Fou foune 13

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Goatboye, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goatboye

Goatboye Jan 13, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Could a Fou foune 13 pull a gold wax assassin 1:1 appreciate any feedback don't know much about fou just know it trades really high

2. mlhyatt

mlhyatt Jul 27, 2013 Georgia

You would probably need at least two and with fou i think the consensus is that fresher the better so it might be a little harder to land with '13 fou.

3. Drift

Drift Mar 26, 2014 California
    Trader

Prob not. Also some people here avoid the 13 Fou so it's really hard.

4. Kayn169

Kayn169 Jan 9, 2011 Illinois

Who
    Who is avoiding '13 FF? '13 Blabær is the only thing I've heard about

5. Drift

Drift Mar 26, 2014 California
    Trader

I've seen it on some ISO: ft threads. Personally never had the 13 fou. I'll look around and when it comes up I'll post it. I thought it was only 13 blabaer as well

Edit: can't find it, but i know ive seen it somewhere.

#5 Drift, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  6. Heretic42

Heretic42 Aug 31, 2011 Texas

I've read the same here and elsewhere. Roughly that there seems to be a higher chance of a not-great bottle. I think they should just send the bottles to me for proper disposal.

7. evilcatfish

evilcatfish May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Yes, everyone should avoid 13 Fou and send me their bottles. Lol

mythaeus and pmarlowe like this.
  8. Stevedore

Stevedore Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

I want all of it. Don't care what year.

concealed, Hopzilla, UcDru and 4 others like this.
  9. jae

jae Feb 21, 2010 Washington

Fou after a year is wonderful. Still distinctly apricot, though with more funk.

10. mlhyatt

mlhyatt Jul 27, 2013 Georgia

Someone who has had multiple years of blabaer, why is '13 avoided? I don't want what someone heard about it, I want to hear someone's actual first hand experience of why this was an off year or whatever.

4lo likes this.
  11. sfr26

sfr26 Jan 15, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I haven't tried it, but if you look at ratings on Untappd, which has scores by vintage, it is by far the lowest (~3.7 average vs. ~4.5 for most other years). So it does seem there is some truth in it being an 'off' vintage

12. Kayn169

Kayn169 Jan 9, 2011 Illinois

It is different I have had a few different vintages. '13 is less fruity and has a funk that isnt like their normal stuff. I wouldn't call it bad, just not what I have come to expect.

mlhyatt likes this.
  13. jae

jae Feb 21, 2010 Washington

?

14. Rotero24

Rotero24 Aug 6, 2013 California

All I remember hearing is that the 2013 version was a very small batch due to the low amount of apricots harvested that year. I have tried the '13 version before and I enjoyed it just like any other vintage.

youbrewidrink likes this.
  15. Quackus

Quackus Mar 28, 2012 New York

Both the 2013 Fou (most, but not all, bottles) and the 2013 Blabaer were distinctly less juicy/fruity than other vintages, with a tendency to be a bit chalky in taste.

With the Fou, it's a mild preference point and I'll seek out other years first. I really did not care for 2013 Blabaer.

16. Pecan

Pecan Dec 20, 2012 Arizona

Fresher part is really a personal preference. I like Fou with ~3 years on it the best. That balances perfectly for my tastes and gives you a great blend of funk and fruit. Some people want as juicy as possible, others want as funky as possible. To each their own.

kiki3drt292 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.