Enjoy By 4-1-13 April Fools. . . .or not.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by dcgunman, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beercanman

beercanman Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2012 Ohio

Got 5 bombers today.

Zhiguli likes this.
  2. oxcitypauze

oxcitypauze Initiate (17) Jan 4, 2013 California

Just cracked my first bottle right now, and definitely agree that the fruity and citrus hop flavors aren't as bright. Other than that, it's still Damn delicious.

3. tyrsis

tyrsis Disciple (320) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I'm just wrapping up a growler and I think it's fantastic.

4. ryno09

ryno09 Initiate (173) May 1, 2010 California

Yep, it's slightly different every batch (they switch up the hops a bit). This batch has less tropical character but it's still damn good, up there with the first batch (and I've had them all).

5. jtmartino

jtmartino Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I'm a whore for tropical IPAs. This batch didn't get me off like the last two.

6. besaunders

besaunders Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2007 California

I had a bottle this evening, and I concur. My least favorite batch so far. It seems like they went for the "funk", but it didn't have the hop bang to balance it. My favorite batch was either the first or the last one (fourth).

jtmartino likes this.
  7. besaunders

besaunders Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2007 California

My local Von's in San Diego had plenty of Enjoy By this evening, for what it's worth. Whole Foods had a bunch, too, both at $5.99. Not hard to find anywhere in San Diego, I think.

8. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Zealot (529) Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

It's the same recipe. Though I hear that it uses whatever hop varietals are available.

So I guess it will vary.

9. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Aspirant (242) Aug 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

its the same recipe

10. tyrsis

tyrsis Disciple (320) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

This is like when people swear that Celebration has spices in it

pinkgrenade likes this.
  11. afrokaze

afrokaze Zealot (579) Jun 12, 2009 Arizona
    Beer Trader

The batches definitely haven't been identical. Didn't like batch 1 at all, batch 3 was incredible but more aromatic, this one is a nice mango/peach and resin/dank balance IMO. I'll be sad once we tap out of it!

12. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aspirant (242) Jul 12, 2012 California

Would that include pavilions ?

Really great beer imo. On my third bomber

13. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Devotee (488) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Not sure on that. He just said vons. But it never hurts to look.

14. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aspirant (242) Jul 12, 2012 California

The batches aren't identical.... There is some hop profile variation....ooh the horror

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.