El Catador Club - Round 3

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by TampaRainman, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBrodbeck

CBrodbeck Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2014 Florida

Had it, reserved with a time... timed out twice, finally get to CC payment... your reservation for El Catador Club New Member Signup has expired.

2. dingalls8

dingalls8 Initiate (71) Jul 18, 2014 Virginia

What a tease :-)

3. LADEDA

LADEDA Disciple (351) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Society

Same here. I've never used this before, but WTF? Just checked my credit card, and no activity there.

4. PEDXING

PEDXING Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2013 North Carolina

Well that was some shit. Got in, put it in my cart, went to check out and it was still there; entered in my credit card info, to be charged $150 plus tax, all before the timer ran out; hit submit and got nothing. Not that I expected anything else, but Christ, that sucked.

5. ChugLife

ChugLife Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2012 Colorado

My buddy got the same.

6. Mangbus

Mangbus Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

I did and so did a friend.

We both were charged $160.50 and got full confirmations with that total. 4 Items in the cart

7. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Congrats to the winners.

Ruined my fucking day....

8. Beerisheaven

Beerisheaven Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2007 Pennsylvania

Congrats to all who were able to get in. Enjoy the beers. Hope they make a Hunah this year

Zaphog and SFC21 like this.
  9. Adrena1ine

Adrena1ine Aspirant (221) Nov 22, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Another shit show release... I expected nothing less after the bullshit I went through with ANTEAD.

10. giediprime41

giediprime41 Initiate (111) Nov 25, 2015 Florida

Ok so what's a "El Catador Club Card" for zero dollars then?

11. GameFreac

GameFreac Disciple (327) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

Oh well...glad I had the chance even though I'm not a local. Hopefully I can get some ammo to trade for some round 3 bottles.

12. yumbeer

yumbeer Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Florida

What did you do differently than the rest of us? lol

13. Coldstorage

^Yeah... I know I'm crying over spilt milk but what a bullshit system. If it's in your cart it should be held. Not that I wasted any time but what a sick sinking feeling to have it not go through after all that.

14. 2_Beardz

2_Beardz Initiate (159) Apr 4, 2014 Florida
    Trader

what a crock of shit. i got to the payment page and it froze. i had everything entered and hit submit and it froze. crock. of. shit.

15. kegnation

kegnation Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2013 Virginia

Looks like I got the same problem as everyone else. Oh well, kinda bummed but it is what it is.

16. raczkowski

raczkowski Initiate (0) May 16, 2011 Florida

did anyone not expect this to happen? basically every release CCB has done like this turns into so many people getting butt hurt. 200 spots and probably 5-10k people trying to get in. if you thought it would be easy as goin to the store to buy some coors lite, you are all too naive. just be happy they made it an online process so everyone could get a chance to try and become a member of el catador club.

evilcatfish, chardlogic and newbrews like this.
  17. Helikoopter

Helikoopter Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2014 Canada (ON)

I'm pumped about the $0 glass! They better honor that!

Beer4B likes this.
  18. Hamrhdz

Hamrhdz Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2014 Florida

WTF? What do you mean, I don't get a T`shirt?!
    I really wanted a shirt.

19. fl_beer_fan

fl_beer_fan Initiate (85) Jun 9, 2015 Texas
    Trader

I paid the $160.50, but my cart only had 1 item.. Got the confirmation for my purchase on the actual membership, but not on the three $0.00 items. Wonder how this will play out

20. Moc513

Moc513 Initiate (162) May 24, 2012 New York

agreed....if you had it in your cart, nobody else should be able to snag it. I had all 4 in my cart and then lost them when it froze when going to load my info.

21. LADEDA

LADEDA Disciple (351) Jul 29, 2014 Florida
    Society

What a rush. About a quart of adrenalin pumped through me. Need a Hopslam to unwind. Maybe 4 will be a winner.

FLBeerGuy likes this.
  22. mgr78704

mgr78704 Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2013 Texas

Got in...it sounds like they let tons of people put the membership in the cart and then it was a race to fill in your info and checkout. It was a crawl through those three pages, but somehow got through. Glad to have had the opportunity, but with so few spots, surprised it wasn't just done locally.

evilcatfish, Compton25 and Bogart2930 like this.
  23. CBrodbeck

That's it. I'm done with Cigar City.
    [​IMG]

24. CBrodbeck

25. yumbeer

yumbeer Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Florida

Why be happy they made it available to people anywhere? Local breweries are about the local people in the community still, kinda-sorta, right? They should take care of the people that helped get them to where they are. Opening this up to online sales was a slap in the face to those of us that are local. Call it entitled, etc. if you want, but there's a reason many breweries keep their clubs to locals only.

John21 and floridadrift like this.
  26. Coldstorage

Did I miss something? Anyone say they expected it to be easy?
    Is everyone from Florida so friendly? :wink:

27. Beer4B

Beer4B Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Florida

You might owe me a new keyboard…spit my shit after seeing this 2nd picture!

28. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

Anyone remember El Cat 1 sign-ups that lasted from open to close and they let anyone that got there before close join? That was nice.

29. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,414) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Memberships were open for three days after that too. Just sign up at the bar.

jloomis and BKnarr like this.
  30. raczkowski

as i scrolled through the people who were posted being upset, majority of them were not local. i tend to agree with you that if it is less than 500 memberships they should do it locally or do an in person lottery or something. but, its not my business to run.

31. raczkowski

i am not trying to piss anyone off...just that when people get shut out of a sub 200 bottle count, or in this case membership deal, everyone gets upset and wants to throw the kitchen sink at Cigar City. I know people had it in their cart until checkout, and all signs lead to them getting a membership..i just think people need to remember how many people were trying to get el cat membership vs how many were available, and the track record of these things going sour for CCB. almost all of their online sales like this have had problems. if it wasn't in person for me 3 years ago, i would not have gotten in.

32. ARayLSU

ARayLSU Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2014 Florida

I got through by some stroke of luck. Was having it time out on each of my 5 chrome browser tabs, but by some stroke of genius I opened an incognito tab and about a minute into it, I got a halfway loaded page. I checked the I agree box, clicked add to cart, and checked out. It took about 5 minutes to check out, but I ended up with a confirmation email for $160.50. Under my account it still says unbilled, but apparently as long as it doesn't say $0, you are good.

33. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

I did not get in. I also did not win the lottery today.

Beer4B, Jas45678 and gjoker321 like this.
  34. GameFreac

GameFreac Disciple (327) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

Holy shit you made my night

35. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Initiate (0) May 13, 2014 California

Got in. 3 items in my cart, membership, card, glass, $160 something. Woot

36. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Meyvn (1,258) Feb 6, 2007 Florida
    Trader

Ah....those were the days my friend

jloomis likes this.
  37. pisano

pisano Zealot (553) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Brilliant!

38. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

39. Bogart2930

Bogart2930 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2015 Florida

40. GABrew

GABrew Initiate (0) May 5, 2013 Georgia

Maybe there is still hope. I had the same thing happen that most of you did... got to the CC page after a ton of lag, entered everything and clicked to complete order, then it timed out and removed everything from my cart and said sold out. I had completely given up trying about 8:40pm, then got a push alert from AMEX on my phone at about 9:15pm showing the $160.50 charge and got an email confirmation from CCB shortly after showing the new membership and $160.50 charge. Looks like maybe I made it??

tanis38 and TBBAGBIF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.