are acting as a trustee for more than four members, please contact us at club@cigarcitybrewing.com before arriving at the brewery so we can have your bottles ready for you and you can have more time to enjoy a beer in the Tasting Room.

On behalf of our brewers and our management team, we'd like to thank you again for your trust and your support. We all look forward to sharing our most ambitious and exciting beers with you for many Clubs to come. Prost!

3. Nick_isthatstillcool

Nick_isthatstillcool Disciple (351) Apr 28, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Would love to see the return of Outskirts or Caffe Americano.

Thirst_trappist, ahroun and jloomis like this.
  4. OriginalFili

OriginalFili Initiate (156) May 18, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

Since it Bottled and currently sitting in the Brewery, AB Huna.

:slight_smile:

5. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

Haha!! I haven't heard that one before. I personally hope it is never released so that everyone can continue to say that for the next few years.

elvisdoc likes this.
  6. OriginalFili

Beer Trader

I'm more making fun of the feud from the last thread. I'm hoping it happens though. I would love another Rum Caffe Americano or DB (Rum/Bourbon) Caffe. Not a Prediction, just a want, a hope.

Edit: Also add some Cinnamon in there as well.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  7. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

So I know someone that knows someone that might work at CCB and they told me that all 5 bottles of Round 6 are going to be AB Huna. ;-)

8. Nick_isthatstillcool

Nick_isthatstillcool Disciple (351) Apr 28, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Can confirm, just saw photo in another thread.

9. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

Dear El Catador Club Members...
    We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join the 6th Edition of the El Catador Club. All members of the 5th Edition are guaranteed a spot in the 6th Edition club at or below your current membership level. That means that those holding a two bottle membership in the 5th Edition may renew with a two or one bottle membership in the 6th Edition, while those with a one bottle membership in the 5th Edition may only renew for a one bottle membership in the 6th edition. As with previous clubs, membership in the 6th Edition Club guarantees members five barrel-aged beers, a card granting a 10% discount in our Tasting Room and a club-exclusive gift. Additional benefits and rewards will be announced as the club develops but rest assured that El Catador Club members will have access to events and beer not offered to the general public. Additional details about the El Catador Club can be found at http://elcatadorclub.com/about.html
    To purchase an ECC 6th Edition membership, please log in to elcatadorclub.com using your existing membership log in information. Under "El Catador Club", you will see the membership available for purchase.
    Current club members are guaranteed a spot in the 6th Edition El Catador Club but must renew before midnight on Saturday, January 28th. After January 28th anyone who has not renewed their membership will no longer be guaranteed a spot in the 6th Edition and must enter a lottery to sign up for future clubs. Full payment for the 6th Edition Club must be made through the El Catador Club website before midnight on January 28th.
    As mentioned in earlier emails, 5th Edition El Catador Club members have until 11 PM on January 28, 2017 to claim the bottles from this club. No pickups for members or trustees will be honored after that time, and your El Catador discount card will expire at that time as well. We strongly encourage those picking up bottles before that date to visit the brewery on weekdays or early afternoons to expedite pick-up. If you are acting as a trustee for more than four members, please contact us at club@cigarcitybrewing.com before arriving at the brewery so we can have your bottles ready for you and you can have more time to enjoy a beer in the Tasting Room.

Cigar City Brewing
    3924 West Spruce Street
    Tampa, FL 33607
    http://cigarcitybrewing.com/
    store@cigarcitybrewing.com

10. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

I'm having problems adding my 2 bottle membership to the cart as well. I'm sure CCB will fix this soon.

11. Jdub2839

Jdub2839 Aspirant (280) Mar 15, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

All members received this message

12. Jongator

Jongator Initiate (1) May 21, 2016 Florida

Yeah, it's not letting me add my 1 bottle membership to the cart either...they should fix this soon.

13. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

Thanks for the info. Two buddies of mine still haven't received this email so I thought I would share it with others if they also haven't been notified.

14. macrosmatic

macrosmatic Poo-Bah (1,933) Mar 9, 2006 Florida
    Beer Trader

I wasn't able to renew when they first sent the email out.
    I just tried again and it went through fine (two-bottle membership).
    Just a heads up for everyone looking to renew today.

