El Chapo's daughter unveils range of BEER named after her notorious drug lord dad

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by officerbill, Jan 17, 2020.

1. officerbill

officerbill Devotee (452) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

“Alejandrina Guzmán Salazar... unveiled El Chapo Mexican Lager at Tuesday's Intermoda trade show in Guadalajara.

The lager was produced by La Chingonería, a Mexico City-based brewery company, and contains 4% alcohol. It is brewed with malt, rice and honey, but has yet to hit local bars and stores in Mexico.” ($4/333ml bottle)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...range-BEER-named-notorious-drug-lord-dad.html
    [​IMG]

Give this beer a 5 rating or you'll never see your family again

2. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,015) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

That shit is killer, boomer.

3. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,426) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

It's not even April 1st yet. Unbelievable!! :astonished:

Barettes, Shanex, mikeinportc and 5 others like this.
  4. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Defender (671) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Sadly, I suspect it will be popular in Mexico.

Shanex, PapaGoose03 and officerbill like this.
  5. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Crusader (752) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

We dare you to see how long you can keep it locked in your fridge!

Somewhere Hitler's heirs are thinking "Using a ruthless murderer to market beer!!!...yeah, we'd better wait a few hundred more years...."

Shanex, beertunes, Bshaw22 and 5 others like this.
  6. traction

traction Devotee (485) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Society Trader

I would expect something called "El Chapo" to come in much higher than 4%. Anyway, no chance I would buy this but at least his daughter is trying to capitalize on his name legally unlike his sons.

7. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (476) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

The folks deciding to vote with they wallet probably still grab an eight ball on Friday night lol

pinyin, DrumKid003, Shanex and 5 others like this.
  8. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,944) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Too late. (Unauthorized by the family, tho'). Birra Dalla Storia Hitler

[​IMG]

9. HouseofWortship

Trader

Oh geez. The world is a much worse place than I thought....

10. Ranbot

Ranbot Savant (907) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

Alt-right media just found their next big story.

11. rgordon

Chapo will not replace us!

eppCOS, Shanex, beertunes and 3 others like this.
  12. officerbill

officerbill Devotee (452) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Here's an interview with his daughter regarding the El Chapo 701 brand
    https://www.sportswear-internationa...established-norms.-We-are-unpredictable-14831
    “Alejandrina Guzmán Salazar speaks of her father as “the man who taught her good and evil.” Of course, this is irritating when she talks about the man who is called a mass murderer and cold-blooded drug baron in the media.”

Can you understand that some people are offended by the clothing and what it represents?

We need as humans to work more on emotional intelligence and be more tolerant.”

Basically she's tone-deaf

13. rgordon

Amen.....To say the least.

Barettes, Shanex, Ranbot and 2 others like this.
  14. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,167) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Eh I'd be more interested if the beer sounded good. There are lots of beers named after gangsters and whole breweries that celebrate outlaw culture. I suppose this could be a little too soon for some but there's a long standing aspect of celebrating and romanticizing gangster culture.
    And I would try this beer at least once, but again, considering that the description sounds like honey flavored bud light I don't have high expectations. Shoulda added some coca leaf to really rile folks up:wink:

15. JBogan

JBogan Champion (837) Jul 15, 2007 California

Probably tastes like El Crapo. I'll pass.

16. traction

traction Devotee (485) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Society Trader

While I'm not going to defend his daughter I will say that I disapprove of her lifestyle and business choices less than that of her brother who chose to take his fathers spot in the cartel and continue the family business. I hope it goes without saying that I wouldn't buy any merchandise associated with the family but I prefer a tone deaf daughter to a murderous drug trafficking son.

But honestly I don't really expect any of his kids to be normal. You don't grow up to be normal with a monster like that as your father. It's not like she can go out and get some office job with her name because people will always want to murder her due to her familial connections.

17. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,801) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Me realizing I won't ever get the chance to try this:
    [​IMG]

... On the plus side, at least Veil brewing didn't brew this, otherwise it would have been a DIPA brewed with mosaic, citra, eukanot and 4 KILOS OF RAW COCAINE IN THE MASH!!!!!
    [​IMG]

But seriously, this should have been a collaboration with Netflix.

18. rgordon

Organic coca leavened by mannitol to spread the wealth. It's the capitalist way. To the bathroom.

beertunes, Shanex, tzieser and 2 others like this.
  19. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,167) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Now if they can just get that CIA distro deal we could see this in all 50 states!

waltari, Raime, Scrapss and 8 others like this.
  20. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Meyvn (1,034) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Society

:thinking_face::astonished::smile:
    :wink:

Scrapss and Shanex like this.
  21. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,111) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

I can't wait for the "Supermax Florence" series, featuring ingredients they typically use in pruno (toilet bowl prison wine)....ketchup, tomato paste, fruit salad, etc....the creative possibilities are endless!

you can file this one under r/woosh for me :thinking_face::laughing:

EDIT: Ah, now I get it. You're speaking in regards to the Hitler beers. Well played, carry on.

