Fortuitous Release

Discussion in 'US - South' started by TheGordianKnot, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGordianKnot

TheGordianKnot Initiate (79) Apr 2, 2010 Tennessee

Welcome back South BAs! What did everyone think of the Yazoo Fortuitous release last weekend? I had a great time chillin the parking lot at 11 for awhile and all the beers that were shared throughout the event were ridiculous! Linus and the crew did a great job and I hope we see more of these down the road- potentially without the stress of the raffle next time...

Haven't drank one yet, anyone know how they are doing right now?

2. wedgie9

wedgie9 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2010 Tennessee

It was a really great event, and I had an awesome time. I haven't popped a bottle yet, but on draft at 12 South Winter Warmer, it was outstanding.

3. crusian

crusian Crusader (787) May 14, 2010 Oregon

anyone had this yet... sounds... gross. To be honest.

4. Volntitan

Volntitan Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 Tennessee

Not gross at all....very, very good.

5. sommersb

sommersb Meyvn (1,185) May 25, 2010 Tennessee

Had a great time, but haven't cracked one open yet

6. Merkur

Merkur Disciple (353) Jan 3, 2011 Tennessee

Had a blast even though my wife and I both missed out on the raffle. We sampled it at the Winter Warmer and I thought it was a great, complex brew. Sour is not really my thing, but could definitely appreciate it. Dissappointed to lose out on some, but still had a blast sampling some different brews and hanging out. Hope they release more like this. Bottled Barell aged Sue perhaps?

7. sommersb

sommersb Meyvn (1,185) May 25, 2010 Tennessee

I saw a tweet from Frugal's that they had some for sale after Saturday.

8. Brianito

Brianito Aspirant (218) Mar 23, 2009 Tennessee

Decided the night before to skip the event, not sure why. Was it crowded? What time did people show up?

9. Volntitan

Volntitan Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 Tennessee

Not crowded at all. I would say a couple of hundred folks. The normal beer folks were there. I got there aound noon. They had it in a large space above the brewery. It really was a blast. Folks brought some great beers from cantillon (sp) to 3 Floyd's to Russian river. I brought a king Henry and another couple brought the special release sour from upland (not going to attempt to spell). They even had some of the infected sue so you could try the base beer. It really was a blast. I got some fortuitous but honestly it was more about hanging out for me.

10. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2006 Tennessee

Sounds very cool. I will have to hit up the next release there if there is one. That is exactly why I used to love the Foothills releases.

I wanted to make this one so bad, but it did not work out.

11. bastu

bastu Initiate (0) May 5, 2011 Tennessee

Yeah, the Fortuitous release was awsome! So many cool people sharing amazing beers!

If the out of state couple that gave me one of their winning tickets sees this please shoot me a beermail, I'd love to keep in touch with you guys.

12. mmmckay

mmmckay Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2009 Tennessee

We have a few bottles for sale at Moon Wine & Spirits in Brentwood. They are $19.99. I'm taking one home tonight myself.

13. baerenda

baerenda Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 Tennessee

A few of us made it to the release, which was much more laid back (being upstairs at the brewery) than we were anticipating. None of us had any idea people were bringing beer to share, so we didn't take part in the beer sampling as we didn't bring anything to offer in return.

As far as the actual Fortuitous is concerned, I'm holding onto my bottles at this point, but a friend of mine opened one earlier this week and drank it side by side with a standard Sue that he aged for about a year. He said that the Sue definitely benefits from some aging (as I can also attest), and that the Fortuitous was quite good. This was the first time he tried it since he missed the Winter Warmer, so not much to go on other than the fact that he REALLY likes sours and this was definitely enjoyable. I think I'm going to open one in the not-so-distant future since I enjoyed it so much at the Warmer and my willpower isn't that strong to hold on to all of them.

14. Brandonbrew

Brandonbrew Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2011 Tennessee

The event was great. I got to meet some new people and enjoy some great beers in the parking lot. Drinking an Eclipse first thing in the morning was treat!

15. TheGordianKnot

TheGordianKnot Initiate (79) Apr 2, 2010 Tennessee

That was my first Eclipse as well and an awesome beer to have in the morning. Also Brandon, your homebrew was awesome and it was great meeting you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.