For sale at Cantillon

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by jefverstraete, Feb 25, 2015.

1. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (196) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

what were the bottles?

2. Alphus

Alphus Initiate (29) May 3, 2017 France
    Trader

3FF 2019+2Brabantiae 2018+50N-4E 2018

3. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Devotee (433) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

Definitely some anxious moments when there was the issues with the payments going through but was stoked I was able to land a set. These online sales are such a damn treat!

BeerGlassesCollector likes this.
  4. BeerGlassesCollector

BeerGlassesCollector Zealot (556) Nov 11, 2002 Cyprus
    Trader

Nice! I got one with the first round. Apparently it was much smoother than the 2nd one...

KevinJohnson2 likes this.
  5. newbrews

newbrews Aspirant (225) Jul 24, 2010 Florida
    Trader

First round definitely the way to go. FB notifications suck though.

6. RyeRocco

RyeRocco Initiate (39) Mar 26, 2015 Pennsylvania

Anyone able to update what's available for onsite and to go?

7. jamshard2mash

jamshard2mash Initiate (84) May 4, 2017 California
    Trader

I'm out of the loop on the sales....What's the deal? Do they allow proxy and/or ship?

8. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (2,312) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

They don't ship, but do allow proxies, last I checked anyway. Unfortunately, they only allow payment by credit card and have that awful SecureCode secondary "security" measure in place, which can be a real stumbling block.

jamshard2mash likes this.
  9. RyeRocco

Getting into Brussels tomorrow. Anyone able to update onsite a d Togo from today?

10. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (281) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

I was there last week, 11/21 & 11/22 to go was Geuze, Mamouche, RDG, and GCB, Nath was briefly up on 11/21 but they took it off the to go list before I was able to get any.

worth hitting up 3F if you have time, they have winter packs and also had bottles of Homage and Framboos to go

11. RyeRocco

Yeah, Only in Brussels Monday and Tuesday with Drie Fonteinen closed. Have a shop nearby that is supposed to be shipping me some Hommage and Framboos.

Cantillon had Geuze, RDG, GCB, Iris, Mamouche to go yesterday. Got to try the Brabiantaie onsite as well as the Nath and lou pepe kriek. Got to the counter a few minutes too late and was unable to get Fou Foune before they were done for the day. got some of that nearby at a bar though.

Nice trip and look forward to the next visit.

12. Garrold

Garrold Initiate (45) Nov 2, 2016 England
    Trader

Just for future reference, where did you find the bar with Fou?

13. BeerGlassesCollector

Trader

I'll be in Brussels end of January and plan to visit Cantillon once again and I'd like to visit 3F as well. Any info by anyone on their to-go list? Does it change daily like Cantillon and do they usually have their seasonals available to go?

Last year I was there, Moeder Lambic had a lot of Cantillon seasonals including Fou.

14. RollTide7

Yea their list does change depending on what's available though it typically has way more options than Cantillon. This time the bottle list at Cantillon wasn't as good as its been for me in past visits as it had fewer options (no Magic Lambic, St Lam (only Gran Cru), LPF, d'anis, viggerone, etc.).

The pricing is a bit higher at 3F though relative to Cantillon, most of their fruited labics are around 25 euro a 750 while most cantillons are 15-22 euros, they had an amazing peach lambic that's worth getting if its still avail when you go. Their website has a link to their untapped beer list on the right hand side so just check it before you go, though its currently a bit dated . Again though they typically have a lot longer of a bottle list relative to Cantillon with more experimental stuff.

Heere's their untappd link: https://untappd.com/v/brouwerij-3-fonteinen-and-lambikodroom/5314829

15. BeerGlassesCollector

Trader

16. RoyMaas

RoyMaas Initiate (49) Nov 22, 2017 Netherlands
    Trader

only drink in

17. RollTide7

yep only drink in, they have to go bottles for sale at the room to the right of the entrance at 3F. Like Cantillon what they have to go varies with time, but typically doesn't change as frequently as at Cantillon. You can also ship from 3Fthrough Belgium in a box or Etre Gourmet.

18. BeerGlassesCollector

Trader

So I’ll be in Brussels 24-26 January. I plan to visit Cantillon on Saturday 25th and then head down to 3F. If anyone happens to be there and wants to share a bottle, hit me up...

19. JoJoMoJo

JoJoMoJo Initiate (129) Apr 20, 2016 Tennessee
    Trader

Someone have an update of the on-site list at Cantillon?

20. Paymat7

Paymat7 Initiate (30) Apr 30, 2019 France
    Trader

Available to-go yesterday, Brabantiae 2018, gcb magnum, Iris

21. KT13

KT13 Initiate (0) Friday
    Trader

Available to-go this morning: Brabantiae 2018

22. PeterPGH

PeterPGH Aspirant (204) Oct 30, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader