Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Germany Frankenstube in Berlin: Closed?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by mike004, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike004

mike004 Sep 12, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

Is the place in Berlin that sells Franconian/Southern German beer still open.
    I think it was called Frankenstube, and may have been on Otto-Suhr-Allee, not far from Luisenbrau.

2. FrankenBier

FrankenBier Feb 4, 2003 California

There is the Fränkische Botschaft ( Hohenstaufenstr 8, Schöneberg) run by Fritz Zappe. I don't have any recent information but the Facebook page has had some updates in the past month. I haven't been there but have shared beers with Fritz in Bamberg...

3. mike004

mike004 Sep 12, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

>Fränkische Botschaft<
    Is that just a bottle shop?

4. FrankenBier

FrankenBier Feb 4, 2003 California

I haven't been there but from Fritz described to me it was more of a grocery type store. But I was under the influence of Schlenkerla Ur-bock at time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe