Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Netherlands First trip to Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BeerHunter76, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BeerHunter76

Beer Trader

Hello forum!

I am going on my first trip to Amsterdam next week, and I would love some advice about a great bottle shop to find quality sours. Where should I go?!

Nostrovya,
    Brian

2. yinzer

De Bierkoning
    Paleisstraat 125
    1012 ZL Amsterdam, Netherlands

Only 1km from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Probably your best bet. Prices aren't too bad either for a shop. . Not sure what they have, last time I was there was in Sept. They did have some of Uli's Geueze http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10574/81839 Now that was a few $$$, 40 euros maybe?

If you are looking for something not too much a whale you might be able to be a IP trade.

3. tendermorsel

Uli gueze..... Yes please.

4. patto1ro

Subscriber

Engelbewaarder has draught Boon Oude Lambiek.

5. Jeffo

De Bierkoning is the only beer shop in town really. Good stuff there though, so don't miss it. Sours are downstairs mostly.

Have Fun!
    Jeff

6. yinzer

And if anyone on BA suggests that you can get sours at Albert Heijn next to the window cleaners, don't listen to them.

ImperialStoat and andrejes like this.
  7. Tashbrew

If it's your first time there...I imagine you'll be on foot, bus or tram. As pointed out above it's the BierKonig. Aside from that it's hit or miss. How much time do you have in Amsterdam? If you can spare 6-7 hours you could 'run the gauntlet' take the train to Brussels(Gare du Midi) take a 10 minute walk and buy Cantillon at the source! I did it many times. The trains are hourly and it is very easy!

8. Brabander

You can get sours at Albert Heijn, actually next to the window cleaners, hahahahaha!

(Do NOT believe me.....Yinzer is always right!)

Thijs

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe