Fonta Flora to Open Tasting Room Charlotte

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by KRubes, Jan 25, 2018.

1. aleckpa

aleckpa Zealot (558) Dec 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Trader

It sounds like it’ll be a big year for FF. I’m excited for them.

2. NoMoreBeerBelly

NoMoreBeerBelly Initiate (142) Dec 2, 2009 North Carolina

3. Crim122

Crim122 Aspirant (231) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

Read this food hall opens late 2018. I wonder what is considered "late" 2018. I was thinking of doing my birthday in Charlotte, which is in September.

I'm just hoping with the new production facility we get a good bit of their beer in the triangle. And IIRC I read that Nebo is a dry county? Because I read in an article from last month that they plan to do a taproom at the new location.

4. NoMoreBeerBelly

The NC Brunch Bill actually included a law allowing farm breweries to sell on site if they grow a portion of the ingredients on the property. Wineries have been able to do this for a long time in dry counties. Now breweries can as well!

5. Macsimus

Macsimus Initiate (180) Feb 19, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

Add this to the already planned Fat Head's Brewpub : )

6. NCMonte

NCMonte Aspirant (239) Jan 28, 2014 North Carolina

FF will need to step up production in a big way. They do not have a huge selection now.

7. treznor

treznor Zealot (539) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Good thing they have a new brewing facility coming online soonish, probably before this tasting room is built out.

NCMonte likes this.
  8. Crim122

I might be in the minority here. But I'll take a small selection of well made beers over a bunch of one offs that are mediocre

rgordon, VABA, c64person and 3 others like this.
  9. NoMoreBeerBelly

They are already brewing on the farm as of like a few week ago. Even did a collaboration with Half Acre there last week so they are past test brewing.

dogleg_left and CavemanRamblin like this.
  10. treznor

treznor Zealot (539) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Awesome to hear!

11. Crim122

I know their website says Early 2019, but does anyone have some insight on this? Wife and I are driving from Raleigh to fly out of Charlotte to Munich in May. Was hoping to leave early enough to check this out before our flight.If they're open.

12. NoMoreBeerBelly

There has been nothing in mainstream media of impending openings of any of the spots in Optimist Hall yet. :-( Can't wait for this though!

13. CaptainPiret

CaptainPiret Initiate (169) Oct 5, 2009 North Carolina
    Trader

A story from May, saying some stalls will open as soon as this summer. It appears Fonta Flora is still on. This will be great.

14. NoMoreBeerBelly

They have been 100% quiet on this for a LONG time. I wouldn’t expect this anytime soon.

Crim122 likes this.
  15. Crim122

Are we reaching the stage where we doubt it's still happening?

16. Subcontrabass

Subcontrabass Initiate (62) Jun 21, 2014 North Carolina

Sounds like they're on the Burial Forestry Camp schedule.

Immortale25 likes this.
  17. NoMoreBeerBelly

I wouldn't say that as nothing has opened yet. They may actually be playing it smart in not getting people all anxious for an opening date only to have to have it pushed back months and months like most places. But it does seem odd to not at least tease some pictures of the progress.

18. NoMoreBeerBelly

The first tenants will open on August 1st but Fonta Flora is not in the first wave. Said to be rolling openings after the first ones open but not other dates given. All reports still say they are a confirmed tenant.