Fremont Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by John_M, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ppilot

ppilot Initiate (89) Jul 17, 2009 Oregon

Hoplandia and Saraveza both had bottles as of an hour ago.

2. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,332) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

I'm heading over there now. Ha ha...

beertunes likes this.
  3. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (4,548) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

John, Arch Bridge also posted at 7pm that they got some

4. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Thanks Dyan. This time of the night, that's too far a drive, but the MofC @derfron mentioned is right up the street and still had a single bottle on the shelf. Much obliged for the notification.

5. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,316) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Society Trader

Yesterday afternoon, the UBG was out of B3K on tap. The bartender encouraged me to try Chuck's or the Beer Junction, but it kind of seemed like he was grasping at an idea, not that he knew anything for sure.

kemoarps and beertunes like this.
  6. dphi

dphi Initiate (108) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Really wishing I had checked this site after dinner last night.

7. DefenCorps

Society Trader

It should be showing up at Whole Foods soon, per my chat with the beer person at the Tanasbourne store.

Mercle likes this.
  8. ppilot

Brew 3k is on tap at Final Draft Taphouse for all you north of the river folk

9. Joshbiir

Joshbiir Initiate (39) Dec 8, 2016 Washington

It is on at mammoth tonight.

10. Mercle

Mercle Initiate (67) Feb 9, 2013 Oregon

Fremont (Brew 3000) bottles made it to. Salem. I don’t know if this thread had anything to do with it, but I want to express my immense gratitude. Super stoked about this! Cheers!

11. dphi

dphi Initiate (108) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Heard somebody waited for Costco to put theirs out and promptly cleaned them out.

12. derftron

derftron Disciple (334) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon

shitlords gonna shitlord *shrug*

13. KevSal

KevSal Savant (999) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

heard we will finally start seeing fremont bottles in the bay area, anyone know if b3k will make it to cali? fingers crossed!

14. ChugChugPass

ChugChugPass Initiate (66) Jun 16, 2017 Washington
    Trader

It's in SoCal already.

15. DefenCorps

Society Trader

For those on the westside (way west), ABV in Hillsboro had bottles last night. I couldn't make it out there, so can't provide details on limits and availability.

16. ppilot

So snagged a 4oz pour of Brew 3000 at Final Draft last night in Vancouver and thought it was pretty damn good though I don't think I could have finished a larger pour size. Ben's Bottle Shop also has it on draft for those that are interested.

17. guajolote

guajolote Aspirant (288) Sep 12, 2008 Oregon

Yet Salem, OR has none. I, for one, am shocked.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox. Just spinning my wheels at this point anyway.

distantmantra and beertunes like this.
  18. Mercle

Mercle Initiate (67) Feb 9, 2013 Oregon

Hey my man, see my earlier post. Some did land in Salem. Briefly.

19. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (5,985) Sep 24, 2007 Montserrat
    Trader

SoCal, but not Bham (except for the most expensive place in town)? Oh well, I didn't get B2K either.....

20. guajolote

guajolote Aspirant (288) Sep 12, 2008 Oregon

I humbly retract my previous statement.

edit: And I apparently missed this whole page previous to my post.

#140 guajolote, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  21. ChugChugPass

Trader

Your Costco would have gotten cases just like every other Costco; probably Whole Foods if you have them up there, other nicer grocery stores.

I would not assume only that jackass markup shop got them, according to people who have ins with the distributor it was pretty widely and evenly distributed.

beertunes likes this.
  22. derftron

Just gonna chime in here that i think Fremont, Block 15, and Ft George do a kick ass job of widely distributing their beer and maintaining extremely high standards. pFriem as well.

kudos!

23. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (123) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

Just snagged a bottle of B3K here in So Cal. Stoked to finally taste this barleywine!

24. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,125) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

Maybe this has been addressed before and I missed it, but has Fremont confirmed that B1K, B2K, and B3K are the same recipes, essentially different vintages of the same beer? It would make sense, but I guess I started with the assumption that they were unique beers in the same style.

kemoarps, ewendel and StrangerBrews like this.
  25. Hozemeen

Hozemeen Initiate (37) Feb 21, 2018 Washington
    Trader

This will only tell you so much, but every vintage the ingredients have been: Maris Otter Pale and Carafa 2 Special malts with White Wheat and Magnum and Golding hops. (It's right there on the labels/website.)

Barrels, time, craft, and
    other vagaries still shape
    the final product.

kemoarps, Naikoon, vurt and 3 others like this.
  26. fiery1

fiery1 Initiate (47) Sep 16, 2015 British Columbia (Canada)

B3k still available anywhere in Wa?

27. beertunes

Trader

It did not hit WF, or the Food Coop. I don't know about Costco, as I'm not a member. AFAIK, it only hit ES.

28. Erik-P

Erik-P Savant (968) Aug 19, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Trader

I heard it did hit the co-op, but was cleaned out pretty quick. Also rumors of some places expecting delivery next week..

29. ChugChugPass

Trader

I believe you don’t need a membership to buy alcohol at Costco, state law or something.

30. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,114) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

Let's not forget about HFOD series, having a v.9, very nice brew.:slight_smile:

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

kemoarps and vurt like this.
  31. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (264) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

I nearly literally bumped into Mr. Abbey at Bottleworks this past weekend while we both were saying our goodbyes to Greg at Bottleworks; he asked me to let ya'll know that he appreciated the kind responses to his farewell message, which he checked in on after retiring his account. It was not his request for this message to be anything more, but it sounds like he plans to leave the region once he finishes up his degree, which–I gather–has taken up the majority of his waking and non-waking hours for some time. I hope to run into him again before his departure, less serendipitously this time, perhaps. Maybe we'll raise a Fremont beer at that time. And, if not, I'll raise one anyway—if not only to keep this post somewhat on-topic. :beers:

kemoarps, mv945, Naikoon and 11 others like this.
  32. AlohaStyle

AlohaStyle Initiate (81) May 28, 2010 Washington

Greene's Corner got some?

beertunes likes this.
  33. AlohaStyle

AlohaStyle Initiate (81) May 28, 2010 Washington

I'm assuming you are talking to Beertunes and Bham... The Bham Costco never/rarely gets any of the more HTF beers like the Seattle metro area gets. Whole Foods in Bham is worthless as well. Hit or miss... miss more often.

beertunes likes this.
  34. beertunes

Trader

Dunno. Haven't been in there in almost a year. I did find a bottle (and, no, I am not giving up my new honey hole), so, life goes on.

BTW, good to see ya chiming back in buddy! let's grab a pint soon!

35. ChugChugPass

Trader

Word was every single Costco in the state got B3K. People drove out to the boonies to get cases.

36. beertunes

Trader

As you mentioned upthread, in some states, you do not have to be a member to buy alcohol at Costco. I don't believe (and, it's just a belief, based on being turned away at the door for not having a card. Theoretically, one is also supposed to be able to access the food court without a membership too, but I might be wrong on that. Or, maybe the door folks at mine [being the one closest to Canadia] are extra vigilant. Shrug. As a single guy, a membership doesn't work for me. I don't need to haul a ton of toilet paper from apartment to apartment every so often. :wink: ) but, Costco didn't spend all that money on the spirits initiative a few years ago (which I agreed with. Why is the gubmint in the retail industry?) to not look out for their own interests?

Shrug. Such are life. There's more beer out there. To quote my avatar: NO FOMO BROTATOCHIP! :wink:

37. Erik-P

Erik-P Savant (968) Aug 19, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Trader

Checked in at Greenes over the weekend.. didnt see any B3k but they did have B2k on shelf for $70/bottle.. also some infected 15 bcbs if anyones getting low on that...

beertunes and Mercle like this.
  38. derftron

For any Portland folks. New Seasons on SW Beav Hills Hwy has brew 3000. Maybe 5 bottles left.

Probably means a few other New Seasons around town got some as well. Good luck !

39. derftron

*whispers* ............ there are still B3K bottles at the New Seasons in SW portland

40. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Good to know.

While I'm very happy with the availability of B3K bottles this year, I'm surprised I haven't seen it on tap anywhere yet. At least not so far.

Maybe they didn't keg much of it this time around?