Fremont expansion and information/news about Fremont Brewing

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarbroen

jarbroen Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2014 Washington

Another vote for the hazelnut Dark Star! That was one of my favorite Fremont beers.
    I wouldn't mind more Belgian style beers. Saisons are good but so are Belgian strong ales, trippels, etc.
    English style old ales and barleywines are awesome too.

2. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington

When is the new Lamb coming out? It was tasting delicious.

CaptainQ and sanford_and_son like this.
  3. Texwild

Texwild Initiate (77) May 1, 2008 Washington
    Industry

Great suggestions...we will continue to brew Gose and the variants (cucumber, lime, orange, etc) and would love to can it...need the new brewery bad!

Barrel-aged beer in a can? Now you're hitting our dream world...lots of loss in canning that but we are still dreaming of a small run someday.

Saison? Yes. We have more on deck but need the new system as we are maxed out on the regulars. Good/bad problem but we are working hard to get the new brewery going early next year to offer more, smaller batch stuff...patience sucks.

We brewed our first trippel this winter and will do so again...have a blonde, bier de garde, and others waiting....did I mention patience sucks?

And Pilsner? Need more. Soon. Kolsch? I dislike the name of this wonderful style because it turns newbies off. We call ours Boat, for our brewery cat and because I love boats....Boat, it's like a Pilsner :slight_smile:

I'd love to talk more about our organic hop farm and heritage malt program (see Cascadia Grains Conference and Bread Lab) but I'm beat now...back to drinking my beer and catching up on the days email...and that Half Acre the boys sent over...yum. We sent a 1/6 bbl of Spring Elixir to Half Acre today and they will pour it for their special friends and send it back with something cool...stay tuned for more of this and some fun Perennial stuff Phil is sending, too....Because Beer Matters.

kemoarps, Kurmaraja, woemad and 7 others like this.
  4. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,461) Sep 18, 2010 Washington

"Patience Sucks" ... you need to name a beer that.

kemoarps, woemad and chinochino like this.
  5. HolyMtn

HolyMtn Initiate (68) Mar 26, 2013 Washington

Just want to give a quick shout out to to Fremont...Robert, their Lab and QC Guru, was kind enough to run a couple of barrel samples for us to get exact ABV on one of our beers before we bottle it. We need more breweries like Fremont setting the example and that are commited to QA and QC. Making the effort to put the equipment and procedures in place, on any level or size of brewery, only helps raise the bar and quality of our products. Thanks guys and thanks @Texwild!

6. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,310) Sep 24, 2007 Vatican City
    Trader

You don't think some Petaluma stoners wouldn't have issues with that name?

kemoarps likes this.
  7. draheim

Your double negative notwithstanding, "sucks" is a colloquialism to which no one can claim exclusive rights. I'd also be OK with just Patience, but that kind of sounds like a Hill Farmstead release and several other beers have already been given that moniker.

And while I'm typing, I'd also like to put in another request for OBR. I've got one bottle left but I think it's starting to fall off.
    Drink 'em if you've got 'em.

8. beertunes

Trader

And yet, there are numerous examples of a single word, or even digit, being "claimed" by a brewery. Remember that Fremont's summer release used to be called Solstice? And, that Anderson Valley took exception? Plus, Tony Magee went after SN, just over their kerning fer christs sake! That dude needs to quit harshing peoples mellow with his dankness brah.

9. draheim

Totally agree about Solstice. That was the perfect name for a beer made in Fremont for fuck's sake.

kemoarps, woemad and BuckeyeOne like this.
  10. Moose90

Moose90 Meyvn (1,404) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

Lots of good news and insight there, nice to see the back and forth with some other great breweries as well, keep up the great work.

That is awesome, great to hear.

kemoarps and woemad like this.
  11. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,013) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

Just polished off my first Triple Trifecta, and I have to say it's ridiculously drinkable for a 12% abv beer. Now that I know it shows up around here I'll make sure I grab a fresh one when it comes out.

66jzmstr, sharpski and draheim like this.
  12. Nietzsches_Horse

Nietzsches_Horse Initiate (0) May 2, 2014 Washington

The Endurance IPA, just released today without any obvious advanced fanfare, is also very good and ridiculously drinkable at 9.75%. If you were looking to enjoy a big, imperial IPA as a restorative after prolonged, rigorous exercise, this beer would certainly fit the bill. And at $4.75 for a 22 oz. bottle, Fremont can apparently do no wrong.

13. Slamminson

Slamminson Initiate (48) Mar 24, 2012 Washington

[​IMG]

I just picked up a bottle at the brewery. $4.75 is indeed a deal!

kemoarps, MjBrewhouse, woemad and 2 others like this.
  14. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Aspirant (250) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

New bottle design, too. I like it!

kemoarps likes this.
  15. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,057) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

The Breakside/Fremont collab Back to the Future IPA comes out this Thursday at Chucks 85th. Bombers and draft.

kemoarps and Kurmaraja like this.
  16. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Initiate (167) Nov 10, 2013 Washington

so it's not totally clear to me... did i completely miss 2015 first nail bottle release, or is this still around town?

