Favorite Beer Season

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SteveB24, Jun 30, 2014.

?

Favorite Beer Season

1. Winter

64 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Spring

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Summer

21 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Fall

89 vote(s)
    48.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SINKTIPS_N_SUDS

SINKTIPS_N_SUDS Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2014 Ohio

I find that the time between about 12:01 am on jan 1 to around midnight or so on dec 31 to be prime beer drinking season.

StLeasy likes this.
  2. imfatsowhat

imfatsowhat Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2013 California

I'm in Los Angeles, and there's only one season here NUF Said:wink:

3. LankFreudRyte

LankFreudRyte Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2008 Illinois

24/7, 365. I don't drink on February 29, during leap years. A person needs to take a break sometime.

4. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,131) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey

It's been easy to find this year. I even got some at Wegmans while food shopping today. Good luck. On the subject, have you tried Carton's Harvest 2014 yet? That's wet hopped. I haven't gotten to try it yet.

5. JFrankParnell

JFrankParnell Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2009 Washington

Easy. The season when Ruin Ten and Stone IRS are on the shelf at the same time.

6. Beef_Curtains

Beef_Curtains Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2013 Ohio

Winter-Spring. I love me some DIPAS.

7. beeragent

beeragent Meyvn (1,057) Aug 16, 2005 Texas

Fall. The weather is prime for drinking, and the huge assortment of pumpkin ales and Oktoberfest keep it exciting!

8. dexterk1

dexterk1 Champion (897) May 29, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Personally, I love summer beers. Late fall is a pretty good time too. The two offer a good style/flavor contrast.

9. Dachs

Dachs Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Ohio

For me, its fall. I love Oktoberfest beers and Oktoberfest in general. As an American of German heritage, I think its a law that Im required to love Oktoberfest.

10. SDRedDevil

SDRedDevil Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2011 California

Honestly its any season I can get a good IPA and don't have to deal with Pumpkin/Oktoberfest offerings...

It also doesn't help that we have 10 months of summer and 2 months of spring here....

11. Redneckwine

Redneckwine Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2013 Washington

Had to choose fall: between Oktoberfest beers and fresh IPA's, it's an easy choice.

Honorable mention goes to Summer - I love me some cold Pils and other lighter beers when it's roasting outside.

12. Genuine

Genuine Devotee (442) May 7, 2009 Connecticut

It's definitely the fall and winter months for me. Summer is great, I have my fair share of beers of the lighter affair however the new releases that are fall and winter are what I look forward to. I've had plenty pumpkin ales this year. Once I'm finished what I have in my stock, I won't be getting more till next year. Bring on celebration, Bigfoot, narwhal,

13. BeerWizard

BeerWizard Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2012 Colorado

Fucking fall beers. Oktoberfests and pumpkin ales. Is there some other season I should know about?

Dachs likes this.
  14. Smileitsfreetobehappy

Smileitsfreetobehappy Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2014 Alaska

mmm winter warmers are callin' my name :grinning:

15. alucard6679

alucard6679 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

Overall I'd say its a tie between summer and fall but winter is great too. Spring is.....meh....

16. Lucular

Lucular Poo-Bah (3,313) Jun 20, 2014 Maryland
    Society Trader

Whatever season it happens to be now.

17. horsehockey

horsehockey Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2014 Illinois

Every season seems to bring some variety. Spring and summer are great for Saisons and lighter Belgian beers. During the winter months you can't beat an imperial stout or a barleywine. I welcome the seasonal changes.

Dachs likes this.
  18. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Colorado

Fall. Still have some beers left from the summer and there are so many great seasonal releases. And the mrs. and I usually take a trip in the fall and I always bring beer home. And the added plus for me - the weather is cooler and more to my liking for beer drinking.

Dachs likes this.
  19. Thirstygoat

Thirstygoat Defender (620) Nov 22, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Barleywine Season

20. Lonestar9

Lonestar9 Initiate (170) Apr 27, 2008 South Carolina
    Trader

It's now...fall time. I enjoy beer year round but pumpkin and Oktoberfest are my favorites.

21. NickyPogs

NickyPogs Devotee (483) Aug 11, 2012 Illinois

Just like real seasons, the beauty of beer seasons is that is gives you a nice break from the things you've been drinking and will allow you to change things up a bit. Although, I'll still drink a 12% stout on a 90 degree July day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.