22. Ranbot

Society

The Hitler beers are in the right ball park, but I was referring to the El Chapo beers. I'm sure plenty of tenuous links can be made between the El Chapo beers and the alt-right's existing network of conspiracy theories about foreign and deep-state powers trying to destroy [white] America. It's like their version of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game.

EDIT: you might feel better staying in r/whoosh territory.

23. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,111) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Oh, I didn't see it from that angle. I get ya now. A bunch of fucking hypocritical crybabies, the whole lot.

You can lump some of my leftist 'friends' in there too. My sister-in-law's Canadian boyfriend plays for a Power Violence band that is Anti-Capitalist, Anti-Colonialist, pro-Anarchist. He loves to give you a few Noam Chomsky tidbits to show off how intellectually superior he is (despite not graduating high school, despite misinterpreting/misquoting half of what Chomsky is actually saying). He's the kind of person who watches a few TED Talks on YouTube and then believes he knows everything about everything.

And when he is done lecturing you on the evils of Nationalism, how the Capitalist regime is everything that is wrong with the modern era and how this country sucks donkey balls in general, he will drive his Audi S8 up to South Shore Plaza and drop hundreds of dollars on rare Nike shoes, Gucci sweatshirts and other designer brand (Capitalist) bullshit.

What a funny fucking world we live in. Way to stick it to the man, dude!:rolling_eyes:

#23 tzieser, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  24. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,503) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Have no idea yet how this will taste or anything but personally I’m tired of these gimmicks and even more so the glorification of notorious cartel and criminals.

I enjoyed the Netflix series « Narcos » but still, Pablo was a criminal and nowadays anything is good to make profits over the murderers, terrorists and drug dealers. Bleh.

Hope El Chapo will be rotting in ADX Florence until his death, with “good company” like Jihadis and White Supremacy loonys.

25. Singlefinpin

Singlefinpin Disciple (392) Jul 17, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

Ummm....oh yeah, it's ummmm.....the best beer EVER!

officerbill likes this.
  26. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Aspirant (204) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

F@uck Cartels and their bedfellows in Mexico and the USA. Nothing but poison. It is not funny or open to interpretation.

tzieser, HorseheadsHophead and GOBLIN like this.
  27. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,116) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Well, @FBarber stole what was going to be my adjunct joke about coke, so... boo.
    On the other hand, I will at some point make it a point to visit La Chingoneria (which means, essentially - big fuckery, or "big fucking deal") the next time I'm in el D.F.
    This story was hilarious....I'm sorry.

28. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,035) Sep 15, 2014 New York
    Society

Yikes.

mikeinportc and FBarber like this.
  29. HouseofWortship

Trader

My question is, if the El Chapo beers have an infection issue, is anyone going to be brave enough to ask for a refund?

30. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,116) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Only the Zetas would do this, and they'd simply shoot up the bottle shop where it was purchased.

What - too soon?

mikeinportc and Scrapss like this.
  31. BeerDrinkinGuy

BeerDrinkinGuy Initiate (53) Nov 2, 2018 Minnesota

Doesnt she have enough drug money to not have to work again?

officerbill and HouseofWortship like this.
  32. Ranbot

Society

Organized crime networks usually own a few legit businesses too. :wink:

33. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (362) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Oh, I trust that these beers will be reliably executed.

34. thesherrybomber

thesherrybomber Initiate (154) Jun 13, 2017 California
    Trader

Why?

35. Brewday

Brewday Initiate (150) Dec 25, 2015 New York

It's buy at your own risk so I doubt they'll offer a refund for bottle bombs.

mikeinportc likes this.
  36. Scrapss

Scrapss Savant (931) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

See, what they forgot to mention was that the beer is not the actual main product....it's the vessels they deliver it in. The bottles are made of a coca-based plastic polymer that can be trivially reversed to Pura-Vida™. It is achieved by a reductase reaction that frees the extra radical from the polymer chain via a new, heretofore unknown cartel-developed enzyme called co-enzyme C-Zero-K-Three. The K9's and electronic sniffers don't detect the plastic as anything but regular ol' bottles, making importation over the border trivial and undetectable.

KentT, officerbill and mikeinportc like this.
  37. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Meyvn (1,034) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Society

We (you) paid for their training, so we should be allowed to joke about them, eh?

:grin::grin::grin: :+1:

38. KentT

KentT Aspirant (211) Oct 15, 2008 Tennessee

I can see it now, 4 Key DIPA, That quote on the second picture is making me laugh too hard. Wonder if there will be a Cheech y Chong collaboration using Acapulco Gold, next. This one is the BA quotable of the week. The only IPA ever seized by the DEA.

FBarber likes this.
  39. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Initiate (81) Mar 6, 2014 California
    Trader

For all we know this one off broad will lace the beer being purchased & mark it w/low abv. Fuck that. People that enjoy corona piss should stay on that liquid nonsense instead.

40. KentT

KentT Aspirant (211) Oct 15, 2008 Tennessee

This post is hilarious, the vessels yield treasures of high street value.

Scrapss likes this.