Extreme Beer Fest: Bay Area (2022)

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Todd, Apr 5, 2022.

1. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (4,366) Oct 14, 2009 California
    Society Trader

I’m going to credit this thread with the newfound knowledge that there’s a direct ferry to the Craneway! The ferry is just a beautiful ride in general, and for those visitors looking for a low-cost bay cruise for sightseeing it’s a great alternative. I think it’s also a better deal than BART, in this instance. Win-win!

However, as @F4Phantom points out, service ends before the evening sessions do. For those coming from SF, you’ll be able to take it over there at least (and round trip on the afternoon session).

https://www.craneway.com/the-venues/facility/

This gives a little more details on the transit options. I do not believe it is entirely up to date, though. Helicopter, anyone?

Perhaps it might be helpful to get a sense of who is actually taking public transit (a wise move, given everything) and coordinate from there! I might have missed the note on this so please chime in!

F4Phantom and _pat_ like this.
  2. bauers

bauers Disciple (398) Feb 6, 2011 California
    Society Trader

It will work for the Saturday afternoon session (though a bit late for the early admin.) - first boat from SF leaves at 11:15am and arrives at 11:50; last boat back leaves Richmond at 6:45 and gets back to SF at 7:20. A bit of a wait after the afternoon sessi9on ends before the 5:15 boat. but that gives you time to see the Rosie The Riveter historical park!

F4Phantom likes this.
  3. bauers

bauers Disciple (398) Feb 6, 2011 California
    Society Trader

Depending on how you define "overseas", the Kona or Maui Brewing fests might be easier. :grin:

woodychandler likes this.
  4. F4Phantom

F4Phantom Disciple (369) Dec 30, 2008 Georgia
    Society

Todd, this is likely a question for you. Will we get an email confirmation on our ticket purchase once we order? I picked up some tickets yesterday when the purchase window opened. Unfortunately, I had to switch over to a business Zoom meeting as soon as (I think) completed the purchased and did not take a screen capture of the final page. Usually I'm chill about something like this but I thought it best to have some confirmation of my ticket purchase before I get my plane ticket to the West Coast!

Thanks and I am really looking forward to the Beer Fest to celebrate my retirement this summer!

thuey likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Founder (6,632) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

Confirmation would come from Ticketsauce, but I do see an order under your email.

Thanks for the support!

F4Phantom and bauers like this.
  6. Todd

We've got another 20 or so brewers to confirm, but the brewery lineup is looking awesome so far! Nice blend of previous Extreme Beer Fest brewers, new ones, and regional.

And two OGs have just joined the fest: Firestone Walker and Sierra Nevada. Both have brought it in the past. Really looking forward to what they bring this time. :beers:

7. thuey

thuey Defender (622) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Society

Yeah, I have the same issue. My CC charge went through and everything, but never received the email confirm / tickets. (I think the tix were on the receipt webpage via pdf, but I just assumed I'd get them in an email too so I closed out the window)

8. Todd

https://ticketsauce.com/contact/

"Any time you make a purchase using our platform you will be given an option to print a receipt immediately after purchase, as well as an automatic email with the purchase details, and event information."

Just check event settings and everything looks okay too.

I'll hit up their support, but feel free to reach out to them too.

Check your spam folders too.

9. Todd

Movement Brewing Co. out of Rancho Cordova, California will be throwing down with us!

One of the owners (also a BA) reached out with some thoughts on what they might bring. Perfect fit for the fest!

10. BabaBeer

BabaBeer Defender (694) Oct 1, 2014 California
    Society

I had the same issue. I also selected the option to have the tickets texted to me and did receive that right away.

11. thuey

thuey Defender (622) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Society

Thanks Todd - I reached out to them via the contact URL, and they emailed me my tickets directly as part of the support thread.

On the other hand.. they said they also re-generated the system email w/tickets and that was never received - just like my initial order - nor did it show up in my spam folder. I think something is wrong on their automated email system. So just mentioning this as I'm not the only person who experienced never receiving an email. I may be the only one who never received it twice though :grin:

Todd likes this.
  12. Todd

For those of you who didn't get an email confirmation, the issue has been resolved with Ticketsauce.

Please contact support@event-help.com if you need them resend your tickets.

thuey likes this.