Flora with Mandarins

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Johnnyramirez, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Nov 17, 2012 California

What's it gonna take to get a pre trade like this done? And if its gonna be too big of a whale to slay, what will the new batch of Flora take? I wanna see if I have what it'll take in my cellar to get a pre-trade done but don't wanna be mocked for putting a low ball ISO post. If its too much, I'll just drink vicariously through the ratings when they come in.

FWIW, I doubt I'll have the ammo, but worth a shot to ask.

2. MikeTen

MikeTen Apr 3, 2009 California

Pretty much all Hill Farmstead 'costs' more than it's worth at this point.

3. joel66

joel66 Sep 1, 2012 New York

I'm wondering the same thing... And then wonder if its worth the asking price for a 375ml

4. cbeer88

cbeer88 Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Regular Flora will trade reasonably. High-end distro releases should probably get it done - think stuff like Cherry Rye, Darkness, Cantillon, etc.

I personally love the beer too much to trade it, as it is one of HF's best IMO. I've given a couple away to trading partners, but it's not one I'd put on the open market.

As for Flora w/ Mandarins... you're going to need to get a bit more whale-y. It won't be Ann level, but it will likely be Juicy level. I'd also be very cautious of a pre-trade. There are a lot of May releases coming from HF, and if this ends up piggybacking with something like Double Barrel Damon, it's going to be a shitshow and a half to get it.

cfrances33 and Johnnyramirez like this.
  5. Johnnyramirez

That's what I figured. And that's what I was dreading hearing. Still building my cellar and working on getting the stuff to trade for beers of that level. I figured I wouldn't have the ammo for it. California beers aren't whales. I can probably trade for Flora though so that's a positive!

6. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Sep 21, 2012 Florida

If you want an even better shot at landing Flora w Mandarins, the first step you should take is to delete this thread (seriously).

7. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Nov 29, 2012 California

FTFY :wink:

8. Johnnyramirez

Meant to say Northern California beers aren't whales. With the exception of possibly Beat B6 coming, Northern California is full of shelf beer.

But delete this thread. Post all your memes here.

Bluecane likes this.
  9. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Mar 31, 2012 Connecticut

This is why I cringe every time I see them push back a release to May. I wish the original schedule had panned out to spread out some of these incredible releases.

JustXBeer likes this.
  10. franklinn

franklinn May 29, 2012 Vermont

Ughhh. The thought of May at HF is already making my head hurt :slight_frown:

11. cbeer88

cbeer88 Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Yes - these threads tend to cause exponential interest...

Perhaps they enjoy it too much to stop, but HF really is big enough to stop announcing limited releases before they are available. Just quietly slip it onto the "currently available" page when the bottles go up for sale. They'll still sell, and fairly quickly, but they'll avoid the monstrous swarms of beer locusts. Seems to be working well for Allagash...

dunix likes this.
  12. Johnnyramirez

Accurate for Flora w/ mandarins. I have no chance there.
    I have the ammo for Flora. I just wonder if its worth it for a 375.

franklinn likes this.
  13. Bluecane

Bluecane Dec 30, 2011 New York

For serious. It wasn't even on my radar, but now I'm contemplating driving up after graduation :grinning:

BAstoutsNsours likes this.
  14. franklinn

franklinn May 29, 2012 Vermont

You shouldn't, I'm sure it will be terrible. The beer is bad and the atmosphere is lacking. These are not the droids you're looking for. I promise.

15. Bluecane

Bluecane Dec 30, 2011 New York

I've been to the brewery -- just last month, in fact! Some guy was there, then he left. Then I looked at the newspaper clip on the wall and was like "Oh, was that Shaun Hill?" Then I got 38 growlers and made everyone stay late because I got there are 4:56 PM haha

JustXBeer likes this.
  16. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts

Flora is going to be a lot easier to get (by HF standards) now that they are cutting the bottle size in half and the batch size has doubled since previous releases.

cfrances33 and franklinn like this.
  17. Auror

Auror Jan 1, 2010 Massachusetts

The crucial element will be bottle limit. The limit 1 HF beers are incredibly hard to trade for. Limit 2-4 you've got a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.