Jroden5446 and tbart75 like this.
  15. Jroden5446

Jroden5446 Aspirant (213) Oct 7, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

And in for another double round! :grinning:

evilcatfish likes this.
  16. Devman171

Devman171 Zealot (554) May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

yea, @Lapalou whats next round before I buy lol

17. sandlansd

sandlansd Initiate (91) Jun 15, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Lapalou? That dude is an amateur at predicting El Cat beers.

It's @roon that you want to ask. He is the one with the inside sources. He has pictures of all five round 6 bottles. He just can't show them to you.

18. AaronRodgers

AaronRodgers Initiate (192) Dec 11, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Over/Under on Barleywines/ Strong Ales = 2.5

GDawgs34 likes this.
  19. WCKDVBZ

WCKDVBZ Savant (961) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

How come "El" and "Catador" are hyphenated? :astonished:

20. roon

roon Initiate (161) Mar 1, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Troll so hard.

GDawgs34 and Beer4B like this.
  21. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,312) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

I'm taking the Over!

And One will be a ba saison.

22. MyakkaRiver

MyakkaRiver Aspirant (229) Jan 28, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Here's an image I saw posted in one of the Facebook groups showing a beer called Drag Me Away, it didn't say the type but it is aged in Pinot Noir barrels. It's possible it could be for Huna day?, but barrel aged nonetheless.

[​IMG]

jloomis and rightcoast7 like this.
  23. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (618) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

In for 2 bottles again. At first I told myself I only needed the 1 bottle membership, that thought lasted all of 2 seconds lol

KevSal and tbart75 like this.
  24. sandlansd

sandlansd Initiate (91) Jun 15, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Do you know what size nards were added to the beer? I personally can't stand small nards. They throw the flavor profile off.

25. lionelhutz23

lionelhutz23 Initiate (190) Jul 21, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Praying for 5/5 barleywines and Old Ales.

26. basto

basto Aspirant (239) Mar 7, 2014 Utah
    Beer Trader

27. MyakkaRiver

MyakkaRiver Aspirant (229) Jan 28, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Definitely need to be the big nards lol.

Digging into this a little more, it seems this picture was posted back in the El Cat 4 Round thread. A link was also posted showing Brettanomyces naardenensis being used on a bottle conditioned Saison, which leads back to the guess made by @Lare453

28. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

Can't wait to see what the "club exclusive gift" is this round! :grimacing:

29. Lucoli

Lucoli Zealot (555) Apr 2, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Please be paper coaster!

30. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Aspirant (221) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

The club exclusive gift is going to be a bottle wrapper that consists of interchangable barrel aged hunahpu labels so people can essentially have a BA Hunah every round to eliminate all of the bitching.

benbking, GDawgs34, tanis38 and 7 others like this.
  31. tbart75

Subscriber Beer Trader

Did @roon confirm this?

GDawgs34 and jloomis like this.
  32. OriginalFili

Beer Trader

Old Beepers they found, with a CCB Stickers on them

:sunglasses:

tanis38 likes this.
  33. BKnarr

BKnarr Aspirant (296) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Silverware from the now defunct CCB Brewpub. Too soon?:flushed:

34. swortman25

swortman25 Aspirant (218) Nov 7, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I figure the gift will be a signed picture of bottled AB Huna

35. SPRichard

SPRichard Disciple (358) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey

He's the one that designed it

johnyb likes this.
  36. Craft_advisory

Craft_advisory Initiate (171) Jun 28, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Hopefully we'll get a really nice sour and a double barrel penultimate this round

Devman171 likes this.
  37. OriginalFili

Beer Trader

How long are the beers typically barreled for, isn't it a bit early for Pen Push?

38. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (1,228) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Rooneywhines. That's all we will have this round I hear.

All kidding aside- I hope it's a better round. Batting 50 percent last round I felt.

39. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (115) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

I am seriously thinking about dropping to 1 bottle or not renewing at all. IMO and for my tastes they are just not putting out good beers in ECC now. Of course being terrified that I may miss the next whale has bee conflicted.

40. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,312) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

It wouldn't matter. All huna and Zhukov variants are barreled as plain huna don then treated after the barreling.

If they have enough ba Zhukov, they make it whatever they want.

Craft_advisory likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.