El Catador Club

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by gunhaver, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuajw

shuajw Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2007 Georgia

It'll be a cluster and 75%+ will be out of staters needing trustees

I'd love to get in on this, since I'm down there 5 or 6 times a year visiting the in-laws, but I'm sure the odds will be very low.

2. gunhaver

gunhaver Initiate (0) May 27, 2007 Florida

no one said anything about memberships being sold online :slight_smile:

MADPolo, hoppy99, velcrogrip and 9 others like this.
  3. sendsilk

sendsilk Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2007 Florida

Remember how they did the Brandy Hunahpu's drawings? People had to pick them up themselves. Have faith in the CCB team, they always seem to remember and appreciate their loyal customers. Want to get Jai Alai in Charlotte? It's not happening since they keep it in the state for us locals.

4. sendsilk

sendsilk Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2007 Florida

You think only 75% would be out of staters? I would put it at 95% at least.

5. DmouthCaliBrewz

DmouthCaliBrewz Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2013 New Hampshire

This

Everyone freak out and trade ur BA Hunahs now! It's gonna be like New Year's Eve 1999 up in dis bitch

kenm2118 likes this.
  6. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

This!

velcrogrip likes this.
  7. joshodonn

joshodonn Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2011 Florida

I hear ya...

I realize after re-reading my post that my statement about not giving two-shits about who buys their beers may be mis-interpreted... I totally 100% realize and appreciate that CCB appreciates and takes care of us locals, but at the end of the day, they just want to sell their beer. If they sell to me as local or Joe-schmoe from BFE, they just want to sell the beer, and my $120 is the same as his $120.

8. chief__wiggum

chief__wiggum Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2013 Florida

Tampa Bay area guy here! Details on how to pay for memberships have not been announced yet. When they are, I plan on signing up if there are slots open.

If I get in, I'll definitely help someone out in getting theres!

Beerandraiderfan, wscaffe and PeterJ like this.
  9. tpd975

tpd975 Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2006 Florida

I think what ringhaver is saying is it will be one body per membership. If you want a membership it seems as though your trustee will need to get you a mule.

10. chief__wiggum

chief__wiggum Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2013 Florida

The joys of living in the Bay area :grinning:

11. eawolff99

eawolff99 Meyvn (1,149) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Can I cover a trustee with Colorado goodness?? Please send me a BM and we'll work something reasonable out!! Thanks!

12. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

Been waiting to hear something like this for a while now, can't wait, my boss and I will be driving up from boca even more now!

13. Lasering

Lasering Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 Florida

This is awesome but all these people looking for trustees and we have no idea how many members? Could be 120 for all we know...

14. Lasering

Lasering Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 Florida

120 is an awesome price! Hope it's not stupid hard to get into!

15. Danny1217

Danny1217 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2011 Florida

How much time would we have to pick up bottles though? I'm 5 hours away and would like to know. I can't be driving up there all the time.

16. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

Rough guess. Within 30 days from the final beer's release.

17. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (660) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Can't wait to hear BAstoutsNsours say "Kneel before Zod".

18. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (660) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Brandy Hunahpu = "Taking care of locals".

19. cyrushire

cyrushire Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

Looks like Im about to commit myself to 60 additional hours of driving this year.

gjoker321, jmm380 and RayUF07 like this.
  20. bulldogbrewhaus

bulldogbrewhaus Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012 Virginia

Well damn CCB, what a cool idea. If I lived in Tampa I would be so broke. IMO most underrated brewery in the country.

21. hoppy99

hoppy99 Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2009 Florida

I was hoping it would be handled Tasting Room only - Cheers!

22. velcrogrip

velcrogrip Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2013 Florida

I'll be curious how this will work. Hopefully locals get first shot via tasting room, and then some online or other method is opened. The whole concept of allowing trustees suggests that people can apply remotely, so how could it be tasting room only?

I'm just happy to be local, so that part shouldn't be much of an issue. Just hoping it to not get locked out in some way.

kpanter likes this.
  23. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2012 Alabama
    Deactivated

CCB Member's Only jackets anyone??? I know I want one!

