Founders Rübæus (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jun 6, 2013.

1. SawDog505

SawDog505 Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

I liked the Cerise, for a fruit beer I thought was awesome. Will definetly try this one also. Those little mini me hands would make mine look so BIG!

2. Buff0910

Buff0910 Jan 20, 2013 Alabama

Wanted to try it but at $12.49 I couldnt pull the trigger since I'm not much of a fruit beer fan.

3. douginromeo

douginromeo Apr 1, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

It's really good - a fruit beer for guys and girls imho.

Tlab3 and JimGraz like this.
  4. dvmin98

dvmin98 Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Just got me a 1/4 keg this morning. Gonna be a nice delicious summer!

semibaked and willth like this.
  5. mwgroove23

mwgroove23 Apr 14, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

If anyone wants this that can't get it where they're at, I have 4 4-packs of it.

6. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Just mixed this with Bell's Oarsman. I call it Michigan Raspberry Tart.

7. wvsabbath

wvsabbath Apr 29, 2010 West Virginia
    Beer Trader

Im so glad that founders decided to bottle this in 4-packs over cbs...................

8. Dizbro21

Dizbro21 Dec 28, 2010 Connecticut

Where in CT?

9. jbck109

jbck109 May 30, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Cheaper than the brewery...Nice!

PsilohsaiBiN likes this.
  10. jbck109

jbck109 May 30, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

When was RIS in 6-packs?

11. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Oct 19, 2006 Indiana
    Beer Trader

This is the most refreshing malt beverage I have had in a long time. The raspberry flavor is very fresh. It has a nice tart finish. It is so easy to quaff. I will buy more if I find it available.

PsilohsaiBiN likes this.
  12. malfunxion

malfunxion Dec 14, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

This had a great taste, but I drank the $10/10oz. draft in like a minute because it taste like juice. that is all.

13. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Jan 27, 2013 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Still waiting for this to hit VA. I'd love to have a few on this humid, summer day.

14. GophRube

GophRube Feb 26, 2013 Minnesota

Great summer beer.

15. MWolverines66

MWolverines66 Mar 13, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

got it this morning on Long Island

dar482 likes this.
  16. tommyz

tommyz May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

such an awesome beer...Im a huge fan of Cerise, but I may like this a bit better

JakerLou likes this.
  17. blkcld

blkcld May 19, 2010 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I know people have been knocking this beer in the reviews, but i have to say, not being a real fan of the style, i really enjoyed it. I did not think the carbonation was over the top, and the tartness of the beer with the raspberries came in a nice wave so was not over powering.

I was planning on drinking one last night then giving rest to friend, but ended up drinking 3 of them they went down so easily. Will definitely try more, and it is such a perfect hot weather beer, that i think they hit their mark close to spot on with this one

18. BradenMK

BradenMK Sep 24, 2012 Ohio

This was actually stunningly good in my opinion. Was blown away by the color and the flavor profile achieved. Very excited to get out there and try more "niche" fruit and/or sour beer styles.

19. crusian

crusian May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Picked up a 4 pack... Cloyingly sweet. a few ounces in and I was done. mixed in some ruination, for raspberry ruination, damn tasty... The other three are going into swing tops with jacobins cultured yeast to sour. can't stand to drink any more of this. all the positive posts in this thread were extremely misleading.

20. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Wow! Your ass must be sore. Seems like it should be about $5 for 10 oz? Nothing like a $48 4 pack!

21. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Feb 12, 2012 Georgia
    Moderator Subscriber Beer Trader

I thought it was okay.. Not a fan favorite and will be my only 4 pack I think.

I drank one last night after our cook out, and while I liked the tart fruit profile, I thought the body was too big on it. Thinner would have been better. It kinda turned into a cough syrup type of flavor about halfway through.

spike882 likes this.
  22. jaxon53

jaxon53 Mar 1, 2006 Connecticut
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Where you at buddy? A shit ton on the shelf at N.E.W.S. in Plainfield. Glad to see this come back. Not my favorite beer but I did enjoy it in '08.

