Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Asia Flying beer to Seoul

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by mkunz, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkunz

mkunz Mar 3, 2009 Oregon

Visiting Seoul and want to bring some beer for my friends there. Anyone know the rules on bringing beer on a plane from US to South Korea? I'd be checking my bags of course. Any suggestions of spots in Seoul would be great too(beer or otherwise).

2. Hoppsbabo

Hoppsbabo Jan 29, 2012 United Kingdom (England)

Officially you're only allowed to bring in 1 litre, but it's bollocks. Just recently I got away with 7 bottles. 4 small Chimay sized bottles and three 500ml, that and a lot of snacks and spices. An American aquaintance got through with just as many bottles as I did. I've heard some people get taxed (not much) but I didn't and by almost all accounts people usually don't. I'm sure if you're very polite and look happy to be there they'll let you through without paying a tax fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe