Fremont expansion and information/news about Fremont Brewing

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,514) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Unfortunately, I can't make it up to Fremont to personally obtain any of the Bbomb variants, but am hoping most (all?) will be distributed down here in Portland. Any new Bbomb variants being bottled this year?

2. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,498) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I'll be up in Seattle next week. Hoping some variants are still on.

3. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (533) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Yeah that's what I'm thinking ... Fremont at 11 ... then Holy Mountain at 3 ... then Cloudburst up until the show starts ... I'd like to hit Stoup & Reuben's but I'm too afraid of the Fremont big boys kicking my ass and pretty much ruining my day/night :slight_smile:

4. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (533) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Since Fremont doesn't serve food ... any to-go lunch recommendations for bringing into Fremont???

5. motherofgod

motherofgod Initiate (62) Apr 19, 2016 Washington
    Trader

If you're a fan of ethnic food, I highly recommend the Ali Nazik Mania from Cafe Turko. It's my weekly routine when I visit Fremont Brewing.

AlexM likes this.
  6. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,071) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Paseo near Fremont sandwiches. I normally grab burgers at Dicks with my daughter and bring them over.

sharpski and AlexM like this.
  7. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Initiate (176) Nov 10, 2013 Washington

just to be super clear... the infusions were candy cane, roasted/spiced pumpkin, and coconut-vanilla. they seem to be draft only (consistent with past years). bottled variant(s) haven't been announced yet.

8. distantmantra

Trader

Sounds like Coffee Cinnamon is the only variant again this year.

sharpski likes this.
  9. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,498) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Yeah, I am hoping for tap.

10. motherofgod

motherofgod Initiate (62) Apr 19, 2016 Washington
    Trader

11. distantmantra

Trader

12. ballardbeer

probably not going to happen... i've only seen them on draft during b-bomb friday. they are already off the tap list.

StoutSnob40 likes this.
  13. ballardbeer

there's rye KDS barrels out in the wild, too. i took this photo September 2015. since I've never heard any mention of a rye KDS version, I just assumed they age/mix in a small number of rye barrels.

[​IMG]

kemoarps, NathanA, brandonwnw and 2 others like this.
  14. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,162) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

If only that variant were any good...

I saw B-Bomb here in Bend today, and it got me thinking if I should buy any regular B-Bomb or just put it all on CC. I don't buy a lot, and no disrespect to the original, but I can't think of a good reason to allocate anything to regular as long as I can grab a few bottles of CC. I love cinnamon, and Fremont has demonstrated they know how to use it.

15. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (812) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

Wasn't a fan of spice wars before, but God damn this shit is for real this year. Glad I was able to get a pour.

16. EdwardAbbey

EdwardAbbey Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2015 Washington

A whisper campaign has already begun in Seattle to encourage them to permanently retire it. They are clearly only embarrassing themselves when they make it, and cruelly punishing those of us foolish enough to drink it each and every year...

I can think of a good reason: namely, it allows you to age a bottle or two, which then puts it (in my mind, anyway) on a comparable level as a drinking experience to fresh CC B-Bomb. By getting both, in other words, you can take the short view as well as the long.

kemoarps and sharpski like this.
  17. stillill

stillill Initiate (48) Mar 6, 2016 Washington

I love the Cinnamon, but the original b bomb is easily my favorite NW beer.

18. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

I really have a hard time picking between the two, but lean towards EdwardAbbey's assessment. When fresh, I think the C&C is decidedly the better beer. However, the coffee and cinnamon really don't seem to hold up all that well over time, and after a year of aging, the regular Bbomb is decidedly the superior beer (IMHO).

If I have the opportunity, I'm going to take EdwardAbbey's suggestion and buy 3 or 4 bottles of both (the C&C for near term consumption, and the regular Bbomb to drink sometime next fall).

Has anyone heard any word when the bottled versions will be released into distribution?

kemoarps, NathanA and EdwardAbbey like this.
  19. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (266) Sep 11, 2011 Washington
    Trader

BBomb seems to be hitting everywhere now.
    CCBBomb release is 12/10, with distro following shortly after, I'm sure.

sharpski, NWer and EdwardAbbey like this.
  20. EdwardAbbey

My suggestions (on anything) are rarely worth taking, but in this particular case I believe I am less wrong than usual.:slight_smile:

As for CC bottles, a 12/10 release at the UBG, with distribution starting the following week.

