Fremont Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by John_M, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ppilot

ppilot Initiate (98) Jul 17, 2009 Oregon

This is weird as two places in Vancouver had it on tap. Hell it lasted at Final Draft for a full week

2. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,460) Oct 25, 2003 China
    Moderator Society Trader

Yeah, I thought for sure I'd see it on tap at Belmont Station, Beer Mongers, Tin Bucket or Arch Bridge (as all of these places seem to have a good relationship with Fremont and sell a lot of their beer). So far though, nada.

3. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (360) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

Bridgetown Beerhouse put it on last Wednesday. It was still pouring as of yesterday.

John_M likes this.
  4. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (228) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon

Imperial bottle shop on Alberta got a couple cases of Brew3000 today if anyone is still looking.

John_M and NedStarkravingmad like this.
  5. pwdbyhops

pwdbyhops Aspirant (209) Apr 1, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

How much was the cost of Brew 3k per bottle?

6. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,344) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

$25, with tax.

7. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Much obliged for the tip.

8. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,347) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Society Trader

I saw it at $22 per bottle.

9. AlohaStyle

AlohaStyle Initiate (88) May 28, 2010 Washington

Ha, my comment was tongue in cheek... you said the most expensive place in town got some. Well, that's Green's Corner, lol. And I don't go there either, because of it. I've met the wife/owner a couple times as she does catering, and I flat out told her why I refuse to go into her business.

And most definitely about the pint. But I rarely have time to enjoy a pint anywhere as my 2 young kids keep me too damn busy with their sports/activities!?! Funny thing is, and I feel bad for forgetting your friends name who I met a while back, but I know his sister. She goes out to the Sudden Valley church and I just happened to see them together in line at Structures 2 weekends ago. They immediately left so I didn't get a chance to talk with them, but asked his sister why she was there and I learned they were bro and sister. You've probably met her, I guess she hits the breweries quite often too. :slight_smile:

beertunes likes this.
  10. beertunes

Trader

Probably Dan. And I forget her name as well.

And, GC isn't egregiously more expensive than the Store Who Shall Not Be Named, on most things. Whereas STSNBN, is overpriced on almost everything.

sharpski likes this.
  11. AlohaStyle

AlohaStyle Initiate (88) May 28, 2010 Washington

They probably aren't bad on more regular stuff, but they definitely jack the price on limited stuff that is popular like Fremont Bombers. Last Winter I gave them one last chance and called them when BBomb, or some other Fremont bomber just hit Bham and the owner said yes he has them... $30. Pfft... 40+% higher than standard retail. That's all I need to know... no thanks.

kemoarps, sharpski and beertunes like this.
  12. beertunes

Trader

GC or ES?

13. WolverineFan1243

WolverineFan1243 Aspirant (233) Feb 15, 2016 Colorado
    Trader

I’m in Seattle for the day. Anywhere that I can grab a brew 3k draft pour around town?

14. VashonGuy

Society Trader

It's very unlikely. The brewery itself ran out on tap about two or three days after release, and I haven't myself seen any mention of it being on tap around Seattle since. There seem to be scattered reports from Oregon. All the Untappd checkins recently seem to be from folks with bottles. Sorry about that.

15. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

My guess is that there might be some places that still have kegs, but are waiting for a special occasion to tap them. Here in PDX (for example), neither Arch Bridge or Tin Bucket have tapped a keg of B3K, and I'd bet a dollar to donuts that both places got kegs (as they both typically receive a good supply of Fremont BA goodies, which they usually hold for a special occasion). I don't know the Seattle beer scene nearly as well, but I'll bet there are also some places up there holding onto a B3K keg for the right moment.

Would be a complete matter of luck to come across a place like that today.

WolverineFan1243 likes this.
  16. ChugChugPass

ChugChugPass Initiate (67) Jun 16, 2017 Washington
    Trader

I saw someone posting from Eureka in U-Village that they were having an on-site bottle; they tend to last there because you have to ask.

I remember randomly asking what they had last year and they had a 2014 Bourbon County; to offset the AB/In-Bev Purcahase we also got a bottle of B-Bomb lol

kemoarps and WolverineFan1243 like this.
  17. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (267) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

A friend just had a pour at Beer Authority, I believe.

