Firestone Walker Parabajava Release - Black Friday

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by breadwinner, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyCarter

AndyCarter (0) Feb 23, 2012 California

Mules and buying allocations from people that did not want all four.

64vdub likes this.
  2. 64vdub

64vdub (0) Feb 20, 2014 California
    Trader

Ahh...wow.

I will say that everytime I've been to a Barrelworks release (8 or so) that the same group of guys are trying to buy beer, or ask if we're maxing out. I ignore them...although one time I wittingly and loudly said: "I was going to ask you the same question" They cowered away. Scum

jemwilson and jrnyc like this.
  3. BeerSamurai34

BeerSamurai34 (0) Jan 23, 2015 Texas

Well, I personally messaged him because he said he wanted to unload some, and I offered him a trade. He immediately shut me down and said he only wanted cash to recoup his $1300 investment. That comment seems to confirm that he was able to purchase way more than his allotment. Then I offered him DOUBLE the price to get it done, and he refused and rudely told me that he was getting offers for $80 and was planning on selling all the bottles for $100 each.

I don’t believe anyone offered him $80 because he got crucified when someone finally called him out on it. Instead of staying quiet or being respectful, he was a major dick to everyone by telling them to eff themselves, etc. I know he had his wife and a friend with him so he could get 12, but it sounds like he went through the line multiple times and talked others in line into getting extra bottles for him. I am not totally sure how he got so many. FW has been alerted so they are on the lookout for this guy now.

Even if he obtained the 54 bottles by using enough mules, he is terrible selfish individual. That is one thing, but then trying to sell the bottles for 4 or 5 times their value to make a major profit is both illegal and immoral. I personally hope FW and other breweries ban him. He posted a similar picture of the Zinskin release.

4. bulletrain76

bulletrain76 (0) Nov 6, 2007 California

Should have been 6,000 but I don't know what the actual yield was. I didn't even get a bottle and I made the thing. I'll check in tomorrow morning and see what the situation is but I would expect any remaining bottles to be held for future special events.

beermeplz, Jaycase and neurobot01 like this.
  5. neurobot01

neurobot01 (0) Jan 25, 2014 California

You, sir, are my hero.

6. BeerSamurai34

Agree..... FW puts out amazing stuff and anyone who made Parabjava deserves a medal...... Hopefully I can find a non-selfish trader so I can try it.

Cheers!

7. evilcatfish

evilcatfish (0) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Doesn't this belong in the regional forums?

8. AleHunter805

AleHunter805 (0) Mar 14, 2014 California

No. This thread is in regards to a Beer Release. I believe it is in the correct forum.

9. beernuts

beernuts (0) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia

Its a brewery only release though, they go in the regional forum.

10. evilcatfish

evilcatfish (0) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

A California brewery only beer release goes in the regional forum. Otherwise, the main beer release forum would be a mess

11. AleHunter805

Oh, I see what you mean now. My bad.

12. mitchgx

mitchgx (0) Aug 7, 2005 Arizona
    Society

It's interesting to read the Buellton reports; sounds like a sh*tshow compared to Paso. My wife and I just happened to be in Paso Robles for the weekend on vacation and found out about the Parabajava release as we were driving there Wednesday afternoon. I thought, "cool, we'll have to check it out and get some if it's not too crazy.". We got there at about 9:40am (they were going on sale at 10am)...about 30 people in line. By 10:30 we were walking out with our beer. Very painless and talked to some nice people in line.

We got 4 bottles. 1 to drink soon, a couple to lay down, and 1 to possibly trade. I don't have the time or inclination for what some people go through to get larger quantities.

Johnnywood likes this.
  13. BeerSamurai34

And it sounds like you aren't a major douchebag like Neil Statler. After what he did and has been doing, I am hoping to get word out so he is banned from every major brewery release and trading sites like this one. We don't need trash like that in our community.

Cheers to you! Hope you enjoy that Parabajava. It sounds awesome so I guess I am going to have to find someone to trade with.

jrnyc likes this.
  14. Zekenyce

Zekenyce (688) Jan 18, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Neil Statler is a major douchebag. That guy has tried to sell me bottles for 5x the price. He runs his business through BA and other sites. He needs to be banned from BA.

BeerSamurai34 likes this.
  15. KyleDavis

KyleDavis (0) Aug 20, 2015 Ohio

Bottles were still available at the Paso brewery yesterday. A friend traveling picked up one for himself and one for me. I'm stoked to get my hands on one. One! No one needs 54.

16. BeerSamurai34

I could not agree more. I hope some of the mods catch wind of this and drop the ban hammer. Lots of FB beer groups have already banned him, and he has been reported to Firestone Walker.

17. AleHunter805

Him and his wife were getting so much hate on Facebook that they both deleted their accounts.

Javier2000 and BeerSamurai34 like this.
  18. SoCaliC8

SoCaliC8 (0) Jan 28, 2010 Idaho

Sorry to bump this but I'm crazy curious. I just saw a bunch of talk about this on Facebook....

19. stevoj

stevoj (1,547) Nov 22, 2011 Idaho
    Society

had some last night at a bottle share. Absolutely heavenly....:grinning:

SoCaliC8 likes this.
  20. Zorro

Zorro (0) Dec 25, 2003 California
    Society

Didn't bother.

Stupid to waste that day standing in line for maybe one beer. And MORE likely no beer.

21. Bills0234

Bills0234 (0) Feb 9, 2015 New York

Thought I read somewhere that this was getting national distribution this year, but can't find it anywhere now. Can someone confirm?

22. shnsajax

shnsajax (0) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho

Its not on the release calendar so I don't think it is. I don't remember ever hearing it would be either.

23. raynmoon

raynmoon (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

It was released a month ago, still just brewery only.

24. Bills0234

Bills0234 (0) Feb 9, 2015 New York

Thanks guys , must of imagined it haha. Maybe one day it can make it to buffalo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.