Florida to Massachusetts drive Rt 95

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Curmudgeon, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Devotee (416) May 29, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Greetings BA Crew,

In a few weeks I'll be driving from Florida to Massachusetts (probably on rt 95 the whole way) and was hoping to get some ideas from you guys on good beer locations (brew pubs, breweries, etc). Like many others, I'm a fan of Tree House, Trillium, Lawson's, Hill Farmstead, etc. so any similar spots or places that serve beer similar to those would be great to know. Unfortunately, I won't be taking my time on this trip. Probably looking to do it in 2-3 days so I'm thinking 2 maybe 3 spots. So what are the must-stop beer spots along that route?! Thanks for any ideas! Always appreciated.

DSWeller likes this.
  2. Casterbridge

Casterbridge Devotee (428) Mar 26, 2010 Connecticut

In Connecticut, I'd stop at NEBCO and Beer'd.

3. Gsulliv2

Gsulliv2 Disciple (368) Dec 9, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

If you have the time I'd hit Westbrook in SC for your first night, then tired hands and monks cafe in Philadelphia the second night then on the last day id hit New England brewing company and treehouse (you can do both if you time it right).

4. brblanch

brblanch Initiate (104) Jun 19, 2013 Rhode Island

I agree with the CT suggestions for NEBCo and beer'd. You may consider Grey Sail in Westerly RI while at Beer'd (very close) for some Captains Daughter. I also suggest hitting Nikki's Liquors in Providence (right off the highway). A great bottle shop with a dedicated vintage room.

5. Jcorn

Jcorn Disciple (393) Jun 17, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

In SC, stop off at Westbrook in Mt Pleasant. Just outside of Charleston. Some other good breweries there too; COAST & Holy City come to mind. But definitely Westbrook.

6. edallolie

edallolie Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2015 Connecticut

Nebco is not on 95 but not too far. Treehouse is far out of the way if your sticking to 95. Beer'd is excellent. Not sure of the vicinity to 95 but Other Half in Brooklyn is another great one.

7. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Devotee (416) May 29, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Big thanks to you guys for the tips. I'll be taking the trip late next week. I'll try to get some pics if I stop off at any of these places. Thanks again!

8. ricknelson

ricknelson Devotee (445) Feb 20, 2010 Vermont

Dogfish Head Brewery in Rehoboth Beach and Willimatic Brewpub in Willimatic RI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.