For the Love of Hops (Stan Hieronymous) warning: shameless plug

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by skivtjerry, Jan 26, 2013.

1. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Mar 10, 2006 Vermont

Another great book from the guy who is rapidly becoming my favorite beer writer. My copy of Brew Like a Monk is as dog-eared as a southern baptist's bible, and FotLoH looks to be just as good. I bought it yesterday, flipped through it last night, took it to work today and read a page or 2 whenever I got a chance. I like his diligent research, writing style and obvious love of beer. It's 300 pages, full of technical information, cool anecdotes and tidbits of hard-won knowledge you just can't get from a textbook or how-to article. Buy this.

(I have no financial interest in the book. In fact, I paid full retail for it in a shop so I didn't have to wait for it to arrive).

barfdiggs likes this.
  2. nathanjohnson

nathanjohnson Aug 5, 2007 Vermont

Just finished reading another 30 pages; fully agree.

barfdiggs likes this.
  3. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Mar 22, 2011 California

Ditto. Found it very useful (Technical aspects and stories), and entertaining... read it cover to cover the first night I got it and have since reread it a couple times.

4. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Jun 8, 2005 Michigan

An excellent writer. Very good book.

5. pweis909

pweis909 Aug 13, 2005 Wisconsin

I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure that how it will alter my homebrewing, but am interested in it nonetheless.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe