Release Firestone Walker - Bretta Rose (Wild Ale w/ Raspberries)

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by BottleCaps80, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Zealot (594) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

Here we go – the 3rd bottled release from Firestone Walker’s Barrelworks facility is slated to drop on Saturday, May 17 at 12pm. Bretta Rosé is a wild ale fermented with raspberries in French oak barrels for 6 months, finishing up at 5.3% ABV. Expect live music, a taco truck and all the barrel-aged beer you can handle during the event.
    The details:
    • $13.99 + tax & CRV per bottle
    • Limit 6 bottles per person
    • 500 cases available
    • Bottles of Lil Opal will also be available

dianimal, 2beerdogs, mike312 and 3 others like this.
  2. Aaronkv

Aaronkv Aspirant (230) Jul 9, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Stickee Monkee will also be available the same day.

3. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Meyvn (1,250) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Are they distributing Lil Opal (the second one) or this one? I'm assuming they aren't. Can't wait for Stickee Monkee.

4. JasonR1975

JasonR1975 Defender (643) Jun 11, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Between Barrelworks, Almanac, and Noble, my beer budget is getting completely shit on sending beers coast to coast...

5. KevSal

KevSal Savant (940) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

dang i wont be able to make this. this beer sounds delicious
    best news ive heard all week!

tylerstravis likes this.
  6. PG2G

PG2G Devotee (485) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

None of the barrelworks releases are being distributed

7. neurobot01

neurobot01 Defender (684) Jan 25, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Anyone know if Feral One is still available (i.e., might be available during this release)?

8. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (12,136) Mar 18, 2010 California

Road trip time.

@neurobot01 - I heard it's all sold out.

kerry4porters likes this.
  9. neurobot01

Beer Trader

Figured... oh well, this new one sounds awesome. Maybe I'll see you there!

10. SilverFalcon

SilverFalcon Initiate (148) Dec 7, 2013 Alabama
    Beer Trader

looking for a couple of bottles of this. If anyone has a couple for trade I will have all the wicked weed bottles and newest releases from them :slight_smile:

AlienSwineFlu likes this.
  11. neurobot01

Beer Trader

For people who've been to other Barrelworks release events, what should I expect? In particular, wondering whether I should bring along some casual beer drinking friends—the sort who, if it's anything like, say, Huna day, will be pissed that I dragged them to a shitshow (they like beer, but not enough to risk life and limb over). I'm guessing it'll be a lot more relaxed than that, but just curious. Thanks!

12. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Aspirant (299) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Ha and we got a guy from Iowa announcing the Firestone release. Does anyone here not find that awesome?

charlzm likes this.
  13. BennyBeer04

BennyBeer04 Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2009 Massachusetts

It is not still available, according to Jeffers Richardson who runs Barrelworks.

14. tarheels4life23

tarheels4life23 Aspirant (245) Feb 28, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

15. charlzm

charlzm Poo-Bah (2,215) Sep 3, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

Wicked Weed bottles? Oh, dear... Need some Feral One? I'm looking for some Black Angel Cherry Sour.

Quickicks likes this.
  16. charlzm

charlzm Poo-Bah (2,215) Sep 3, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

The Feral One release was smooth, but the line to get in formed at about 7:00 am. Come early, bring a chair.

17. kerry4porters

kerry4porters Zealot (587) Dec 31, 2012 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Does anyone know if pets are ok at this event making the trip with my dogs and gf dont wanna have to leave them in the car

18. PG2G

Beer Trader

Yeah but Feral One was a big event. I doubt the Lil Opal was anything like that and I doubt this one will be either.

19. KS1297

KS1297 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2013 Wisconsin

i love tacos with my raspberry beer

dianimal and BergBeer like this.
  20. J-Pro

J-Pro Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Still available last time I seen

21. bobosa911

bobosa911 Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2013 California

The Lil Opal release was relaxed. I showed up at around 12:30 and there were roughly 50 people there. 5 minute wait in line then no hassles. Lil Opal didn't really have anything special there -- no live music or taco trucks. I expect this one to be somewhere in the middle. I expect Stickee Monkee to be more popular than the sour. At the Feral One release their Parabola sold out before Feral One did

22. 64vdub

64vdub Aspirant (265) Feb 20, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

It says that there are 782 cases available on the label. Hmmm....

23. MarcWP

MarcWP Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2012 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Anyone wanting to trade a bottle or two of this hit me up. Have KBS, Black Note, BCBCS multiples, Hibernal Dichotomous, Rose De Gambrinus, Sucre variants (pre), Encendia (pre), others.

24. prsncop

prsncop Initiate (185) Dec 13, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I'm picking some up next Monday. Hit me up and we can work out a trade.