17. beertunes

Trader

Saw it at the Food Coop here in Bham over the weekend.

ballardbeer likes this.
  18. ballardbeer

latest batch of spring elixir has landed at most bartell's.

19. Nietzsches_Horse

Although I did see it, in a very limited way, as a bottle release a month ago, I have not seen it anywhere since. It may have already come and gone, unless @Texwild can provide some evidence to the contrary. Like some others, I give the 2015 batch a slight edge over the 2014 version. It may have been aged a little less longer on cinnamon sticks, but, being fresher, you still get the cinnamon and everything else that makes this beer so good.

ballardbeer likes this.
  20. ballardbeer

yeah, i must say i'm a bit confused. for some reason i thought there was a ton of it made this year. maybe i'm wrong, or maybe they are waiting to release it.

21. Nietzsches_Horse

When I saw it, it was about a month ago, at PCC in Fremont. It was odd because no release had been announced, and it was also a few dollars less than the 2014 First Nail sold at the UBG (though you could explain that as a "cellaring fee" because they'd apparently held that one back a while). I never saw it anywhere else in town over the past month, though I was myself away for a couple weeks. I think some others did see it, but I don't know where, or when.

I hope, in any event, that you're right about a lot having been made, because it's a great beer. I think if we're especially lucky, most of what got made is not waiting in bottles right now to be released soon, but waiting in barrels to be released as Rusty Nail several months down the road.

22. distantmantra

Trader

Whole Foods, Full Throttle, Chucks and 99 Bottles also got 2015 First Nail. I'm guessing other bottle shops did as well.

ballardbeer likes this.
  23. ballardbeer

i ended up swinging by 99 bottles on the way home from a jobsite and picked up 3 bottles. 99 bottles selection is top notch these days.

NickThePyro likes this.
  24. distantmantra

Trader

Lots of First Nail 2015 at Last Drop.

25. ballardbeer

i'm just speculating here, but brother season is fast approaching, right? my liver is excited for the day that the brother, the sister, spring elixir, endurance, back to the future, and interurban are all on draft. that's got to happen, right?

kemoarps likes this.
  26. Moose90

Moose90 Meyvn (1,404) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

First Nail was very well distributed this year, that's for sure.

27. NickThePyro

NickThePyro Savant (931) Dec 24, 2012 Washington

Just picked up a few bottles with my $3.99 rain check :grinning:

beertunes likes this.
  28. therackman

therackman Initiate (129) Jan 3, 2009 Oregon
    Trader

29. distantmantra

Trader

I'll be in Bend Memorial Day Weekemd. That's as close as I'll be to you.

30. therackman

therackman Initiate (129) Jan 3, 2009 Oregon
    Trader

Thanks for the reply and offer. Can't make it to Bend that weekend and I'm jealous that you get to.

IP would be great, but I'm definitely willing to ship if anyone can go that route. Please send me a message if interested

distantmantra likes this.
  31. distantmantra

Trader

I don't ship beer. Sorry man. I'm sure someone else will hook you up.

32. bfg75

bfg75 Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2011 Washington

33. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,152) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

vurt and beertunes like this.
  34. distantmantra

Trader

Right on. The whole Zoo will be in tow.

Plus I'm picking up BeBeau at the Redmond airport straight from Europe.

beertunes, jpbebeau and sharpski like this.
  35. jaredmull

jaredmull Initiate (72) Dec 26, 2013 Washington
    Trader

36. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Aspirant (250) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

Yo, that unnamed barleywine that Fremont has had on tap for the last few days is really good. Tasted similar to the bottle of Old Bridgerider I opened a few weeks ago, but a bit sweeter.

kemoarps and ballardbeer like this.
  37. distantmantra

Trader

I love how the chalkboard references Snugglebunny and OBR, cause even they don't know what it is.

kemoarps likes this.
  38. Nietzsches_Horse

Does anyone? What, exactly, is the difference? Batch brewed, or barrels in which that batch was aged, or something else?

kemoarps likes this.
  39. distantmantra

Trader

Texwild can school me anytime, but I don't think Snugglebunny was originally barrel aged. I had a very early (and kinda horrible) version in the original taproom during Seattle Beer Week years ago.

40. Nietzsches_Horse

The reviews, including a frank caveat from @Texwild, for that one, indicated a rare infection in that beer. Obviously, what they have on tap now is not one and the same. But whether it's some version of OBR, aged in barrels or not, or something else altogether, remains an open question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.