Favorite Colorado IPAs?

Discussion in 'US - West' started by hoppytobehere, Aug 31, 2013.

1. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (1,950) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

Weldwerks skip pass is tasty cakes ijs

2. bufante

bufante Aspirant (260) Jun 28, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Stopped into Knotted Roots today, great IPAs! They had two doubles on tap that were fantastic.

Small world moment was me running into the head brewer of Toppling Goliath there, mentioned a collab possibly. Would love to see that!

3. dauss

dauss Zealot (588) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado

Today Comrade is tapping More Dodge Less RAM, GABF® Gold Medal winning American-Style IPA

SFACRKnight and ManBearPat like this.
  4. dcgunman

dcgunman Meyvn (1,285) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Society Trader

This. Myrcenary DIPA. Still delicious.

barneyrubble likes this.
  5. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,352) Sep 15, 2014 Colorado
    Society

So far TRVE and Westbound & Down make my favorite IPAs here--as far as hazies go, Outer Range wins by a longshot.

Ponzu4u and SFACRKnight like this.
  6. clusterfolk

clusterfolk Initiate (89) Jun 20, 2014 Colorado

Reviving the GOAT thread... Really digging this throwback red IPA from Telluride, San Juan Skyhop. Definitely old school but still somewhat light and crisp compared to older examples. Still nice on a winter day. Plus absolutely killer can art.

Domingo and SFACRKnight like this.
  7. SFACRKnight

Society Trader

Not gonna lie, I miss odell Red and avery hog heaven. And Sierra Nevada flipside as well. Those red ipas were fire. Gonna have to find this one.

clusterfolk likes this.
  8. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,352) Sep 15, 2014 Colorado
    Society

LITTLE. MACHINE.

If you love super dry, crisp, modern West Coast style IPAs, this brewery will knock your socks off. I visited the brewery about a month ago and wanted to drink myself under the table. Couldn't get enough of the stuff. They're on par with some of the new-school IPAs in California these days.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  9. clusterfolk

clusterfolk Initiate (89) Jun 20, 2014 Colorado

SFACRKnight likes this.
  10. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,736) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Feels like both red and black IPA's have made a bit of a comeback...but not in bottles/cans. I've run into a pile of good ones (Comrade, S26, B&B, Dry Dock, Launch Pad, TRVE, etc.) but almost none of those get packaged. I think TRVE's Black Cascade is the only one that has.

The best one in all the land, Marble Red, seems to be totally missing from CO shelves, too. They definitely can it and we're definitely in Marble's distro area, but I've never seen it up here.

SFACRKnight and Bitterbill like this.
  11. SFACRKnight

Society Trader

I hadn't seen marble for YEARS on shelves and ran into some this weekend.

Bitterbill and Domingo like this.
  12. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,736) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

They pulled out of our market for 6-7 year but re-entered a year or so ago. The weird thing is that I don't ever see anything I actually want from them. Marble IPA and Red are absolutely amazing, but I don't think we get either of those. Feels like all I ever see if Double White and whatever seasonal they have at the moment. Admittedly there aren't a ton of big witbiers on shelves, but that's not something I normally want, either.

Bitterbill and SFACRKnight like this.
  13. SFACRKnight

Society Trader

I used to buy the crap out of bombers of red when we got them. What a great beer.

Bitterbill likes this.
  14. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Zealot (524) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Grabbed some Desert Fog a few months ago… it was about 3 months from canning (didn’t notice until I got home), but it was delightful.

When I first moved to Colorado at the end of 2006, I immediately loved Marble, Odell, and Deschutes, as they were new to me and delicious… turns out that’s still the case :slight_smile:

Bitterbill likes this.
  15. travis224

travis224 Initiate (194) Jul 24, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

Favorite new beer of the year so far is OMF, Weldwerks, and Firestone Walker WC pale ale Knock the Froth Off. Tasty old school pale ale. Highly recommend.

clusterfolk and Bitterbill like this.