21. EdwardAbbey

Jinx, you owe me a B-Bomb.:wink:

sharpski and jpbebeau like this.
  22. jpbebeau

Trader

Trade you for a CCBomb.

sharpski and EdwardAbbey like this.
  23. stillill

The CC definitely ages very poorly, so I definitely have no plans to hang on to any bottles this time around. I didn't think the B Bomb ages the best either, but I still stash a couple bottles every year anyway. I personally prefer the fresh over the aged for sure on both.

24. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

For me, fresh Bbomb is a bit too sweet and boozy initially, and the molasses flavor a bit too pronounced. With time, I think the flavors come together better, and the sweetness and booziness subside.

Fresh Bbomb I find a bit too reminiscent of BCBS, which given some of your previous comments, probably explains why you tend to like it a bit more than I. :-)

Either way, both beers are excellent, and I can't wait to try this year's versions.

25. jpbebeau

Trader

I think CCBBomb ages incredibly well. Maybe that's just me.

NWer, distantmantra and mdaschaf like this.
  26. stillill

Supposedly B Bomb bombers are dirt cheap at Costco right now. Supposedly the local spots got mildly screwed due to distribution and Costco got a huge allotment of this beer at the expense of others. FYI

27. distantmantra

Trader

$14 at Costco. My dad got me one at the Covington store today. An employee there told him each store got six cases. SoDo sold out earlier this week.

Costco got BBomb last year, and they do sell flats of Interurban cans so I don't know if screwed is really appropriate here.

kemoarps and sharpski like this.
  28. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,162) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

Now I have to look up how much Interurban Costco sells in a year.

beertunes likes this.
  29. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,913) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

Given the price of dirt (AKA real estate) in Seattle these days, those must be expensive beers!

kemoarps likes this.
  30. stillill

I am well aware, especially since I own a lot of real estate

31. distantmantra

Trader

It's comments like this that prevent a lot of people from being nice. Just so you know.

32. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Crusader (776) Mar 9, 2008 Washington
    Society

Honestly, I took his comment to be facetious since I didn't think he could really be such a braggart douchebag. (But I'm a little skeptical of my conclusion given he introduced himself to our little forum bragging about his haul and mules at a Fremont limited release some months ago).

33. Rip_City

Rip_City Initiate (34) Jul 16, 2016 Oregon
    Trader

ignore him. Still ill, Bro.

John, I agree with you on the CC-Bbomb. I opened up a bottle of 2015 over Thanksgiving. Although still very good, the cinnamon has subdued quite a bit. It is not as balanced when fresh. This year I'm going to drink them as fresh as possible. Perfect after a trip up to the mountains.

beertunes, sharpski and distantmantra like this.
  34. stillill

really? name calling? All because I own two houses and two condos in Seattle?

35. distantmantra

Trader

Why do you keep posting stuff like this and then not understating or admitting to understand the issues people have with your posts? It's just like when you made a thinly veiled mocking comment toward Terry having to work weekends.

Either you're having fun trolling or really don't get it.

We now return to barrel aged goodness.

36. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (812) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

Answer is obvious to me, which is why I guess I'm somewhat confounded that people fall for it and even bother responding.

balto22, 66jzmstr, beertunes and 2 others like this.
  37. distantmantra

Trader

Yeah. I've had a shitty day so I was willing to pay the troll toll.

38. beertunes

Society Trader

Own? Or hold mortgages? Not everyone buys into your Amazon dream.

39. itracy63

itracy63 Devotee (409) Apr 20, 2013 Washington

I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

GregoryMo, ewendel, Moose90 and 15 others like this.
  40. beertunes

Society Trader

Buddy, I agree with @TheBungyo , you troll to get certain responses. I have a twisted sense of humor, so I thought we understood the game we're playing. Bungyo and I agree, you provide a certain level of amusement. We disagree as to your motives (hint: he's much more on your team than I am), but even he seems to be having difficulty being with you now.

If I am wrong, please, continue on the path of reading, and following along with, us here in the NW forum. We always welcome a fellow believer.

But, if you are trying to impress us, you are failing. Muchly.

Brotato, chillax, have a beer, and stop trying to impress us. We want to like you (seems like ya have a fundamental niceness), but you go out of your way to build barriers. The sooner ya stop trying to impress us, the sooner we'll be impressed by you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.