Flat Earth Brewing

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Hopstout, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopstout

Hopstout Zealot (513) Dec 15, 2011 Minnesota

Has anyone tried this years batch of Winter Warlock yet?
    Even though it doesn't get very high ratings, I am a fan of it having purchased 2 growlers and 4 or 5 bombers last winter. I think that it's quite tasty.
    However, I drank a bottle of the 2013 and it was drastically different...as in a different style of beer.

I know my barleywines because its one of my favorite styles that I drink often.
    This was a lager.
    It was light golden in color.
    It had massive head that dissolved fairly quickly.
    Not malty at all.
    It tasted like a lager.

Was there a mix up at the brewery? Did they fill the wrong bottles? Do I win a prize for finding the secret bottle?
    I am positive that this is what happened or else the recipe has drastically been changed.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Sack

2. accordselux

accordselux Aspirant (238) Nov 26, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.