For anyone close to Battle Creek (Mi)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by tommyz, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommyz

tommyz Devotee (419) May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Arcadia has a Baltic Porter on tap called Snowballs. It is by far the best Porter I have..I was told that it is brewed like an Eisbock with freezing and scraping involved. In comes in at a whopping 18%-20%..There was only 10 gallons of this left after the brewing process, so very limited.. its 8 dollars for a 6oz pour fyi..very good..

2. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (1,657) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Subscriber

This is an outstanding beer. I could not detect the alcohol in it, but my wife could. I'm going down there again tonight to see if there is any left.

The brewery is also having a special sampling today of three ESBs for $5, each sample with a different new European hop variety that they want consumer feedback about. (You have to complete a survey form.) They are getting ready to release an ESB under a new name in bottles, so maybe these are the hops being considered?

3. tommyz

tommyz Devotee (419) May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Im not a big Arcadia fan, But was absolutely blown away by this..I wish there was a way that I could have taken some home..Was Amazing..I could taste the alcohol, but it was very mild..

4. Bay01

Bay01 Aspirant (278) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

I'm not near Battle Creek but its cool that Arcadia is doing stuff like this and getting good results, hope I'll have a chance to try it at some point.

5. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (1,657) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Subscriber

Snow Balls is all gone at the brewery. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.