Firestone Walker Stickee Monkee-May 27th

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by chitownfanatic21, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chitownfanatic21

chitownfanatic21 Pundit (792) Sep 25, 2016 Wyoming
    Trader

2. gr8dj00

gr8dj00 Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2015 California

Can't wait. I enjoy it just as much as parabola.

BWood likes this.
  3. BWood

BWood Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2015 California

One of my favorites. Love living in CA. I'll get at least a case. Was at total wine yesterday. Still 4 cases of parabola on the shelves.

4. gclaw4444

gclaw4444 Zealot (554) Jul 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Be sure to post pictures to this thread, I know people love seeing how much of this you can buy judging by the parabola thread.

Also, I agree, i might actually like it more than parabola even though I'm a stout person. I wish i had the money/availability last year to buy some to cellar.

SammyJaxxxx, ECOBOOSTINST and BWood like this.
  5. BWood

I wonder if those same people judge the north east guys who take big hauls of weekly tree house cans.

Brolo75 and Harrison8 like this.
  6. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,176) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Wow, I love this beer. I wish I could get it in Arkansas.

7. ernh

ernh Savant (1,155) Jun 10, 2012 California

Love that Stickee Monkee. Parabola is great, but with so many BBA Stouts I think folks are getting maxed out. BBA Quad is super tasty and still a bit more unique. If you're in Norcal keep your eye out for Fort Point's Moon Phase too. $14-ish for a bomber and solid for the style.

dixoncider2323 and BWood like this.
  8. Harrison8

Harrison8 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,609) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I judge both, because I'm jealous of both.

That's amazing there is still four cases of Parabola on the shelves! I got my first bottle here in Missouri. The shop said I can have a second one they stashed away too.

I haven't had Stickee Monkee yet. I have a bottle I got in a trade a ways back, but it's down in the cellar. Perhaps this is my time to give it a try and see if I need to track down some bottles. I really enjoy quadruple ales. The only barrel aged one I've had is Boulevard's (Bourbon Barrel Quad), and while I found it quite tasty, I prefer the base beer more (Sixth Glass). I'm curious how others are approaching the BBA Quad style.

9. BWood

hit me up if you want me to grab some for you.

ECOBOOSTINST and Harrison8 like this.
  10. TruePerception

TruePerception Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2013 California

As long as Boulevard doesn't brew it...

11. chitownfanatic21

chitownfanatic21 Pundit (792) Sep 25, 2016 Wyoming
    Trader

I totally agree with you! Coming from someone close to boulevard, I am in 100% with your statement. Boulevard has no reason to be dealing in FSW boxed beers. Boulevard makes some decent beers, but when it comes to BA or stouts, Boulevard doesn't know how to do them well, and are behind the curve. One day, they may be there, but that is not true as of now.

BWood likes this.
  12. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Pooh-Bah (1,877) Mar 19, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Good thing my wife loves Stickee Monkey. I can send her out on the hunt!

Harrison8 likes this.
  13. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 Kentucky

Tell that to Rye on Rye on Rye which is one of the best BA beers I've had this year!

14. JeremyDanner

JeremyDanner Zealot (679) Dec 20, 2005 Missouri

I appreciate your candor and would definitely be interested in hearing more if you'd like to DM or email. I'm jdanner at boulevard dot com. I value the interactions I have with folks on this site and relish the opportunity to receive honest feedback.

15. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

Another one I make sure to grab every year.

16. shnsajax

shnsajax Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho

This is one of the reasons Boulevard is awesome.

Now if you could talk to one of your sales reps to getting BBQ in Boise that would be great, or just hire me and I will get things done.

17. Hinda65

Hinda65 Pooh-Bah (1,682) May 7, 2017 Utah
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I am very excited for this!! I have been lucky to score Bravo and Parabola on my travels this year...Hopefully I'll get lucky with this too but think it may have to be part of my first trade here in order to get some...

18. Dan_K

Dan_K Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

I tried a 2015 that I had been cellaring. I can easily say it's one of the worst beers I've ever had.

bgold86 likes this.
  19. gclaw4444

gclaw4444 Zealot (554) Jul 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

That's too bad, but why did you cellar it then?

