Founders Cellar Raid 2016

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by UnionFederal, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnionFederal

UnionFederal Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2015 Michigan

2. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (5,369) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Dang. That is pretty neat! I'd love to see a list of what they'll be putting out, even though I won't be able to make it. Looking forward to pictures and reviews.

3. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

Sweet Repute XXX

4. BaseballNBeer

BaseballNBeer Initiate (126) Apr 22, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

That was so good last year on draft. I would love to get a bottle of it.

5. ryanschimmele

ryanschimmele Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2014 Michigan

Last year's cellar raid during the brew dogs taping remains the best single tap list for a single brewery I have ever been apart of. Hope they repeat it.

6. red94tt

red94tt Disciple (371) Nov 27, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

I attended one of the last days of their Raid earlier this year....so glad I did. I was able to try CBS, Sweet Repute XXX, BoylrMaker and a mini vert of 12-14 Backwoods. The CBS was so free flowing it felt like a friggin dream. No doubt in my mind, I'll be there again for '16.

I don't think they did. If I remember right, they basically released different bottles each day and you either had to stop up there to check, call or rely on some of the updates that were being posted in the '15 thread.

#6 red94tt, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  7. Pete811

Pete811 Initiate (0) May 13, 2013 Michigan

Guess I won't be showing up 20 minutes early this year and being number 12 in line for some kbs... first rule of cellar club is.. :wink:

8. UnionFederal

UnionFederal Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2015 Michigan

I seem to remember a posting like the one they have now except it had which bottles were being released and when. It was quickly removed and replaced with a more generic one like the one they have now. Either way, can't wait!

9. KBS

KBS Disciple (325) Apr 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Those of you in the cellar raid secret society know what to do....:wink: And not do...

docoman likes this.
  10. docoman

docoman Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2014 Michigan

Didn't go last year, plan to this year... do they pretty much release same beers each day or is it different each day? It's 2.5 hr drive for me so trying to plan out which day(s) might go. Thanks.

11. BaseballNBeer

BaseballNBeer Initiate (126) Apr 22, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

The day I went last year (Wednesday for Brew Dogs taping), all the beers were on tap all day. There were no timed tappings like they're advertising for KBS and CBS this year. The bottle releases were each day at open (11 AM) until they ran out. We missed KBS by 10 minutes.

docoman likes this.
  12. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

Bottle sales started on Weds, the bottles for sale coincided with what was on tap for the day, i.e. KBS vert weds, Imp Stout vert thurs, Backwoods vert Friday.

I could give a shit about the bottles, the taplist was what made last year awesome.

end_27, Zaphog and docoman like this.
  13. docoman

Thanks for information, I am also mostly interested in what awesome beers they'll have on tap.

end_27 likes this.
  14. docoman

Appreciate the feedback really look forward to some of their one off's. Thanks.

15. Matthouse3

Matthouse3 Initiate (131) Jun 29, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Care to share the lineup? Really interested to hear what was on.

16. BEERschlitz

Notables included CBS, KBS, Panther Cub, multiple vinates of BWB & Imperial Stout, a BB cranberry Stout (that was incredible), Sweet Repute XXX, some others I'm forgetting but their board was CRAMMED full for more than a few days that week.

17. Ckoz

Ckoz Aspirant (293) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

PANTHER CUBBB ZOMMGGGGGG

end_27 and BEERschlitz like this.
  18. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

I missed it last year, I will not be so foolish to miss it again. I need to finally get a chance at CBS.

19. SeanBond

SeanBond Meyvn (1,131) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

As someone who does not like coffee stouts, and was looking forward to dismissing CBS as "hype"...

Definitely get yourself some CBS. I still look forward to having it on tap again some day.

TheKlevin likes this.
  20. ryanschimmele

ryanschimmele Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2014 Michigan

I remember having cbs, kbs 13&14, bba cran, big luscious, backwoods 13 and sweet repute xxx

aclara likes this.
  21. OzzyFinnegan

OzzyFinnegan Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2015 Ohio

I wonder do they do a bottle release each day or will they run out before the 29th? either way i am super pumped at CBS but would love to bring some things home for some friends who can't make it.

22. red94tt

Trader

Check up a few posts (#12) to see how it worked last year. They released diff bottles every day and I'm willing to bet they do it the same for this year.

23. end_27

end_27 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2012 Illinois

Believe they also had BA Cran Cub, if I'm not mistaken. Was amazing when I tried it last.

24. Pete811

Pete811 Initiate (0) May 13, 2013 Michigan

They released bottles the third thru fifth days.. kbs/imperial/backwoods..

red94tt likes this.
  25. C3CCC

C3CCC Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 Michigan

Panther Cub is making an appearance? I'll take that over CBS....Had them both, but have been craving and clamoring for more Panther Cub!!

26. Jmorey

Hoping they post more details soon.

27. BEERschlitz

I think that was the one I was referring to. Forgot the name, but it was one of the better fruited Porter/Stouts I've had. Hoping for a couple new BA beers this year.

28. red94tt

Trader

You are correct, my bad.

29. Hezy

Hezy Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2014 Michigan

It does not say they will do any special bottles releases. Hope I am wrong.

30. BeerGreg

BeerGreg Disciple (353) May 17, 2013 Illinois

Double Trouble cellars pretty well here, i.e. it sits on the shelves for years in some places :slight_smile:

31. ColonelHopslam

panther cub is good, but not sure how you can prefer whats essentially a thinner version of CBS without coffee.

32. landrewg

landrewg Initiate (154) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

I have never heard 2 different opinions about a beer before.

Donco, C3CCC, NateDyk47 and 2 others like this.
  33. ColonelHopslam

Sure but his opinion is like saying the Toledo Mud Hens are better than the Detroit Tigers. It's an opinion, but it's wrong.

HopSavant and TallPaul07 like this.
  34. vette-ss

vette-ss Initiate (181) Nov 5, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Clearly there's only one opinion that is right though. Everyone else just doesn't know what they are talking about.....

C3CCC and SeanBond like this.
  35. landrewg

landrewg Initiate (154) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

That's YOUR opinion. (And the Hens might be better.)

36. NateDyk47

NateDyk47 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2015 Michigan

I'm so excited to attend this year. I'll be going for at least 2 of the days, maybe more. I'm an hour away in Lansing, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

37. bassfishingguy

bassfishingguy Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2014 Michigan

Upside of being laid off until February: Absolute freedom to attend each day of this event.
    Downside of being laid off until February: Figuring out how to pay for said enjoyment (and all of the badass verticals being released).

Realistically, I'll find a way to make it here daily and buy anything Founders is offering. As much as Founders irks me, their beer rarely (if ever) disappoints. It'd be really nice if their servers actually gave a shit a little more though (instead of acting like they're doing me the favor of selling me one of their great beers...).

38. Jmorey

Still hoping we get some more details on this soon. Even some times for the timed tappings would be glorious :slight_smile:

docoman likes this.
  39. Smokesnotes

Smokesnotes Initiate (171) Apr 26, 2014 Michigan

Last year everything was tapped when they opened except for CBS, which was tapped every 3 hours I think (Noon, 3, 6, 9), but after the first day or so, CBS stayed on consistently because they weren't going through a keg in the 3 hours. Too many choices.

40. Jmorey

good to know :slight_smile: as I wouldn't be able to get there until after work and GR is an hour away.

docoman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.