Hopsiam14, jloomis, madnismo and 3 others like this.
  24. ckossmann88

ckossmann88 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2013 Florida

Have a little faith. I'm sure after the Huna debocale this year they have thought long and hard on how to avoid mishaps with this. Will it be fool proof, I doubt it. At least if they mitigate any issues ill be happy, and by mitigate any issues I guess I really mean prevent any issues from me getting a membership! Haha!

But seriously they know a locals 120$ is far more valuable then a trustees. Take into consideration the fact there will be in tasting room discounts driving more revenue for them, the trustees won't be using that. I visit the tasting room regularly, in fact I'm leaving here shortly for their growler Tuesday. 10% off and special releases will undoubtedly get me in there even more often and spending more money.

Good job CCB, now shut up and take my money!!

Ravenacht likes this.
  25. stephenherbertmartin

stephenherbertmartin Initiate (0) Jun 27, 2013 Florida

Great Point. In a perfect world, me and 2 other dudes from Orlando will be able to aquire memberships and this will probably increase the number of trips we take down to CCB. So besides the added value it will bring from locals, it will also increase revenue from those of us just outside the area. Either way, here's hoping!

gjoker321 likes this.
  26. ckossmann88

The value, for me anyways, truly comes from the advanced ticket sales. If they (and I'm sure they will) ticket next hunaphu day it will be nice to take the stress off it being sold out by having an advanced sale opportunity.

27. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2011 New York

You may be right overall. But it's also conceivable that some of the locals who already go often will now still go a similar amount of times yet have a discount, to boot, which could lower revenue for CCB. With a non-local, they have a new revenue stream that they otherwise (in all likelihood) would not have had.

So, the analysis isn't quite so simple as/the slam dunk you made it out to be.

28. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2012 Alabama
    Deactivated

You keep your voice of reason out of this! :wink:

29. ckossmann88

That's definitely true. Especially with the out of towners we foot the bill to "distribute" their beers via fed ex etc. so it's win win in that regard.

Personally I can say that I will go more often for the special member only growler fills, provided that they are above par from what we've seen on growler Tuesday (today is pineapple pale ale). Not that I'm complaining about the selection but I believe if something a little more "spicy" would drive more people to go not that they really have a problem now (as I stand in a long line) The last thing I saw like that was the BA Jose Marti.

velcrogrip likes this.
  30. gunhaver

doing crazy stuff every week is harder than you think

31. ridglens

ridglens Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2010 Indiana

Hey Floridans, depending on how they sell these i may be trying to join. if someone wouldn't mind trusteeing for me i would be most thankful! hit me up, i'm sure we can work something out :wink:

Cheers!

32. michaeljstraub

michaeljstraub Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2012 Georgia

A buddy of mine near CCB is joining alongside me. That takes care of the trustee. Now we play the waiting game

33. ckossmann88

I definitely won't pretend to know what it's like, though I do see the stress it puts under the tenders while
    I'm there. There's an awful alot of demand for your beer no matter what is released be it "crazy" or otherwise. I for one would like to see a stout of some sort of the lineup in the future, but that's just the style I've come to like the most over time.

These fruit treatments are damn delicious though, bring back blueberry Are Wheat There Yet! It has got to be my favorite to date. :slight_smile:

34. howopeeps

howopeeps Initiate (179) Mar 7, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Same response as others if I get in looking for a trustee

35. gunhaver

that's actually a Tampa Bay Brew Bus beer. and you'll be happy to know they are kegging it up right now. it's called You're My Boy Blue! Blueberry Wheat Ale. should be hitting distribution soon.

gjoker321 and velcrogrip like this.
  36. ckossmann88

That's great news! Can't wait! It will be on the tasting room as well I trust, in bottles?

37. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Florida

This reminds me, any future plans for Fruit in the Room? Or has it gone the way of the Dodo?

38. gunhaver

we talked in earnest about how we could do it this year logistically. it was a done deal briefly but it all fell apart. something will be figured out eventually

39. RayUF07

RayUF07 Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Florida

Ahhh...forgot all about that one. Hope to see it soon.

40. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 New York

I plan on signing up (if I can) and would need a trustee. I already have a Bruery Trustee who is well compensated with great beer(HF stuff, Heady, Captain Lawrence, Barrier, Kane, Peekskill growlers, NYC-area stuff) and can offer the same level of beer . BM me if interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.