20. Dan_K

Dan_K Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

I hadn't gotten around to drinking it until now. I'm not sure if it would have been any better fresh. Just super syrupy, cloying, and full of nasty esters. I couldn't even drink it, and neither could my friends. 3/4 of the bottle down the drain.

21. mancavebeercouch

mancavebeercouch Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2015 Colorado
    Deactivated

I picked up two today in Colorado. Not sure if it was an erroneous drop or what. Most of the releases take an extra month or so to get here.

22. ernh

ernh Savant (1,155) Jun 10, 2012 California

Bummer - I wonder if you had a bad bottle? '15 has been my favorite year because it's way more bourbon forward. I had one earlier this month and thought it was still great. I find the '16 batch is more syrupy than I like so I'm letting those sit longer.

BWood likes this.
  23. tigerbeer90

tigerbeer90 Zealot (687) Apr 27, 2012 South Carolina

I move to CA, finally able to get FW. Bravo comes out...I buy it. Parabola...buy it. Stickee Monkee...ugh just take my money FW. You will be the death of my wallet, let's space these releases out a bit more haha

24. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,018) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Given it's score of 99 with over 2,000 ratings, you either had a bad bottle or there's something wrong with you. Joking aside, this is easily one of the best beers that I have had.

raynmoon likes this.
  25. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Savant (1,029) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

Crazy, it hasn't even been released at the brewery yet and doesn't hit distro until next week. Is it a 12oz bottle?

26. coquet

coquet Zealot (606) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Parabola hit Chicago before the brewery release, so this isn't outside the realm of possibility.

KBlodorn likes this.
  27. Scott17Taylor

Scott17Taylor Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2013 Iowa
    Trader

I had it on tap and thought it was outstanding. There aren't enough BA quads. Central waters was okay and boulevard bbq is very good, but other than that there really aren't any that are easy to get.

28. juliolugo

juliolugo Crusader (499) Jun 22, 2015 Massachusetts

[​IMG]

29. mancavebeercouch

Deactivated

Yes, 12oz like all other FW as of late. https://www.beeradvocate.com/society//bCRSsahttps://www.beeradvocate.com/society//bCRSsa

Fox82791 and Hoppedelic like this.
  30. mancavebeercouch

Deactivated

Besides Sucaba (all vintages, 2014 being my favorite), this might be my favorite FW beer.

Hinda65 and Bubbawilly88 like this.
  31. Hinda65

Pooh-Bah Trader

Has anyone seen these released yet? FW website still just says 2017 and I cant find a listing on total wine, at least a current listing, looks like its stil last years 22oz for 14.99.

32. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

Man I want to try this, sure hope to see some land in AZ soon.

33. MacMalt

MacMalt Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,396) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Last year was the first time I was able to find Stickee Monkee relatively easily here in New Jersey. I hope it wasn't an aberration. I'm really looking forward to having it again.

34. coquet

coquet Zealot (606) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Early Untappd reviews for this year's Monkee are significantly lower than prior years, with an unusual number of them mentioning how hot it is. I wonder if this is just an off year.

35. neurobot01

neurobot01 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2014 California

Weird, I liked this year's vintage fresh the best of any vintage (I've had it fresh every year it's been released).

alucard6679 likes this.
  36. alucard6679

alucard6679 Pundit (985) Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

Roughly a case left at Glendale Total Wine

Very good this year, definitely go for it, cheers!

AZBeerDude72 likes this.
  37. alucard6679

alucard6679 Pundit (985) Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

I thought it was fantastic and incredibly drinkable fresh

AZBeerDude72 likes this.
  38. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

Thanks for the info, I will be going over to get a bottle. I cannot wait to give this one a try.

alucard6679 likes this.
  39. Hinda65

Pooh-Bah Trader

Did it release memorial day?

40. Hinda65

Pooh-Bah Trader

Looks like its now readily available in Vegas...Must have released yesterday. Hope I can make it down before it runs out. Parabola lasted a little over a week. This may last longer? I hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.