25. 64vdub

Beer Trader

I'm headed up for sure. Luckily I'm only 2hrs away.

26. neurobot01

Beer Trader

Hey, if anyone is headed to this release and has access to Clown Shoes Billionaire, maybe we could set something up...

27. Five_Four_Plus

Five_Four_Plus Initiate (167) Feb 17, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Indeed. I was at BW today and was told to expect a big to-do. Taco Trucks, new beers on tap, and (as aaronkv said) Stickee Monkee getting released at the same time. Sadly, I won't be in town to see it with mine own eyes, but hopefully the GF will make it.

dianimal and PG2G like this.
  28. Five_Four_Plus

Five_Four_Plus Initiate (167) Feb 17, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Not to further stir the pot here, but I'm told that one of the aforementioned on-tap releases will be ZinSkin. Should be a good time.

29. PG2G

Beer Trader

Dont know what that is, but you're making me want to go. Hopefully I can fix my car problems by then lol

30. TBCHopscotch032

TBCHopscotch032 Initiate (97) Feb 6, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Anyone know the production numbers and what the limit will be on Stickee Monkee?

31. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Crusader (717) Jan 27, 2013 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Man, would I like to try this! Congrats to those who can! :slight_smile:

32. grze

grze Devotee (456) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada
    Beer Trader

What is it? I saw it there http://www.firestonebeer.com/barrelworks/on-tap.php but there is no info at all

I don't think there will be any limits. Some liquor stores already got them...

dianimal likes this.
  33. 64vdub

Beer Trader

34. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Devotee (443) Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Lil Opal was distributed. It's on the shelves at a local store as of yesterday. Hopefully all of them get some distro.

35. 64vdub

Beer Trader

I think it depends on how they sell at the release and soon after...they still had lots of lil opal today at the release. I wouldn't count on Bretta being in distro....they had a big turnout today, I bet they sold 150 cases by 1:30 and then they are having a release day in Paso Robles on Monday.

36. grze

grze Devotee (456) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada
    Beer Trader

Overall very smooth release. My only complain would be: what was the point of a totally separate line for cases purchases if then you could still purchase other bottles (including Bretta though!) inside the bar, which made the wait to get a few tasters of around 1h...That was quite disappointing. There should be a separate line for draft only in my opinion. At least till everyone gets their beer drink, to actually have something to do. Otherwise I'm sure there were people like me who spent:
    - 1h in the cases-purchase line
    - 1h in the bar line
    - 15 minutes on drinking a bunch of tasters :wink:
    Overall, I was happy to finally see Barrelworks and I will definitely be back!

37. neurobot01

Beer Trader

Yeah, I'm not too proud to admit that is almost exactly what I did. Might've been more than an hour in each, actually. Of course, I didn't actually buy any cases—I figured out before I made it to that point that I was in the case-ONLY line (and I didn't want a whole case of either beer). Don't know if I'll go for a release day again, since they'll surely have much shorter waits tomorrow, still have SM/BR—what's the downside, no overpriced tacos?

38. JayPeso

JayPeso Aspirant (286) Oct 25, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I personally liked it better when they sold the bottles online and I just showed them my ticket after I was done drinking. Didn't have to worry about showing up and being shut out since I already pre-purchased. Even the Feral One release went smoother since they had employees ring us up on their iPads while everyone was still waiting for the doors to open. I spent more time in line than anticipated, but I was able to get all the bottles I wanted. Didn't deter me from any future Barrelworks releases at all.

Original_Fake likes this.
  39. 64vdub

Beer Trader

Yeah, I got what I wanted ( I was stoked the Bretta limit was 12, not 6) but I was bummed about the tap line...I also wanted to pick up a few shirts and a glass...but it was the same line as the tap line!!! Forget that, I just placed my swag order online.

I'll be there for the next one too, but I hope they kinda think it through a little more. To start, more than 2 POS systems, more than 2 guys behind the bar pouring and a seperate line for merch. It was cool Adam Firestone had them let us in a bit early. If you read this Adam, we appreciate it!

Any who, the Bretta is amazing so my short memory will have me go back for the next release :slight_smile:. Cheers.

40. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Aspirant (284) Nov 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Agreed on the Feral One release. Then again, that was a bit different with the party and open tastings/food. Still, I would have rather paid for my bottles up front yesterday so I didn't have to worry about either carrying a case around with me or dropping it off at my car and then coming back to stand in the long line to get pours. I'm sure things will get smoother as these things happen more often. Someone mentioned in another thread that they weren't anticipating that many people yesterday and that could certainly explain things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.