Ever broken or spilled a great beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DeeBee1, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienSwineFlu

AlienSwineFlu Aspirant (293) Dec 14, 2012 Ohio

When I was about 16 I had my first beer. That was my worst beer mishap to date.

RicheeD likes this.
  2. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Aspirant (224) Apr 23, 2007 Minnesota

I bought a 12 pack of Sam Adams beer once, and as I was leaving the cardboard ripped out of my hand and every bottle shattered.

Ever since the in I've always grabbed from the bottom.

Sean227 likes this.
  3. pixieskid

pixieskid Crusader (787) Jun 4, 2009 Germany

I'd say that's about at shitty as it gets, until I saw the post with the dude whose house burned down...

4. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Meyvn (1,300) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland

A stray thread from my sweater's cuff snagged on the cap of a 4-pack of Wake-N-Bake, of which only one broke. The thread has since been dealt with.

5. lmperialChad

lmperialChad Initiate (91) Nov 19, 2013 Colorado

I was smoking a pork shoulder this past weekend, and I accidentally kicked over a snifter of Bourbon County Brand Stout after spritzing my pork. The snifter shattered and I watched my BCBS pour all over my patio. It was painful, but luckily I had put two bottles in my refrigerator earlier that day, so I was at least able to pour another glass. .

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2012 Iowa

Not crazy rare but hard to get drinking a bomber of Psuedosue at a Halloween party and had the bottle knocked outta my hand by a elbow sucked but grabbed another from my case and now I bitch bc I wasn't pissed when I should have been bc I'm down to my last bottle

RicheeD likes this.
  7. fishmich

fishmich Disciple (365) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

8. Das_Reh

Das_Reh Disciple (333) Mar 25, 2013 Florida

My cousin froze an entire 6 pack of some Fuller's London Porter I had just bought.

RicheeD likes this.
  9. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Poo-Bah (1,888) Oct 31, 2013 Maryland
    Society

While carrying a 750 ml Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw from the cellar. My foot slipped off the step, fell forward and the bottle went tumbling after. I have wooden steps the bottle bounced then hitting the cellar floor shattering. I.O. Problems, I wish there were alcohol insurance that covered Human Imperfection.

RicheeD likes this.
  10. Synergy87

Synergy87 Initiate (153) Jan 21, 2012 Wisconsin

I dropped a bottle of Doom at DLD last year.

gmendez1122, RicheeD and J3KGT like this.
  11. RaggaD

RaggaD Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2013 Florida

So a few weeks ago coming home from Funky Buddha's bottle release of MBCP I decided that I could absolutely carry 4 bottles inside in my highly intoxicated state. Well apparently I could only carry 3 inside safely and my front porch smelled like maple syrup for a week.

It wouldn't of been so bad if I didn't have to hear the old "I told you so" from the wife for a week after

RicheeD likes this.
  12. VitoFerrante

VitoFerrante Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2012 Pennsylvania

I came home from Florida one time and all my clothes ending up selling like one of the finest IPA's in existence. Thank you Spirit Airlines for crushing 2 cans of Jai Lai. D-Bags!!!!!

13. Alex5

Alex5 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2012 South Carolina

A pint glass (Westbrook) full of Weyerbacher Insanity.

14. harsley

harsley Zealot (517) Jun 16, 2005 Massachusetts

A few years ago I smashed a 3 year old Westy 12 when it fell off the shelf on the door of my kegerator. I sucked up what I could without ingesting glass shards....

Hirshi likes this.
  15. JamesShoemaker

JamesShoemaker Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Michigan

Maybe this is off-topic, BUT...

Liz (my girlfriend) and I were looking for Mokah everywhere after I found out it was retired. Some especially generous members of the BA community went hunting for me as well. We found two bottles in central Michigan at a random bottle shop, bought them both, and were planning on drinking one right away and sitting on the other for another six months.

After we drank the first one, my little brother came to visit and drank the other one after we went to sleep one night.

16. Danny1217

Danny1217 Champion (826) Jul 15, 2011 Florida
    Trader

Good news is Jai Alai smells great.

VitoFerrante and TonyJ815 like this.
  17. GeorgiaKiwi

GeorgiaKiwi Disciple (394) Dec 7, 2007 Georgia

You probably heard we had a little bit of snow in Atlanta. The delivery guy was delivering Hopslam to my local store and was holding the case by one handle, slipped and dropped it. Only 2 bottles broke and I still got my 6 pack.

RicheeD likes this.
  18. Hop-Droppen-Roll

Hop-Droppen-Roll Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2013 Minnesota

Hey! Beer snowcone! The best ideas often result from accidents!

