First/Favorite Fresh Hop Beers of the Year?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BBThunderbolt, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Two Beers Brewing, in Seattle, just posted a pic on FB of hops harvested this morning over near Yakima, and going into the brew kettle tonight. Is this the first fresh hop beer of the year, or has someone beat them to it?

cavedave likes this.
  2. Curloftheburl

Curloftheburl Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2013 Connecticut

I had two wet hopped ales from wicked weed the chinook and the cascade-both very good

ncstateplaya likes this.
  3. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

Shorter days, cooler nights, fresh hop beer... love this time of year!

4. mike_v_sardina

mike_v_sardina Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2012 Vermont

Social Kitchen in San Francisco just released their wet hop pale ale yesterday...Wet Hop Beers are coming!

Hdredfern likes this.
  5. rather

rather Initiate (0) May 31, 2013 California

is deschutes fresh squeezed fresh hopped? I had that a month or two ago and it was delicious.

6. MetalMountainMastiff

MetalMountainMastiff Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 California

Almanac I thought already had one out? But possibly not, I just remember reading they were putting out 3 fresh IPAs for tap. But I haven't been to the bay area in a few weeks.

7. RichardMNixon

RichardMNixon Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2012 Pennsylvania

Don't think so, my understanding was "Fresh Squeezed" referred to the citrus flavors of orange juice they were trying to capture.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  8. 82300sd

82300sd Aspirant (295) Dec 24, 2012 California

no it's not fresh hopped, marketing to trick your mind into thinking it is

9. chikunwing

chikunwing Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2013 Oregon

Logsdon recently released their Fresh Hop beer. I will be opening a bottle on thursday.:grinning:

10. rather

rather Initiate (0) May 31, 2013 California

the label is misleading lol

11. Aleforme

Aleforme Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2008 Washington

Not sure about being first but I can't wait until it hits the shelves. Last year's Fresh Hop brew was probably my favorite Two Beers brew so far. Hoping this year will be even better.

sharpski likes this.
  12. spicoli00

spicoli00 Pooh-Bah (2,231) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere was released in May

13. commis

commis Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2009 Massachusetts

Marketing to trick me into thinking I'm buying a fresh-hopped beer two months before the first hops are remotely ready for harvest? Doubt it.
    It's a referance to citrus flavors.

LambicPentameter likes this.
  14. zestd

zestd Savant (1,027) Jan 18, 2013 Idaho

I've seen on fb the last week several different breweries are getting the freshies.

15. 82300sd

82300sd Aspirant (295) Dec 24, 2012 California

not everyone is as smart as you are

DougC123 likes this.
  16. spartan1979

spartan1979 Pundit (946) Dec 29, 2005 Missouri

I tapped the one I brewed with Chinook from my backyard on Sunday. Pretty tasty.

17. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon

I talked to one of the owners today, and they aren't even getting their fresh hops until at least next Thursday. If you have a bottle of their fresh hop beer it is from last year.

18. chikunwing

chikunwing Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2013 Oregon

Bummer, I picked a bottle up at a bottle shop in bend last weekend and did not even think to check (seemed like the right time of year, a little early perhaps) I just got excited. The best by date said 9/13 so I just thought they wanted you to have it fresh. Oh well I guess I willl have drink it anyway. As always, I continue to provide no useful information.

19. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon

That sucks. No need to out the store here, but you might want to send an email to Logsdons and let them know, especially if there were other bottles still on the shelf. I know that if it were my brewery I wouldn't want people drinking year old "fresh hop" beer...

20. sharpski

sharpski Pooh-Bah (2,806) Oct 11, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

A sign at the Bend brewpub says, "Not a fresh hop beer, just tastes like one". It's a delicious beer IMO, but does not taste anything like the fresh hop beers I've had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.