Online Extreme Beer Fest: Cyberspace (2021)

Discussion in 'Beer Events' started by Todd, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (2,195) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

I've dropped Half Time an email to get their thoughts. ~$110 is bit to bet on the come. We'll see what they say.

Jaycase and Todd like this.
  2. OS_Brews_and_Meads

OS_Brews_and_Meads Initiate (11) Jan 13, 2020 Minnesota

I'd love to take you up on this offer. I also live in MN with no one close enough in surrounding states that have zip codes that the ship to.

SherryBChico, finnapat1 and Todd like this.
  3. finnapat1

finnapat1 Initiate (79) Mar 4, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Be happy to help. Message me for details If you decide to move forward.

4. OS_Brews_and_Meads

OS_Brews_and_Meads Initiate (11) Jan 13, 2020 Minnesota

Keep us posted on what they come back and say. Hopefully they say it will arrive a week or so early.

5. MNAle

Society

OK. No reply so far.

OS_Brews_and_Meads likes this.
  6. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (2,056) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

So @Todd, just saw you I Miss Beer Fest post, and if you get a good response for this I would be in for a Belgian box also, or shit anything else along the same lines. I know it doesn't generate the $$ around the board like a real festival does, but it is something different.

SherryBChico, Todd and FBarber like this.
  7. Todd

Todd Founder (6,504) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

I'm already working on the next two events.

8. Todd

Update: We've already past the 50% sold mark; definitely on track to sell out. Thanks again to everyone for your support!

JamesFlames, mrracin, benvd6 and 9 others like this.
  9. kmthulin1

kmthulin1 Initiate (5) Sep 15, 2020 Michigan

I live in Michigan am I out of luck joining in on the Virtual Beer Fest?

10. Todd

Half Time currently doesn't ship to Michigan, but there's nothing stopping you from having it delivered to a friend in a nearby eligible state.

https://halftimebeverage.com/maximize-your-shipping

11. Todd

Update: I just posted Dogfish Head's beers.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/extreme/

Olde School Barleywine; 12oz bottle; 15%; Fermented with dates and figs, this smooth Barleywine has a unique flavor and is a great candidate for aging. Exclusive for the fest, these bottles were pulled from Sam’s Stash and go as far back as 2007. Which vintage will you receive?

Bonus beer from Dogfish Head:

Hazy-O! IPA; 12oz can; 7.1%; Starts with literally truckloads of oats and wheat for a full body, then it’s liberally dry-hopped to deliver juicy tropical notes of citrus, mango and pineapple. This Hazy IPA uses four types of oats including oat milk to amplify the haze and mouthfeel for a beer that is incredibly juicy and hop-forward while being smooth and refreshing. Be one of the first in the nation to try this beer!

Looking forward to exploring both of these beers with Sam and thousands of you!

So that brings us to eleven (11) beers now with roughly 157 ounces of beer or 78.5 two-ounce fest-sized samples; the average BA fest attendee consumes around 28 fest samples during a 3.5 hour session.

SherryBChico, Rug, ctninh and 10 others like this.
  12. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (3,703) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Probably too late to cuvee them together in a Utopias barrel, huh? Still sounds awesome.

Todd, FBarber and finnapat1 like this.
  13. SamCalagione

SamCalagione Initiate (113) Feb 22, 2004 Delaware

Stoked for EBF Cyberspace! Thanks @Todd for sharing the Dogfish Head beer lineup for the big event. I'm really looking forward to trying all the beers, walking the virtual fest hall, and visiting the breweries with you and other buddies who'll be in attendance.

We chose Hazy-O! as one of the beers to share as a recent innovation that we're super proud of that'll be available nationally soon after EBF. We want EBF guests to be among the first to try it. We also wanted to include one of our “old school” innovations and Olde School Barleywine is one of our highest rated beers on BA. It ages really well and we pulled a few of our sensory team's favorite vintages from our cellar going back as far as 2007 just for EBF.

Cheers!

Sam

14. finnapat1

finnapat1 Initiate (79) Mar 4, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Hey Sam! Looking forward to trying both. Thanks for throwing an extra beer in the package for fun!! Should be a great time!
    Cheers!
    Patrick

FBarber and Todd like this.
  15. gueuzegeek

gueuzegeek Disciple (302) Aug 11, 2003 New Jersey

Sadly, not my kinds of beer overall. I suck!!

16. Todd

Nah. You don't suck. Extreme Beer Fest simply isn't for everyone.

Perhaps the theme of the next one will pique your interest.

17. traction

traction Devotee (466) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

Todd, you are the best admin of any board I'm on and I've been on boards since 96 or so. You are always nice to people and even the few times you removed my posts or had too respond to some random PM I sent you were always super-professional. I am going to meet you one day when the fests are back. You are real, honest, and don't BS and it is harder and harder to find people like that nowadays.

Thanks man.

