Fremont expansion and information/news about Fremont Brewing

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Aug 2, 2014.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (4,593) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

EdwardAbbey likes this.
  2. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Poo-Bah (4,793) Feb 20, 2009 Washington

Great news!

3. sharpski

sharpski Champion (825) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Fingers crossed for the OR distro announcement...

Raimalise and Magbas like this.
  4. beertunes

Beer Trader

Greedy much?

sharpski likes this.
  5. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,408) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Awesome news. They deserve every bit of success they're having.

kemoarps and sanford_and_son like this.
  6. sharpski

Beer Trader

Bend beers available in WA: Ale Apothecary, Boneyard, Crux, Deschutes, Goodlife, 10 Barrel
    WA beers available in OR: Elysian, Old Schoolhouse, No-Li, Georgetown, Dick's, Pike, Redhook

My little town's exports compared to the whole state of WA's, and I'm the greedy one? :)

vurt likes this.
  7. beertunes

Beer Trader

Yup.

8. sharpski

Beer Trader

Then in that case, gimme Boundary Bay, Black Raven, E9, and Bale Breaker while you're at it.

itsThatBoyE and beertunes like this.
  9. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Oregon

You forgot that we also get Hilliards... so pretty much a wash.

BuckeyeOne likes this.
  10. beertunes

Beer Trader

As soon as I see Boneyard, Ale Apothecary, Silver Moon, and Crux in Hamsterham with some regularity, we'll see.

11. distantmantra

distantmantra Savant (981) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

AA is not available in WA.

beertunes likes this.
  12. lordofthelambics

lordofthelambics Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Washington
    Beer Trader

You can have Deschutes, Crux, Goodlife and 10 Barrel back.

13. beertunes

Beer Trader

Jeez, you're tough. Deschutes, Crux, and 10 Barrel are welcome to set up shop in Bellingham anytime. I don't really have an issue with Goodlife either.

14. sharpski

Beer Trader

I know it's not distributed there, but I thought Paul did a Seattle drop for Ale Club members.

Ouch man. I'm pretty proud of my local breweries and can appreciate that not everyone feels like I do, but if Dissident, Crux Mosaic IPA, and German Sparkle Party don't do anything for you, I can tell we're not going to agree on much. I'll admit Goodlife was thrown in there to pad the stats. :)

Uh-uh. You already get Deschutes. When I see Boundary Bay or any of the newer Whatcom scene here, I'll send another brewery up. Quid pro quo.

beertunes likes this.
  15. beertunes

Beer Trader

I'll give ya Aslan.

NWer, mactrail and sharpski like this.
  16. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,336) May 12, 2005 Washington
    Beer Trader

Needed a thread to bump re: Fremont.

They were pouring Bbomb/KDS/Old Bridge at GABF with no lines (the masses are too busy still waiting in line at wicked weed). I was attending with 4 Denver residents who collectively had about 30 pours at their table. Also the spruce/elderflower (bottled) version of the Brother that was served at "Beers Made by Walking" was fantastic!

I muled out cans of cowiche canyon and the brother and bottles of BBW #3 for my friends who also stumbled upon sixers of interurban and bonfire that were one-time distributed through Crooked Stave for GABF - going to be a good fall for a number of lucky Denver residents.

Cheers, Fremont.

17. CaptainQ

CaptainQ Aspirant (271) Feb 17, 2013 Washington

Cheers indeed. Congrats on their silver medals.

Now bring on the Sister cans!

18. distantmantra

Beer Trader

That Sister can sitting in the UBG is always taunting me.

I was wondering how the Fremont cans showed up on store shelves in Colorado, saw that on Twitter and was confused.

19. jae

jae Initiate (188) Feb 21, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I was there this past weekend and the new space looks great. And the KDS was flowing. Any one headed out there for the official opening thing next Saturday?

20. John_M

John_M Moderator (5,496) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Hopefully!

I'm planning to leave Eugene early on Saturday, and hopefully getting up to the brewery by noon.

21. distantmantra

Beer Trader

I'll be there with my wife and daughter. Not that different than a normal weekend for us.

NWer and BuckeyeOne like this.
  22. beertunes

Beer Trader

I'll find out later today if I have to work. If I don't, I'll be down.

23. jae

Beer Trader

I think I'll swing by with my daughter after her ballet class. Curious about the special taps.

24. distantmantra

Beer Trader

UBG West

1. UPA
    2. IPA
    3. Wheat
    4. Dark Star
    5. Cowiche FH
    6. Cowiche FH Mosaic
    7. Interurban FH (Citra)
    8. Bonfire
    9. Harvest
    10. Kolsch
    11. Soda
    12. Porter
    UBG East

1. Soda
    2. Cowiche FH
    3. Cowiche FH Mosaic
    4. Interurban FH (Citra)
    5. Wheat
    6. Harvest
    7. Kolsch
    8. Trifecta
    9. Porter
    10. Dark Star
    11. UPA
    12. IPA
    13. Bonfire
    14. Randall #1
    15. KDS
    16. Westland Rye Saison
    17. OBR (1/4 barrel)
    18. Brother
    19. Brew 1000
    20. 1st Nail (Rusty)

sanford_and_son and sharpski like this.
  25. jae

Beer Trader

Oh yeah.

