Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Flat Earth Brewing

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Hopstout, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopstout

Hopstout Dec 15, 2011 Minnesota

Has anyone tried this years batch of Winter Warlock yet?
    Even though it doesn't get very high ratings, I am a fan of it having purchased 2 growlers and 4 or 5 bombers last winter. I think that it's quite tasty.
    However, I drank a bottle of the 2013 and it was drastically different...as in a different style of beer.

I know my barleywines because its one of my favorite styles that I drink often.
    This was a lager.
    It was light golden in color.
    It had massive head that dissolved fairly quickly.
    Not malty at all.
    It tasted like a lager.

Was there a mix up at the brewery? Did they fill the wrong bottles? Do I win a prize for finding the secret bottle?
    I am positive that this is what happened or else the recipe has drastically been changed.

Any ideas are appreciated.

2. accordselux

accordselux Nov 26, 2007 Minnesota

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!