18. Todd

Heads up! I'll be fleeting live at Indie Brewing Co. tomorrow with @BEERTHUGLIFE and @CROWNSandHOPS for our fest collaboration beer!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/extreme/

F2020X3; 16oz can; 10.5%; This Triple Dry-Hopped West Coast Triple Black IPA is an exclusive collaboration between BeerAdvocate, BeerThugLife, and Crowns & Hops; brewed at Indie Brewing Co. in Los Angeles, Calif. for Extreme Beer Fest: Cyberspace (2021).

Follow @BeerAdvocate and @ToddAlstrom on Twitter. (Fleets are currently in-app only.)

19. Grackos

Grackos Disciple (338) Sep 6, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Can't wait.

finnapat1 and Todd like this.
  20. mrracin

mrracin Disciple (356) Jul 4, 2009 New York
    Society

This sounds awesome! I can't wait for my beers to arrive. Thanks Sam for the extra!
    Cheers

Todd likes this.
  21. OU-CXpunch-DP

OU-CXpunch-DP Aspirant (275) Nov 17, 2015 Oklahoma
    Society

Purchased two on Friday. One for me (Oklahoma - thanks to new, modern laws) and one for my son (Arizona) as a birthday gift. His birthday is in February so this will be a great way for us to virtually do our traditional birthday pub crawl! Looking forward to this!

22. Todd

We've been working with the team at Half Time and we now have limited availability for international shipping. Please note that there will be an increase in cost due to increased shipping costs. If you're interested in learning more and potentially placing an order, please drop me a note.

SherryBChico, FBarber and thebeers like this.
  23. glennberg

glennberg Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2015 Minnesota

I am trying to place an order but maybe you do not ship to Minnesota. Thanks

24. MNAle

Society

They don't. Sadly. Also, Half Time has not responded to my query asking if they could ship a box early to another state so it could be re-shipped to me.

25. Todd

Correct. They don't ship to Minnesota at this time. Here's the link of where they ship from the fest FAQ: https://halftimebeverage.com/maximize-your-shipping

26. Todd

I just brought this to their attention.

FBarber, Jaycase and MNAle like this.
  27. Todd

Floored by the support. Over 2,000 people have already purchased the Extreme Beer Fest: Cyberspace package! Can’t wait to try the box of beers with all of you in February!

And there’s still time to join us! Deadline to purchase is Saturday, Jan 9, but we're on track to sell out before that. https://www.beeradvocate.com/extreme/

28. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (953) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Finally got around to signing up for this one. Better late than never.

Looking for to it. Nice line up of Breweries and Beers.

FBarber and Todd like this.
  29. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (1,890) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

After seeing what GABF did it seems you actually put together what an online beerfest should look like @Todd. I love gabf but wasn't dropping that much coin for a shirt and some zoom meetings. Kudos.

Britt, FBarber and Todd like this.
  30. Todd

Thanks for the support! It's going to be fun.
    Thanks. We've got a kickass events team and partners to help make it happen. And I love GABF too, but you can't host a beer fest without beer.

31. Pshaffer

Pshaffer Initiate (28) Sep 16, 2018 Indiana

We are looking forward to this, maybe one of the other participating breweries will want to throw in a 12th beer??, you know to keep things balanced out, 6 for each day of the fest! With the bonus beer added by Dogfish Head (Thanks :sunglasses:), I hate to be unbalanced :wink:

SherryBChico likes this.
  32. Todd

I'd love to add another brewer, but an addition this late in the game would result in a very significant cost that wasn't budgeted for; resulting in a loss.

I'm sure you can manage an extra beer on the Saturday. :wink:

33. SteveS12

SteveS12 Initiate (37) Jan 1, 2015 Texas

The Half Time website won't let me check out with my Extreme Beer Fest purchase. So bummed. :-(

34. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (3,703) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Assuming they ship to your location...

If you’re ordering from a cell phone, try holding it landscape or switching to a computer. Those seemed to work for people who had problems before. There was some stupid box you had to check before ordering that wasn’t visible otherwise.

Todd likes this.
  35. Pshaffer

Pshaffer Initiate (28) Sep 16, 2018 Indiana

Yeah, I will have to hide something on the bottom shelf of the fridge behind Brussel Sprouts

SherryBChico likes this.
  36. belgiumking

belgiumking Initiate (47) Aug 10, 2004 Florida

Or get a P.O. Box in North Florida...

37. MNAle

Society

I doubt they will ship to a PO box. I actually checked on the cost of a UPS box in Hudson, WI. Unlike a PO box, the UPS box has a normal street address and people to sign for the package. But, it was cost prohibitive. They require a 3 month minimum contract plus a sign up fee and then ~$100 per month, IIRC.

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  38. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Poo-Bah (4,126) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Well, I jumped in! Bought a box for me and for my brothers in Pennsylvania. Hoping the online component can allow for some connectivity with participants as well as presenters/brewers. Looking forward to this event. Thank you for coordinating @Todd !

Todd likes this.
  39. Todd

Thanks for the support! We do plan on at the very least taking questions for attendees.

sulldaddy likes this.
  40. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,230) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Todd, for the states that are not shippable, is that mostly based on some sort of state regulation that would need to change?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.