Favorite Beer Travelers on Instagram?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SundayMorninCominDown, Feb 17, 2017.

1. SundayMorninCominDown

SundayMorninCominDown Initiate (135) Aug 4, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

It seems like there are countless accounts that post pics of the whales they're drinking at home, but I was curious about everyone's favorite accounts that go tour breweries and share good stories or write-ups about their experiences.

2. Harrison8

Harrison8 Meyvn (1,266) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I follow beernotes on Instagram. I just think it's fun to look at their note taking. They do it by hand, and place the bottle label in a notebook as a complete reminder of the experience. It's not necessarily traveling, but it isn't a whale measuring contest.

bluejacket74 likes this.
  3. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk Devotee (457) Jun 5, 2014 Massachusetts

The only person I follow is @herewithbeer She drinks some great beers and is as lovely a woman as I think I have seen anywhere. She seems really cool too.

4. dwagner003

dwagner003 Poo-Bah (1,583) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Me. My pictures are great.

5. bluejacket74

bluejacket74 Poo-Bah (3,881) Jul 4, 2005 Ohio
    Subscriber

On Instagram for the people I don't think are on BA, I like garnet_heart_ a lot for different brewery visits, and lightlybiased for beer reviews (she does have an account on RB). In general, it seems like for the most part the people I follow on Instagram and Twitter aren't on BA (with some exceptions).

6. Oktoberfiesta

Oktoberfiesta Aspirant (259) Nov 16, 2013 New Mexico
    Beer Trader

Slightly unrelated. I saw this fellow at a local brewery last year with his little notebook writing what seemed like 5 paragraphs of notes on what he was drinking.. Better he than I, I'm usually a 3 sentence type of guy. I'd love to see what he had to say about the same beers i was drinking. I had three in the time that he had 1. I like beer. I love beer. I smell it. I get some initial impressions and then move on.

Then theres the type that travels 1000 miles to visit the "#1" brewery in NM who I have seen pretty much milk 8 samples of beers for a two hour span. Better them than I to basically discuss the beer more than actually consume it. You do what makes you happy I presume. I do get brewery crawling at 5-6 stops/day or more. But the waste is immense. I know many breweries who had the hassle of pouring sample paddles because its just not worth it far too often. I guess thats for another thread.

I get one wanting to soak in the atmosphere and beer and all that travel into a worthwhile experience. But I have yet to see one on IG thats worthwhile.

I do hope beer travelers have DDs.

7. bayareahustla

bayareahustla Aspirant (206) Jul 13, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

awe, shes from my city. followed.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe