Fremont Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by John_M, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Initiate (122) Mar 6, 2007 Washington

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, it doesn't typically sell it out in a day. It becomes fairly widely available around town not too long after this release. I know of several places around Seattle with the previous year's iterations.

Where in Maine are you from bub? (Maine native here in the Pac NW). Enjoy your visit!

kemoarps and JuanFushashi like this.
  2. NWer

NWer Initiate (0) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

No. Don't expect lines for BBADS like other releases. In fact there is still plenty of 2018 floating around in better beer stores. Lack of lines doesn't detract from fact it's a mighty fine beer though.

3. JuanFushashi

JuanFushashi Initiate (156) Feb 5, 2011 Maine
    Trader

South Portland! Originally from Boston, but my partner is from Cape Elizabeth, so I’m trying to earn my Mainer stripes still.

Jinxed and BBThunderbolt like this.
  4. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (9,923) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Oh crap, another Masshole!

:wink:

kemoarps and JuanFushashi like this.
  5. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,197) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

No, it's grocery store level beer now. Not in terms of quality but how easy it is to find. We should all be happy about this.

Also, don't you dare sleep on the fresh hops. That's the reason for the season.

kemoarps, Texwild, kingsleyr and 7 others like this.
  6. WA_Brian

WA_Brian Initiate (184) Nov 17, 2015 Washington

It goes fresh hop season, then pumpkin season, then stout season. You missed pumpkin season, @Texwild.

kingsleyr likes this.
  7. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Uh, fuck punkin season. Just blend all the punkin beers with all the coffee beers, and send that shit to China.

I realize that that would be an act of war, but, it's a worthy cause.

Selz202, Spikester, kingsleyr and 3 others like this.
  8. Joshbiir

Joshbiir Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2016 Washington

@Texwild I'm excited for the new bb dark star variant this year but I'm a huge spice wars fan. Opened a 2018 tonight to watch baseball with and it's phenomenal. Will we see spice wars again???

brandonwnw and sharpski like this.
  9. derftron

derftron Devotee (447) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon

Arch bridge has 2015 Dark Star on tap!

jakecattleco, sharpski, vurt and 2 others like this.
  10. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

OT: everytime I see your avatar, I think that dude is eating a waffle, and I get hungry for waffles.

redeemer, ewendel, shnsajax and 8 others like this.
  11. NWer

Stogies and Hops just sprung loose with b3000 and the dark star derivatives. Is it showing up anywhere else?

BBThunderbolt and Joshbiir like this.
  12. Joshbiir

The new variant is very trucking good.

13. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Chevy? Ford? Kenworth?

kemoarps likes this.
  14. Joshbiir

Hemmy.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  15. wsucoug96

wsucoug96 Initiate (94) May 18, 2010 Washington
    Trader

I just want to say thank you to Fremont (and Texwild). I'm a Nationals fan (former Expos fan), and since the release of Head Full of Fresh Hops, the team was undefeated when I drank HFoFH—I had at least a can during every Nationals playoff victory from the NLCS through tonight's championship-clinching win. The only games of those 11 that I didn't have HFoFH? When I went to DC for Games 3-4 (and was flying home during Game 5). I should have taken cans with me on the trip and snuck one into the stadium; stupid oversight on my part. But my wife and I knew good things would happen when we started cracking them during all of the other games—and good things DID happen. What a year! What a beer!

Texwild, jakecattleco, vurt and 9 others like this.
  16. derftron

Sitting in Bier Stein in Eugene finishing some work before the drive back to PDX and after an hour they clear off some shelf space and put out Rusty Nail and the Dark Star trio. Yoink! Don’t mind if i do.

So safe to say the eagles have landed in PDX

Texwild, kemoarps, NWer and 4 others like this.
  17. Arsenal_MC

Arsenal_MC Initiate (89) Feb 25, 2013 District of Columbia
    Trader

So I'll be in Seattle for Thursday afternoon till Friday afternoon before heading up to Vancouver.

Any place to pick up Brew 3000 or other limited Fremont? Does the brewery have any at the moment? THanks!

18. distantmantra

Trader

Brew 3000 is long gone, you won't find it around unless you set up a trade. You'll be able to find Regular KDS along with the Coffee and Chocolate/Maple/Vanilla variants, though.

edit: Looks like the brewery has Regular and Coffee bottles still, but the CMV variant is easily found around town at shops.

sirkulation, kemoarps and mogulskier like this.
  19. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

I haven't looked lately, but last time I did, Greene's Corner in Bellingham still had a few bottles of B3000. $75/bottle.

kemoarps and JonnyBeers like this.
  20. derftron

$75 a bottle???/ lmao wtf. That beer just came out within the last year, how do they think a 300% markup is ok?

