Founders Brewing Co. to Release Dirty Bastard in Cans

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Todd, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (6,653) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

Dirty Bastard Now Available in “Dirty Dozen” 12-pack

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., October 29, 2015 – For the first time, Founders Brewing Co. will release its Scotch ale, Dirty Bastard, in a 12-pack of 12 oz. cans, labeled as the "Dirty Dozen". Dirty Bastard is one of the original beers made by Founders Brewing Co., saving them from the brink of bankruptcy and putting the brewery at the forefront of the extreme beer movement. The popular year-round Scotch ale is dark ruby in color and brewed with seven varieties of imported malts. It is complex in its finish, with hints of smoke and peat, paired with a malty richness and a right hook of hop power to give it the bad attitude worthy of its name.

“Dirty Bastard is the beer that put us on the right path,” said Dave Engbers, co-founder. “It’s the beer that gave us the confidence to brew beer for enthusiasts like ourselves instead of trying to brew beers for others. Now, we’re excited to offer it in cans.”

The Dirty Bastard “Dirty Dozen” 12-packs will be available in Founders taproom on November 4 and across Founders distribution network starting in November (dependent on distributor inventory) with a suggested retail price of $17.99.

About Founders Brewing Co.
    Established in 1997 by two craft beer enthusiasts—Dave Engbers and Mike Stevens—with day jobs and a dream, Founders Brewing Co. brews complex, in-your-face ales, with huge aromatics and tons of flavor. Founders ranks among the top 20 largest craft breweries in the U.S. and is one of the fastest growing. The brewery has received numerous awards from the World Beer Cup and the Great American Beer Festival and RateBeer and BeerAdvocate users often rate its beers among the best in the world. Located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, Founders is a proud member of the Michigan Brewers Guild. For more information, visit foundersbrewing.com.

###

Mmmkcr and foundersfan1 like this.
  2. Pantalones

Pantalones Devotee (464) Nov 14, 2014 Virginia

Dirty Bastard is probably one of my favorite beers so far -- wish Founders showed up in more places around here (the local beer/wine store that *does* carry a bunch of their beer rarely gets 12-packs it seems, so I'm not sure these packs will even show up there), I'd definitely buy one of these if I could find them.

3. A2HB

A2HB Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2013 Michigan

I do not like Dirty Bastard at all. For those of you that do this should be great news though

Backwoods Bastard on the other hand...I could drink gallons of that stuff

4. njcraftguy

njcraftguy Zealot (547) Apr 6, 2015 New Jersey

I'm a big Founders fan but Dirty Bastard is on of my least favorite brews. I am glad they are starting to can more beers, the All Day IPA 15 pack is a great deal.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  5. tillmac62

tillmac62 Poo-Bah (1,830) Oct 2, 2013 South Carolina
    Society

I'll be buying it on first sight.

6. Mark_Eck

Mark_Eck Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2014 Michigan

Heck yeah

7. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,791) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Very cool. Makes packing them into my luggage easier next time in their distro area :slight_smile:

jmdrpi and Lucular like this.
  8. Karnivool1

Karnivool1 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2014 Illinois
    Deactivated

Beer is good, but I can't see myself drinking that much of it to buy a 12 pk.

Too bad it's not Red's Rye as well.

A2HB likes this.
  9. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (8,379) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

that is definitely an advantage of cans!

10. matcris

matcris Meyvn (1,171) Sep 17, 2015 Arizona

This is a beer that has grown on me a lot. Bring on the cans.

MIbeer27 likes this.
  11. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (356) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

I'd pick a canned scotch ale over an ipa, with food, at a "tailgate" environment.

I bet the shelf life on these will be awesome, ie if it's old, it's fine. Smart choice.

12. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

Distribution to SoCal please.

13. NateDyk47

NateDyk47 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2015 Michigan

Will definitely be buying this!

14. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,060) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I was just reminded by this thread i have some dirty bastard left.

15. BalancingBrooms

BalancingBrooms Poo-Bah (1,801) Aug 22, 2013 Illinois
    Society Trader

When will I see cans of Red's Rye?

16. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (5,549) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Good move by Founders although I prefer beer out of bottles. To each, his own!

17. hopnado

hopnado Devotee (417) Aug 13, 2014 Michigan

This isn't a 12 pack kinda beer...strange move by Founders

BoneyardBrewer likes this.
  18. blivingston1985

blivingston1985 Aspirant (279) Jan 7, 2010 North Carolina

I felt this one always fell off faster than other Scotch ales due to the higher than normal IBU. Keeps the beer lively when its fresh, but makes it noticably stale when its not.

19. toymachine93

toymachine93 Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2014 Michigan

YES! finally i can carry more in one hand and its much more economical so it will all fit in my fridge!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.