Founders to Iowa

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by bditty187, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bditty187

bditty187 Poo-Bah (2,819) Jul 10, 2002 Nebraska
    Society

Good news... the rumors are true Founders is coming to Iowa. I can speak for the western part of the state (ie Council Bluffs) as it should be in stores around March 13th. All year round beers and seasonal to start with special release beers to follow. Awesome.

clarkm04 likes this.
  2. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Disciple (369) Oct 19, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Happy for you guys. They are truly one of the best breweries on the planet, their line is delicious top to bottom.

3. huskermike12

huskermike12 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2011 Vermont
    Deactivated

It is going to be distributed everywhere in Iowa from my understanding. 100% confirmed it is coming to the IC/CR area.

jayschares likes this.
  4. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Initiate (92) May 25, 2005 Nebraska

!!!

fantastic news.

5. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Disciple (351) Apr 30, 2010 Minnesota

As long as it means they are not leaving MN, I am happy to hear our neighbors to the south are going to be able to enjoy such awesome beer on a regular basis without the need to trade for it!

6. antlerwrestler19

antlerwrestler19 Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2010 Nebraska

I already drive across the river to Council Bluffs for Bells Brewing beers (as well as some other odds and ends) and now I've got even more incentive to make the trek - pretty stoked!

7. ballz50401

ballz50401 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2009 Iowa

This is GREAT!!! The email I sent them a year ago worked...lol! I just hope the distributing in the Mason City/Clear Lake area gets better. We still get short changed on a lot of great brews that are available in our state, but not here.:confused:

8. JediMatt

JediMatt Initiate (75) Jun 18, 2010 Iowa

Very cool! Always happy to see a new brewery start distributing here. :slight_smile:

9. redbird

redbird Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2008 Missouri

Good for Iowa! I could drink Founders Porter for days and days and years.

10. redblacks75

redblacks75 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2010 Iowa

Very excited about this as well. I had been pestering them on Twitter for about a year as well.

11. Rob-P

Rob-P Initiate (32) Feb 29, 2012 Iowa

Bump. Anyone seen this yet in IA?

12. mattafett

mattafett Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2009 Iowa

It will be in N.L. (Johncy's) on the 19th. Also Hoptimum will be there on the 3rd.

13. bditty187

Society

Founders is now in Council Bluffs, IA... fresh today.

redblacks75 likes this.
  14. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Initiate (92) May 25, 2005 Nebraska

you dont happen to have kbs do you...

15. DanH11

DanH11 Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2012 Illinois
    Deactivated

Is anyone else planning on going to the release party at Red's on the 20th?

16. bditty187

Society

No I don't.

17. woodchopper

woodchopper Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 Illinois

Yes I'm planning on a road trip to reds on the 20th hoping to bring with monkey911 and going to check with GraniteSkunk as see if they want to roll up for son tasty beers!

18. KAF

KAF Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2007 Iowa

I was, but I just heard that they're not getting in KBS, CBS or Better Half so I may just go the next day and see what is left. I love Founders beer (have been making beer runs to IL for the last several years to get their stuff), but I am not going to deal with the frenzy that always takes place at Red's when they have a special tap takeover when I've already tried everything that they're bringing in.

19. jjohnston884

jjohnston884 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2007 Iowa

Maybe we should set up our own Founders party? I got a breakfast stout, kbs, and backwoods bastard to offer and we could easily get sixers of the standards today or tomorrow.

20. huskermike12

Deactivated

Red's pretty much got screwed. Beer distribution in Iowa is awful.

redblacks75 likes this.
  21. redblacks75

I like the idea

22. redblacks75

Have we found out why on this one? It went from KBS, to CBS, now suddenly none of the good stuff. The lone exception is the Imperial Stout was added. I have had everything they are bringing tomorrow though.

23. huskermike12

Deactivated

The distributor apparently provided them with an inaccurate list of what they would be delivering (not once but twice). I am guessing this has something to do with all of the complaints surrounding the release date both at bars and retail (which has changed as well).

24. redblacks75

Beer politics, I'm not a fan.

huskermike12 likes this.
  25. RP3P0

RP3P0 Initiate (72) Jan 25, 2011 Missouri

If you blokes get All Day IPA I will be super jealous. We're not seeing that in St. Louis at this time.

26. huskermike12

Deactivated

Reds is getting All Day IPA according to their latest list per twitter.

27. KAF

KAF Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2007 Iowa

So did Fleck drop the ball? I heard a rumor that The Sanctuary threw some kind of fit over Red's getting the release and that is why the original date was moved back, but again that was just a rumor. I agree with redblacks75 that beer politics suck and in the IC area they seem to play a role more often than not.

It is unfortunate that Red's won't be getting KBS, CBS, Better Half, Nemesis or some other big beers from Founders, but All Day IPA is solid and from what I have heard will not be available in Iowa in bottles this year so if you haven't have it yet you may want to stop in and try it while it's here. At least we can be happy that Founders is here and hope that eventually they will send their bigger beers as well.

28. Rob-P

Rob-P Initiate (32) Feb 29, 2012 Iowa

I also heard the release was pushed back for the whole state due to one "offender." Was hoping to have some to enjoy with tourney games last weekend.

Picked up 6 pack of centennial IPA and reds rye p.a. today at hy vee on jordan creek pkwy in WDM. They also had bastard, porter, double trouble, and maybe one other. Looking forward to trying them. Any thoughts on any of those beers from anyone?

Possibly hy vee on mills civic has more as they usually have a much better selection. Didn't see any imperial stout...is that coming to IA as well?

Any truth to the rumor that Stone is coming to IA this year as well?

29. huskermike12

Deactivated

None of the specialty beers that have already been released are coming to IA.

30. bditty187

Society

What is Reds?

31. bditty187

Society

Rumor as far as I know. Hopefully Iowa will see Tallgrass and Green Flash sooner than later...

32. huskermike12

Deactivated

Craft Bar in North Liberty (just north of Iowa City)

33. redblacks75

Picked up today Dirty Bastard (my favorite Scotch Ale), Double Trouble, and Reds Rye (first time having this one). Despite all of the BS surrounding the release party, and what not. It looked really nice to see Founders prominently displayed right when I walked into Benz Beverage Depot today.

I almost always picked up something from Founders when I would travel out of state. This is going to be nice. Plus quite a few places are putting some of their releases on tap around here. Bonus!

34. mattafett

mattafett Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2009 Iowa

I got Dirty Bastard and Red's Rye on Monday fron Johncy's. What was the deal with John's getting it today (tues)??

35. bditty187

Society

Thanks for the info!

36. JediMatt

I saw Double Trouble, Dirty Bastard, Red RyePA, and one of the other IPA's at the Hyvee Drug Town at 42nd and Uni yesterday. No Cerise, which I was really hoping for. :slight_frown:

37. FreshHawk

FreshHawk Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 Illinois

Cerise isn't available until June per their website. So in a couple of months you should get your wish.

38. JediMatt

Ah, I thought it was one of their year-round brews. That gives me hope. Thanks!!

39. dckepley

dckepley Initiate (168) Aug 13, 2006 Iowa

It has arrived in Ames!!! Finally!!!

40. redblacks75

The Porter has almost vanished already in Cedar Rapids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.