Flying Saucer Beerfeast Nashville

Discussion in 'US - South' started by TheBeerAlmanac, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac (0) Mar 3, 2011 Kentucky

Just got an email this is happening next weekend, and as fortuitous as it may be, I'll be in Nashville that weekend. I was going to buy a ticket, but after reading the itinerary, it sounds misleading: lots of exciting talk without much substance. The list of breweries offering "rare beers" isn't exactly laudable, and I saw no mention on the festival page of the actual beers being served. Can anyone shed light on what to expect this year and if it's worth a ticket? Can anyone attest to any previous year's offerings?

2. harperman69

harperman69 (0) Feb 11, 2009 Tennessee

The Flying Saucer's definition of rare probably differs from ours. I decided to skip it.

3. drfabulous

drfabulous (0) Jul 23, 2005 Kentucky

I've never cared for Flying Saucer since I actually starting knowing stuff about beer. And the food is about as bad as food can be.

4. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac (0) Mar 3, 2011 Kentucky

I've only been once and saw that they have a LOT of beer, but my short visit didn't allow me to discern the quality. I'm a glasswhore and the last time I was there, they had an entire display case full of glassware from their previous "pint nights" (buy a beer, keep the glass) and they let me have all I wanted for $3 a piece so I'll definitely be going back if just for that. I'll hold off on getting a ticket until I arrive to see if it's worth it.

5. TheGordianKnot

TheGordianKnot (0) Apr 2, 2010 Tennessee

I haven't gone, but I believe the talk afterwards was that the "rare" beer last summer was a year old keg of Ommegang Art of Darkness... From what I hear, this isn't a must go event

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.