FYI - the MoC in Eugene had B3000 on the shelf for $22. Thats a long way from Seattle

kemoarps likes this.
  21. distantmantra

Trader

There's some in a store in Idaho that got put in with the wine. That's funny.

kemoarps, vurt and BBThunderbolt like this.
  22. NWer

ouch

23. NWer

On your way out of town, stop at Stogies and Hops. It's only a short distance off the freeway and they always have a large selection of barrel aged stuff from Fremont. They even had B3000 a few days ago but is probably long gone by now. They have it on tap though last I checked.

24. Arsenal_MC

Arsenal_MC Initiate (89) Feb 25, 2013 District of Columbia
    Trader

Would you
    Would you be able to suggest one or two likely shops in the Pike Place Market general area?

25. distantmantra

Trader

26. drinkin-beeers

drinkin-beeers Disciple (368) Jan 29, 2014 Montana

Damn it was only $20 here in MT

27. Snrubnivek

Snrubnivek Initiate (117) Apr 16, 2016 California
    Trader

@derftron do you know which Eugene location that was that you saw B3000? I think there's a few MOC, right? Thanks, I appreciate it.

28. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (6,171) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

Anyone try the new Chocolate Vanilla Maple Dark Star? I usually give beers like this a pass, except for small pours on tap, but Fremont are one of the few folks that can pull it off and so, I'm tempted to look (hard) for a bottle.

kemoarps, mogulskier and jason_nwx like this.
  29. derftron

28th and Willamette.

kemoarps likes this.
  30. Snrubnivek

Snrubnivek Initiate (117) Apr 16, 2016 California
    Trader

31. itracy63

itracy63 Disciple (375) Apr 20, 2013 Washington

I’m typically of the mindset that the more adjuncts, the less I like a beer, and this didn’t really change my mind. To me they cancel each other out, plus I’ve never thought maple really paired well with chocolate or vanila. The only thing I like maple with in a beer is coffee. All that being said, it’s Fremont we’re talking about and this beer is still REALLY good! FWIW, my favorite KDS is usually regular KDS, but this year it’s the coffee variant.

32. derftron

Fremont has certainly earned my trust when it comes to variants. Honestly when it comes to blending adjunct flavors into beers, there isnt another brewery that even comes close IMO

kemoarps, mogulskier, Texwild and 3 others like this.
  33. drone

drone Disciple (388) Jun 17, 2013 Oregon
    Trader

The new variant is on the sweet side, but doesn't veer too deeply into the bakery aisle for me. I liked it enough to pick up a bottle which I'm interested to taste in 6-9 months.

As per usual, the coffee and regular KDS this year is out of this world. It feels like the coffee changed; either different roaster, different blend/origin, something. It's damn good regardless.

kemoarps, 66jzmstr and distantmantra like this.
  34. NathanA

NathanA Initiate (0) Sep 26, 2015 Idaho

Uhh...do tell...where exactly is this place? :astonished:

35. distantmantra

Trader

I have no clue, I just saw a picture of it on a Facebook group last month.

kemoarps, BBThunderbolt and NathanA like this.
  36. NathanA

NathanA Initiate (0) Sep 26, 2015 Idaho

Dang. Probably somewhere in Boise, then, or elsewhere in southern ID, which is of no use to me... :stuck_out_tongue:

If you happen to remember which group, I'll try to find it, and if it's close to me and they have quantity, maybe I can find a way to share the wealth!

37. mogulskier

mogulskier Initiate (150) Feb 3, 2019 California

Not yet. I was able to get a bottle (one only) so I want to wait. I mentioned in another thread that Fremont Brewing's Barrel Aging program doesn't take a back seat to anyone so I expect nothing less here. Still on the fence on how long to cellar it, but man, I am tempted. Sounds so delicious.

DefenCorps likes this.
  38. mogulskier

mogulskier Initiate (150) Feb 3, 2019 California

I am not a fan of Barleywines, but the bottle shop owner insisted I buy the last bottle of Brew 3000 and I am sure glad I listened to him. No regrets. One of the most memorable beers I ever tasted. What a treat!

Again, Fremont Brewing and their Barrel Aging program just continuously knocks it out of the park every single time.

NathanA, shnsajax, itracy63 and 4 others like this.
  39. distantmantra

Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.