18. VashonGuy

Society Trader

Good spot, @jpbebeau. I see that Brew3000 is listed on their taplist at this very moment. Get yourself out to Lake City, @WolverineFan1243!

kemoarps, jpbebeau, NWer and 3 others like this.
  19. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,058) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

That would be me. The Shambles also has it on tap.

jpbebeau likes this.
  20. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (267) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

I thought that was your dad's pour. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

distantmantra likes this.
  21. distantmantra

Trader

Well yeah, but when you're family it's all good.

kemoarps, jpbebeau and ChugChugPass like this.
  22. shelby415

shelby415 Champion (879) Oct 10, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

Tin Bucket has it but hasn't tapped it yet. I'd guess others do too.

23. NWer

NWer Crusader (780) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

Skagit Valley co-op has a shit ton of b-bomb coconut if someone up that way is still looking for it

kemoarps and beertunes like this.
  24. beertunes

Trader

And...., how would you know?

25. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

The wife and I will be up in Woodinville hunting Easter eggs this weekend, so this got my attention. Except it looks like it's still another hour drive to get up there. Too bad, as I don't think I can make it up that far on Saturday.

beertunes likes this.
  26. beertunes

Trader

Being tulip season, you should plan on 90+ minutes. Any other time, hour is a bit on the long side. Especially once ya get clear of Everett/Marysville. Basically, Skookum-Farmstrong is a touch over a half-hour, given good conditions.

kemoarps and 66jzmstr like this.
  27. NWer

Granddaughter played Mount Vernon in tennis - and won 6-3, 6-0 by the way. Stopped in for lunch and what a surprise. I picked up one more for my cellar but you can have it John. I already have a few.

beertunes, kemoarps and jpbebeau like this.
  28. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Just might take you up on that Larry. Cheers, and thanks!

beertunes, kemoarps and NWer like this.
  29. derftron

derftron Disciple (352) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon

Brew 3000 bottles at new Seasons on SW Beav Hills Hwy. They must have received another box. Didnt buy any as im already sitting on 3.

kemoarps likes this.
  30. ppilot

ppilot Initiate (98) Jul 17, 2009 Oregon

I've seen it on tap a bunch of different places around town as well. Definitely not as hard to find on draft.

31. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Likewise. Grabbed a glass over at Belmont Station on Sunday. Still really good (though I wish they wouldn't serve it quite so cold).

32. imposterzilla

imposterzilla Initiate (83) Jan 23, 2019 Washington

Rumor is a few high end bottle shops in the Pierce County and King County area have kegs of B3K. And are saving it for special occasions and one in particular is sharing it with people in the biz from what I heard.

33. Raj

Raj Aspirant (290) Jun 25, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

I believe The Shambles has it on tap (at least they did last week). And you don’t have to a be a super special VIP to get a pour.

derkruk likes this.
  34. NWer

Ah The Shambles. I've been meaning to check it out for quite a while ever since Penguin and others talked about it several months ago. This might just be the excuse I need.

Erik-P, Raj, vurt and 1 other person like this.
  35. beertunes

Trader

Just grabbed a can Fremonts BBW beer, a Helles. Will drink it and report back later.

vurt, NWer, 66jzmstr and 1 other person like this.
  36. distantmantra

Trader

I had a Helles at Fremont a while back, I’m guessing it’s the same beer, just now in cans. It was really nice.

kemoarps, beertunes and vurt like this.
  37. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (4,678) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

My first reaction was puzzled excitement at the thought of a canned bourbon barleywine named Helles.

38. Ma9573

Ma9573 Initiate (106) Feb 21, 2017 California

I have enjoyed the HFOD beers from Fremont over the last few years when my work schedule has allowed me to be in Seattle near a release. I will be up in Seattle on the 22nd, and was hoping to get my hands on some of the V11 released today. Does it typically sell out right away?

39. distantmantra

Trader

You should be fine, and if it’s gone at the brewery you’ll find it around town in stores.

40. NWer

The better stores. ftfy

kemoarps and Ma9573 like this.