Founders 2015 KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Hopeswimmer, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradenMK

BradenMK Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2012 Alaska

That's ridiculous.

2. diamondlie

diamondlie Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2014 Connecticut

One store announced they had KBS in today at 1:00. I got there at 1:25 and they already went through their allotment.

I went to 8 stores over the last two days, for a grand total of 2 bottles. We almost got 2 four packs collectively!

3. njtmayhem

njtmayhem Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2013 New Jersey

I went to 2 store in central jersey and ended up with 3 bottles. One store told me to check back in the morning, if any were left I could get another.

4. PapaScheff

PapaScheff Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2015 New York

WNY area...ended up with 8 bottles.went/called about 8 places.

5. TurkeyFeathers

TurkeyFeathers Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2014 New York
    Deactivated

Where'd you find them ? I went to premiere at 9, said not getting on floor til 3 ( had to work at 3). Only a couple of Consumers got it yesterday, the rest today fyi

6. Misterphinister

Misterphinister Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 Michigan

Scored 10 bottles yesterday and as the day got longer, the prices were sky rocketing. First 4 pack was 21.99, then 2 single bottles for 6.50 a piece, and then my last 4 pack was 31.00.....

7. TBonez477

TBonez477 Defender (632) Jan 15, 2015 Vermont
    Trader

Wife scored a 4-pack yesterday on the first try. And they were $6/per bottle so it was a score all around, especially here in VT.

BoldRulerVT likes this.
  8. TBonez477

TBonez477 Defender (632) Jan 15, 2015 Vermont
    Trader

Oh, and we attended a draft release where CBS was also served. As a side note, don't drink KBS and CBS side by side. CBS makes KBS look like a dog IMO.

charrel, DemoniChris and sdeese21 like this.
  9. iTunesUpdates

iTunesUpdates Initiate (0) May 7, 2014 Florida

I got KBS from four stores and paid a different price per bottle each time lol... Also got sold a 4pk of 2013 somehow. Still haven't figured out why this happened.

Fargrow and Misterphinister like this.
  10. Cbonzo

Cbonzo Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2014 Pennsylvania

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area have any info when the kbs is getting here?

11. Hesscabob

Hesscabob Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2014 Illinois

Couldn't agree more! I've been saying exactly this for as many years as you and I'm not sure why KBS is consistently ranked higher than BCBS. KBS is like BCBS's little brother

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  12. TurkeyFeathers

TurkeyFeathers Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2014 New York
    Deactivated

Paid $17.40 for only 2 bottles I could locate I'm walking kinda funny today.

Misterphinister likes this.
  13. plutoniumpete

plutoniumpete Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2008 New Jersey

Loved Pembertons when I lived there. I remember it before it transitioned into a craft store. They still had some decent beer, but no where close to where it is today.

14. plutoniumpete

plutoniumpete Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2008 New Jersey

Snagged 5 with no problem visiting 3 stores Monday around 11 am. Worked a little bit (i.e. drove around and stretched my lunch break to 2.5 hours) and was able to get 4 more. Now I am content and not worried about trying to find anymore. Surprised how much less of a hassle it was finding it out here in Ohio versus living in Cambridge last year. 2.5 hour lunch last year resulted in only 3 bottles.

15. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops Initiate (0) May 11, 2013 Michigan

Yeah, because everyone here lives in western PA??? You stated "it ships on the 30th", which was patently false. If someone had taken your "info" as fact and lived in IL, MA, or other states that had it in stores on Monday, they likely would have missed out entirely.

Was able to pick up 3 4pks yesterday, thanks to Founders for a 2nd release at the brewery. Hard to beat $60 otd with no line.

16. MLDucky

MLDucky Defender (616) Oct 12, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Just means you have more money for Parabola.

Fluteswell likes this.
  17. jlsims04

jlsims04 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois

Totally agree. Although the 2015 I had last night is a step in the right direction.

Hesscabob likes this.
  18. Fasnic

Fasnic Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2011 Ohio

This year's KBS is much better than last year, which I was heavily disappointed in. 2013 was fantastic, this year is definitely a good step. That said, I think with Sunday Morning Stout coming out at the same time, I'd grab that over KBS.