26. John_M

Beer Trader

So OK. I'm definitely going to the event on Saturday, but obviously I can't try everything on the list (no matter how much I might want to). The GF said she'd do the driving, but even so, there's only so much I can drink. I definitely want to try the Cowiche stuff, the FH interuban, the rusty nail and OBR. If the pours are small, maybe I can finish with a glass of KDS. Anything else that is "must try" on the list? Also, does anyone know if Fremont will be doing sampler trays or sampler pours of these beers? I'd love to try as many beers as possible on the list, but there's only so much I can drink (and remain fairly sober).

This will be my first visit to Fremont Brewing, and I don't know that area of town all that well. What's the parking like around the brewery and beer garden? I've been to the Red Door and Brouwer's, and it's usually a chore to find parking around those places. Is it pretty much the same deal around Fremont Brewing?

Kurmaraja likes this.
  27. beertunes

Beer Trader

Yeah, park where ya can. Thankfully, everything you mentioned is within a few blocks, so it's not much of a hike. BTW, what time do you think you'll be there John? I don't have to work, but could use the hours. And, I've got another event that my presence has been strongly requested at, but I'm leaning towards coming down for this.

Edit: looks like there's Greyhound schedule that works for me (gets to Stewart st 10:30ish, leaves northbound 4:15ish) hows the metro during those times on weekends? If I plan at being at Fremont 12-3ish, that should be plenty of cushion, right?

#27 beertunes, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  28. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Crusader (767) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

Parking sucks in that area on Saturdays. With that event going on it'll be worse I imagine.

29. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Aspirant (225) Nov 10, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

westland rye saison maybe... i've never had it, but westland is a single malt distillery in south seattle that makes some really great stuff, so it's got that super local vibe going.

also - KDS was offered in 4oz or 6oz tasters last week, so you should be okay with trying a couple things.

30. John_M

Beer Trader

Not sure Terry. The GF has a hair appointment at 10:00, and thinks she likely won't get home until noon or 12:30. So assuming we leave Tacoma right around 12:30, I'm guessing we'll likely get there around 1:15 or 1:30.

There's an outside possibility that I may just drive up by myself, in which case I'll likely get there pretty close to opening bell (between noon and 12:30, depending on traffic).

31. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Zealot (513) Mar 9, 2008 Washington

There is a paid parking lot across the street from Fremont Brewing that they will validate for (and a number of lots within easy walking distance). Street parking around the brewery sucks big time but I have great parking karma and usually find a spot without far parking or paying, though. For this event, I would consider paying to park in a lot.

32. John_M

Beer Trader

Sigh... about what I expected, but I guess a little exercise won't kill me. Should be nice weather for a walk. :)

And that's great news about the pour sizes. 4 and 6 ounces pours are exactly what I was hoping for.

33. beertunes

Beer Trader

34. John_M

Beer Trader

Thanks. This sounds like the way to go. I don't mind walking a ways, but I don't want to have to drive all over the place trying to find a spot. A paid lot across the street is exactly what I was hoping for (short of free parking at the brewery).

35. BuckeyeOne

Have you checked the updated weather report? Weather Channel says scattered thunderstorms...

Given how crowded it is likely to be and how long it takes to pour flights, I'd be surprised if they did them. Just thinking...

36. jae

Beer Trader

I concur with the above, zip around the neighborhood in case your parking karma is good, otherwise park in the pay lot across the street. They will be serving food, which is not a regular occurrence at the UBG. If you're ever there on an off day and are hungry, I always get take out from the Pacific Inn, which is a couple blocks away.

37. BuckeyeOne

I'll be there but not sure when. I'm giving strong consideration to waiting until after 3 pm but will most likely be there around 12:30. I'll be with my wife and my chocolate lab/pit bull mix, Rufus. I'll be the one with the scowl on my face and cursing the long lines and crowds --- I usually hit Fremont during the late afternoons/early evenings during the week and avoid evenings and weekends.

distantmantra and beertunes like this.
  38. beertunes

Beer Trader

Anybody want something from Hamsterville? I'll grab and transport.

39. John_M

Beer Trader

Are bottles of the Boundary Bay IIPA available at the pub? If anything my beer closet is way over stocked, but I can never say no to a couple bottles of their DIPA.

40. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (396) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

How does Fremont validate the lot across the street? Isn't that lot one of those where you just stick your money through a numbered slot?

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.