Founders Brewing Co. Co-Founder & CEO Mike Stevens Transitions to Board Member

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Todd, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (6,634) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

FOUNDERS BREWING CO. CO-FOUNDER & CEO MIKE STEVENS ANNOUNCES TRANSITION OF ROLE WITHIN THE COMPANY

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., January 19, 2022 – Founders Brewing Co. announced today that Mike Stevens, co-founder and chief executive officer, will be transitioning to the role of board member for Founders on Feb. 1, 2022. Dave Engbers, president of Founders, will remain in his role and additionally assume the responsibilities of Chairman of the Board. Founders is currently engaged in a search to identify the next CEO, who will be announced at a later date. In the interim period, Erik d’Auchamp, the Grand Rapids based Director of International Business for parent company Mahou, will assume CEO duties.

Stevens is an accomplished and well-known leader in the craft brewing industry. As co-founder of Founders Brewing Co., established in 1997, brewing innovative beers has been a personal passion for Stevens for over 25 years.

“Building this company from the ground up and watching it grow into a successful business has truly been the honor of a lifetime,” said Founders CEO, Mike Stevens. “To find something I love doing and then create an entire brand and business from it was an incredible experience. I am extremely proud of what we have accomplished, and I am excited about the opportunities that lie ahead for our organization, and to be part of that progress in my new position as a member of the board.”

An entrepreneur at heart, Stevens decided to step down from his role to pursue other personal ambitions and spend more time with his family.

“We are so grateful for Mike and Dave’s vision and direction in developing and executing a brand and strategic plan that enabled Founders to gain a leadership position in the craft beer space,” said Erik d’Auchamp, director of international business for Mahou. “When we very first met with Mike and Dave back in 2014 to discuss a partnership between our two brands, we could tell that we were building a connection to something special. After working closely with the Founders team for years, we are excited to continue down the path of innovation with this group of talented and passionate individuals. We will continue to pave our way forward in the craft beer space while retaining everything that makes Founders unique, including their incredible team.”

https://foundersbrewing.com

###

2. Whyteboar

Whyteboar Meyvn (1,126) Jun 7, 2008 Michigan
    Society Trader

Thanks @Todd - I live 20 miles from there and am on their mailing list (Non-exclusive "Cadre") and I hear it here first.
    Ah well, I suspect Larry Bell inspired Mike Steven in his decision. Who knows. He helped bring a lot of good beer to us, I'll toast his semi retirement.

Cheers!

3. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,479) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

It will be interesting to see if the 'resident' Mahou guy who is the new CEO will make any changes in the brewery's operation.

Blogjackets and BigIronH like this.