Founders Imperial Stout (2012)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Dec 11, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeowTom

MeowTom Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2012 Washington

I feel exactly the same, love both KBS and BB, but Imperial Stout on the shelves for a longer time is the gift that keeps on giving.

Scotchboy likes this.
  2. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2011 Michigan

They actually did this for Black Party 2011, which I unfortunately didn't attend, so you never know when it could make another appearance.

This is usually much much easier to come by than their other seasonals. Think closer to Breakfast Stout's availability as opposed to Backwoods.

skinsfan likes this.
  3. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Pooh-Bah (2,201) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah

Thank Christ because Backwoods was nigh impossible to get more than a single four-pack of (many stores had pack limits and sign-up sheets). Breakfast Stout, on the other hand, is still around.

4. MNPikey

MNPikey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not messing around this year. Buying two cases at first siting.

5. Romulux

Romulux Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2008 Michigan

ISO: 365 FIS and 365 PT5th! One of each per day and life is worth living! (leap year presents an issue)

dsal89 and MichPaul like this.
  6. Thickfreakness

Thickfreakness Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2010 New York

Down here where? ISO:

7. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2012 Illinois

The reviews are already in. The year's FIS is not as good as it was last year. I'll give it less than a day after the release before there is a thread claiming this.

8. Number45forever

Number45forever Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2012 Vermont

I plan on buying like 3-4 four packs, then putting them in the cellar. I didn't love this fresh, then a few weeks ago I had a year old bottle and it was maybe the best non-BA stout I've ever had. Another awesome beer from Founders, can't wait!

Dtrain4, StoutHunter and Rob-P like this.
  9. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2011 Michigan

It's all that artificial stout flavoring they've been using.

10. digdug1810

digdug1810 Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey

I like it fresh but yeah it's great with time on it, i don't plan to drink more than 1 fresh... stuff gets so nice and silky with age...mmm

Gehrig13 likes this.
  11. BB1313

BB1313 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,278) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I usually buy a 4pk, drink one fresh and age the rest. It ages with the best of them. It's too hot when fresh, IMO. This beer also has that thick milkshake/motor oil body which makes it fun to drink.

12. misterid

misterid Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2009 Wisconsin

up in GB we still have plenty from last year.

13. jageraholic

jageraholic Maven (1,378) Sep 16, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

There's a reason it didn't taste like KBS.

14. PsilohsaiBiN

PsilohsaiBiN Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2010 New York

Probably cause nothing else does...Gotta say though, this year's BCBCS knocked my socks off. Even at 14% I found it less boozy than KBS.

15. tectactoe

tectactoe Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

Excited to try this, haven't had it yet. Does anybody know if this will be as readily available as, say, Breakfast Stout? Or will it be harder to find? I live in SE Mich, so FBS is everywhere. But I'm not really sure how well the distribution is for FIS. Thanks!

16. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

I wish FIS sat on the shelves like it does for many of you.
    here in Richmond it lasts maybe a day or 2 then it's gone till next january...

bushycook likes this.
  17. PsilohsaiBiN

PsilohsaiBiN Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2010 New York

Doubt it will be, but it's just so damn drinkable. I got one(2011) as a gift after I bought a few vintage beers from this bar in Brooklyn. Definitely gonna pick up a 4 pack or 2 this year.

18. MichPaul

MichPaul Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Michigan

Of course I don't visit the same stores so I don't know exactly, but just like mjshearer1 said:
    "This is usually much much easier to come by than their other seasonals. Think closer to Breakfast Stout's availability as opposed to Backwoods."
    I agree. It's the same in the G.R. outlying areas and you live in Michigan, I bet it should be the same for you.
    I am salivating for both this and Plead The Fifth to come out again... I'll get a case of pt5th, and probably a couple 4packs of FIS. Plead is so much harder to get...

mjshearer1 and tectactoe like this.
  19. Preluderl

Preluderl Pooh-Bah (1,710) Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

How hard is this going to be to find?

20. surlytheduff

surlytheduff Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2010 Tajikistan

Just a minor correction - this release will be the 2013 release. The '2012' release was just about same release date (first of the year), but was a 12/29/2011 bottling date. The 2011 release was released late Feb/early March 2011 (2/9/2011 bottling date).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.