Fou' Foune in Belgium

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Moopband, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moopband

Moopband Initiate (0) Jul 20, 2010 New York

Hey Guys -

Going to be in Belgium (Brussels, Brugges and Antwerp) for a week in mid-April and really want to get to try some Fou' Foune, along with as many sours as I can. Do you think there will be places to get a hold of some (I know its out of season right now) whether it be at a bar or in a store?

Thanks.

2. andrejes

andrejes Initiate (134) Jun 10, 2011 Netherlands
    Trader

I think you can only find it in a bar now! Moeder Lambic in Brussel has some!
    Better is to trade some!

3. mathieu87

mathieu87 Initiate (127) Jun 22, 2011 Belgium

And at Cantillon. Drinking on the premises only.

4. Moopband

That sounds great. Not trying to hoard some bottles just trying to taste some of the world's best beer.

Thanks you guys this board has been more than helpful.

5. ManforallSaisons

ManforallSaisons Devotee (414) Mar 20, 2008 Belgium

Think of restaurants as well, although it might not be as fresh. I've had it at La Villette (can't recommend that place enough) in the St. Catherine neighborhood of Brussels in the past, and saw it at the swank Bouchery in the Uccle district. And of course De Heeren van Liedekercke (accompanied by sounds of sacred bells ringing and monks chanting). There might be others.

6. Moopband

Instead of creating a new thread I'm going to ask here. I will be in Brussels on Easter Sunday and wanted to get an idea of how the city will be that day. Will everything be shut down or will some places stay open? Specifically the gueuze/lambic bars that are only open on Sundays.

7. ManforallSaisons

Bof, that may be a tough one, some may close "exceptionnellement," but there will definitely be some bars open. If by "only open on Sundays" you mean Verkering Tegen de Grote Drote out of town, I think they do tend to open on holidays. You won't go thirsty.

8. Brabander

Brabander Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

I bought three bottles at Dranken Geers near Gent yesterday.....

ManforallSaisons likes this.
  9. ManforallSaisons

You just GAVE AWAY that kind of intel?!! :slight_smile:

10. Brabander

Brabander Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

Why not? Beer is sharing is my motto! And as far as we saw this there were none left... (double smile!!!)

Thijs

jazzyjeff13 and doopiedoopiedoo like this.
  11. Moopband

Moeder said they're open on Easter Sunday so I'll be the guy drinking some Fou' Foune or some other great lambics.

ManforallSaisons likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.