19. mike0802

mike0802 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2014 New York

I feel like they are 2 completely different beers. BCBS is great, but this year's KBS is so full of chocolate and coffee. That smooth bourbon flavor. I enjoyed it more than BCBS this year. Maybe I'll do a side by side.

20. jlsims04

Lets be honest we have to compare KBS to BCBCS and between those BCBCS is the older brother letting the little guy tag along for the first time.

Brown120 likes this.
  21. Hesscabob

Hesscabob Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2014 Illinois

After completing a side by side already I would have to say KBS is still thinner. Love everything that is going on with its coffee and chocolate but its still the appetizer to the main course. The roasted malts and bourbon pop for me for on BCBS. On the flip side, I've also been one to be partial to Expedition stout over the highly acclaimed Black Note, so what the hell do I know

22. Pisthetaerus

Pisthetaerus Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Connecticut

+1. If it had BCBS's mouthfeel I'm not sure which I would prefer since I do like that KBS isn't quite so heavy on the bourbon.

23. halo3one

halo3one Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2014 Georgia

It hit GA this week.

24. FleetwoodBeverages

FleetwoodBeverages Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

I got 2 cases on Tuesday and made 8 of my friends very happy people.

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  25. Techichi

Techichi Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2012 Texas

I skipped the headache and got two bombers of Big Bad Baptist instead.

26. NickyDee21

NickyDee21 Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2011 Pennsylvania

I didn't go out of my way to get any, just like I had planned. Go to the local shop and low and behold, about a case worth of 4pks. Grabbed two 4pks at $22 a piece.

27. Bendo7732

Bendo7732 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2014 Massachusetts

Any left i the rochester area??????

28. jlsims04

See I find the coffee and bourbon has a stronger yet more harmonious balance in BCBCS that KBS never had for me.

29. potluck9876

potluck9876 Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2013 Pennsylvania

I went to one store and got a case for $95 plus tax

30. BSBONO

BSBONO Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Pennsylvania

What part of pa?

31. RyeRocco

RyeRocco Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2015 Pennsylvania

Went to four stores over the course of about an hour/hour and a half and picked up 7 bottles. Paid between 5.49/bottle and 9.50/bottle.

32. bt931912

bt931912 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2013 Connecticut

Does anyone know if this will be making its way to CT?

33. Himself

Himself Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Massachusetts

made 2 calls, ended up with 4 bottles

34. brett-drinks-beer

brett-drinks-beer Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Massachusetts

Springfield, MA area: made a few calls Monday, and was able to pick up 2 bottles each at 3 of 4 stores. 6 total. Pretty good day. 2 bottle max everywhere; price was about $12-$13 for 2 bottles. Doubtful there's any left.

35. mj81

mj81 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2013 New Jersey

Got a 4 pack and 2 bottles stopping at only 3 stores. Will pick up at least another 4 pack if my normal place gets what was promises them. Also grabbed 2 more 4 packs of Sunday morning stout. Make friends with your beer managers folks. It's a crappy job sometimes and taking interest in their lives other than what beers they can get for you goes a long way. Also bribing them with beers they want but don't have access too works as well, lol. I'm pretty set on barrel aged coffee stouts for a while.

36. beerhan

beerhan Zealot (572) Apr 28, 2010 Ohio

On a related note, the new Griffon pub on Transit is selling KBS by the pint

37. chicagogooner

chicagogooner Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2014 Illinois

Was able to get 2 bottles and my local store said they were getting another case on Monday.

If anyone is around Standard Market in Naperville, IL, my buddy texted me today and said they had a decent amount (2 bottle limit).

38. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (4,461) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

39. A2HB

A2HB Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2013 Michigan

You live in Floriduuh one of the most stupid and backwater states in the union. Please get a clue

40. Woodman70

Woodman70 Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2013 Wisconsin

Drinking a KBS 2015...I like it a lot better than last years release...I now have 2012-2015 hidden away :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.