RicheeD likes this.
  19. crowellbw

crowellbw Aspirant (261) Dec 1, 2010 Washington

My buddy dropped a full growler of Alpine Pure Hoppiness. I think he considered licking the ground.

20. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2012 Florida

He should be glad he didn't. That's an easy way to get hoporrhea. :grimacing:

21. APBT91

APBT91 Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2013 North Carolina

Not that bad but, a few days ago I had just grabbed a FIS and a glass and sat down on the couch. I placed the bottle on the coffee table, moved to grab the glass and somehow hit the bottle and lost about half of the beer. I was bummed!

22. Duhast500

Duhast500 Meyvn (1,380) Nov 14, 2007 Rhode Island

I had a real hard time getting the cork out of a bottle of Lebleu. I had ended up ripping it piece by piece and finally the bottle cracked. Before I was able to come up with a better coarse of action the top gave way and jumped of the bottle spraying beer. I was able to salvage a glass of this great beer but I had a funky mess to clean up afterward.

23. kwakwhore

kwakwhore Zealot (566) Nov 1, 2004 North Carolina

Dropped a bottle of Rogue chocolate stout as I was moving into my new place. Smelled amazing.

24. Hatfield_223

Hatfield_223 Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2013 Virginia

Once saw a guy at a bar fumble a glass of CBS as the bartender was handing it off to him.

25. Ilovelampandbeer

Ilovelampandbeer Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2013 New York

highly recommend not storing them on shelves in an earthquake prone area...floor!

26. Duhast500

Duhast500 Meyvn (1,380) Nov 14, 2007 Rhode Island

That there is a sin and the penance in one package.

27. Ilovelampandbeer

i would have had to have been put in a mental institution

Spinaltapped likes this.
  28. Whatdyisit

Whatdyisit Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2010 California

I had a growler of Sculpin freeze on me at a hotel in San Diego. I went to grab the screw-top out of the fridge and the thing broke right in the middle. Scuplin slushy soaked the carpet. I wonder what the next visitor thought of the smell!

I had a bottle of Simtra fall out of my RV fridge, shatter and run into the heating ducts on the first day of our trip. I actually enjoyed the smell, just wish I didn't waste the beer!

29. broodog

broodog Initiate (140) Jul 18, 2009 Illinois

Not me personally. But during Dark Lord day 2010, I saw a guy drop an entire case of Dark Lord. Most of the bottles shattered. The crowd erupted in a mix of cheers and jeers. From the look on his face, you'd think he ran over his dog.

gmendez1122 likes this.
  30. fishmich

fishmich Disciple (365) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

it could have been worse, this was my brother in law and he had some coffee and some backyard in a bag and the bag broke but only one bottle of coffee came out.

31. Flibber

Flibber Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 England

I've seen that happen. Admittedly it was just Kronenbourg Red, but still it must be pretty disheartening to spill so much beer.

32. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Devotee (478) Mar 29, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

Before I could get a taste? No. Spilled at all yes. Drunk + mud at dark lord day don't mix

33. Ilovelampandbeer

Just dropped a can of HT on the floor causing a hole!! Since i have work soon i regret to inform BA that i am the first member to drainpour a heady...i give myself solace in the fact that it was a frothy mess anyway

TonyJ815 likes this.
  34. Knee_Deep_Fan

Knee_Deep_Fan Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2013 California

crap, you'd think it was a Monday morning. Wait. It is.
    Pretty sad way to start the week, I've had a couple HT recently, great stuff, never worthy of the drain. It's a sad day people...

35. TonyJ815

TonyJ815 Disciple (378) Apr 3, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Kicked a half glass of Heady Topper across the room the other day. Bell's snifter was in perfect condition. Heady was all over the place, including my ten month old boy.

36. parris

parris Zealot (554) Jan 18, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

I left a Black Ops in my car overnight a few years ago, it ended up freezing and breaking the bottle. It wasn't even supposed to be that cold out..

37. xombii13

xombii13 Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2011 Texas

I dropped an entire case of St. Bernardus 12 once. It felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. Also when you break a St. Bernardus 12 it explodes with a lot of force, makes cleanup a little more widespread.

38. Ilovelampandbeer

jesus...insult to injury

39. 4ingredients

4ingredients Initiate (0) May 22, 2009 Massachusetts

Gift of Magi dropped from my hands late one night.

40. Merle_Allin

Merle_Allin Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2014 Colorado

Dropped a six pack of Jai Alai taking it out of a box I got in trade, one can hit the edge of the fireplace and exploded, I was able to save about 6 ounces and poured it in a pint glass, still delicious

TonyJ815 and Ilovelampandbeer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.