23. Dizbro21

Dizbro21 Dec 28, 2010 Connecticut

I got some today in Milford @ The Loading Dock. They are chilling now, will open on first pitch for tonight Red Sox game

jaxon53 likes this.
  24. BBAVUSO21

BBAVUSO21 Jan 25, 2013 New York

This beer is great. Cracked a few for 4th. Wouldnt drink more than 1 or 2 though. Little too sweet for me

25. JakeEsterly

JakeEsterly Jan 27, 2013 Pennsylvania

It's a great beer! I really enjoyed it and gonna pick up more!

26. Doc_Hops

Doc_Hops Feb 5, 2013 Pennsylvania

had it on tap a few nights ago. Fantastic. They also had double trouble on tap. The two of them mixed is in-fucking-credible

27. Curloftheburl

Curloftheburl Apr 1, 2013 Connecticut

I got it at tonys in haddam if that helps

28. neophilus

neophilus Apr 4, 2009 Massachusetts

Finally found it in MA at Wegman's in Northborough on Friday but they only had 2 4-packs left on the shelf. I sure hope they distribute more of it. Any idea what the shelf life of this beer is?

29. Tmonk13

Tmonk13 Mar 13, 2012 Pennsylvania

I was given a bottle. Thank god I did not pay for it. I enjoy what they were going for but it was just way to sweet. I was expecting something more tart and crisp this more on the syurpy sweet side Kinda disappointed with it.... oh well cheers to those who enjoy it!

30. Janeinma

Janeinma May 24, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Redstone's in Stoneham, Ma had it on Friday, no limits and several cases on the floor. Georgio's in Billerica think they are getting it Tuesday. I bought two four packs and my. First one seemed a little sweet. I shall see if my perspective changes with the second.

Ganglani and JakerLou like this.
  31. dvmin98

dvmin98 Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

[​IMG] Gonna be a good summer

32. braugon

braugon Mar 14, 2013 Connecticut

accidentally froze one of four being impatient :oops:

33. a74gent

a74gent Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Waited patiently (which is a theme which will continue in this post) for it to come out after really enjoying it back in '08.....found it on tap at Ebenezer's this past weekend (which I also waited patiently to visit...and was probably the biggest disappointment of my beer life..must do a review tonight)....so sweet compared to how it was when last brewed. Good if you need to get a college girl drunk, but seriously...so sweeeet that it hurt...what did they do to my old friend. The rerelease of Blushing Monk while not quite as good as the original was still very good...this is barely reminiscient of the beverage I thought so highly of. R.I.P.....poor ol' Rubaeus.

34. brureview

brureview Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

West Roxbury at Gary's Liquors. They are on twitter. I haven't tried it.

35. Genuine

Genuine May 7, 2009 Connecticut

Northeast Wine and Spirits in Dayville, CT and I think Big Gary's in Putnam, CT

36. shnsajax

shnsajax Jul 2, 2013 Idaho
    Beer Trader

Has anyone spotted this in DFW yet?

37. gtermi

gtermi Apr 21, 2010 Texas

Idk if anybody will reply here, I'd ask in the southwest forum too

38. TimfromGR

TimfromGR Apr 11, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I did a half-Rubaeus, half-Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout mix the other day.

Not too shabby.

szmnnl99 and Dizbro21 like this.
  39. Ernest_Hooper

Ernest_Hooper Apr 23, 2012 Michigan

I'm a five minute drive from a four pack of Founders Imperial Stout (have to love off the path liquor stores) and a four pack of Rubaeus. I just might...

40. hellhammermario

hellhammermario Jun 18, 2012 North Carolina

Not a bad beer by any means whatsoever, but I just don't think it's my thing. Not a whole lot going on with this one, and I hope Mango Magnifico really kicks it up a notch.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe