Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Fort George in WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beertunes

beertunes Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

2. honkduh

honkduh Jun 2, 2011 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I've seen it all around Seattle at beer stores and grocery stores so you should definitely be seeing it.

3. NWer

NWer Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

It's starting to show up in Seattle. Haven't seen it in Snohomish County yet. Looking forward to their outstanding beers becoming readily available around here.

4. honkduh

Beer Trader

Keeping an eye out for this:

To celebrate the first half decade, the brewery is releasing limited 22-ounce bottles of their imperial Belgo IPA known as XVIth Chapel. But it’s not just the rare emboldened brew beer geeks may have sampled before, no, this rendition is aged in Four Roses bourbon barrels and conditioned with rose hips.

5. Plinythechugger

Plinythechugger Dec 30, 2009 Washington

Saw Vortex IPA on tap at Elliott Bay Pizza and Pub in Mill Creek. I believe they still have a few cans of Cavatica Stout for sale as well.

6. punkhim

punkhim Dec 22, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

I have seen Vortext IPA at Elliott Bay as mentioned above, and at Malt and Vine as well.

7. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Jun 5, 2007 Washington

ft. george is great but I am not a fan of this new can craze, i like bottles better the beer just tastes better. its hard to describe but i drank a vortex straight out of the can and it kinda tasted like crap (prob from the chemicals in the can liner) but I have had it on tap and it one of my fav regular ipas. down with cans. i think the only reason breweries are doing it is because it is cheaper.

8. boMD

boMD Feb 8, 2009 Oregon

Have you tried pouring it out of the can?

vurt and djbreezy like this.
  9. honkduh

Beer Trader

that sounds like a crazy idea! :D

vurt likes this.
  10. beertunes

Beer Trader

Got a Facebook message from the owner of one of my locals, and he's getting some delivered tomorrow, should go on tap over the weekend.

11. barleywinefiend

barleywinefiend Nov 22, 2007 Washington

Not only are the majority of beers good the staff at the brewery/brewpub are very nice.

12. madtappers

madtappers Feb 9, 2007 Washington

Odom is distrubiting Fort George in the Seattle area. So where ever they go there should be FG beer avaliable.
    In Clark and Cowlitz counties down south, Maletis Beverage has been distrubiting FG for almost a year now.

And, yes the Roses on Roses is a killer beer...I have seen it around Clark County this week for sale.

13. beertunes

Beer Trader

We're not getting kegs, but I had a can of the Sunrise Oatmeal Pale Ale yesterday and it was damn tasty. I foresee more these being consumed this summer.

14. honkduh

Beer Trader

Picked up a bottle yesterday

15. flagmantho

flagmantho Feb 19, 2009 Washington
    Subscriber Beer Trader

They have 4 varieties in cans at Special Brews.

16. NWer

Beer Trader

I was wondering when they would get it. I was monitoring their website and hadn't noticed.

17. djbreezy

djbreezy Dec 16, 2008 Washington

Interesting. We've had cans down in Vancouver for a long time now...Fred Meyer, New Seasons, etc. You guys don't get it in the Seattle area?

18. waltersrj

waltersrj Dec 16, 2010 Washington

Fort George puts out great beers...Cavatica Stout is a fine line between stout and IS, Vortex IPA is great, Oatmeal Pale Ale is great too. Glad to see them here finally and always a great price point for a tall boy.

19. CaptainTripps

CaptainTripps Aug 8, 2010 Oregon

Check out Fred Myers, seem to have at least Vortex IPA and 1800 Lager

20. SRossman

SRossman Sep 6, 2008 Washington

All 4 available cans are in at Central Market MC. Still in the back room until I can make space on the shelf which should be very soon. Available upon request in the mean time, Deviant Dale's and Torpedo as well while on the subject of tall boys

punkhim and NWer like this.
  21. NWer

Beer Trader

Hey Spence,
    Good to hear. Haven't asked about anything in the back lately.
    Vortex and Cavatica as good as it gets.

22. MicroFanatic

MicroFanatic Mar 21, 2009 Washington

Tried this one recently and it was fantastic! Very well balanced.

[​IMG]

TheBungyo and sharpski like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe